• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Resolved Unknown License .. I have a lifetime license

world123

Hello,
How do I contact support about my above problem? I have reinstalled AnyDVD, etc. with no LUCK!

Thanks,
World

Same, but with AnyStream. I suspect a back-end server problem. (After license check fails, next launch offers to fetch a trial offer and gets a '400' error -- bad request.)

The servers are down, it already happend once in the past. Just wait for them to restart them.

Same problem here - "Unknown license" and new trial licenses can not be requested due to an HTTP 400 error.

Since the licensing system requires servers to confirm the license validity - even for lifetime licenses - RedFox should provide a fail safe infrastructure (Kubernetes, HAProxy or keepalived are no rocket since and available for free). It must not happen that a single server fails and no one can use the licensed software any longer. Or at least add some fallback, that the software gets a token from the server which is valid for a couple of days, so even if a server fails, users will not immediatly run into trouble.

Also what is the point of a "lifetime license" when it still has to be confirmed by your servers?

You only pay once instead of the need to renew it every year.

Yes - but I am still dependend on a working server by RedFox and the software can not be used offline.

I got a lifetime license to avoid that - the price was not relevant. I would have even paid a fixed amount every year if this was the only option available. But I thought the lifetime license would also allow to use the software offline. Well - I now learned this is not the case.

But I thought the lifetime license would also allow to use the software offline.
No, only that you don't have to renew it. The DRM stuff itself happens on their server as far as I understand it.

The first message in AnyStream read:
Your license has been deactivated.
Now it says No license found.
In AnyDVD HD: License unknown.
If there is an error to the server, why does the system tell me "License unknown" "Your license has been deactivated"?
This seems to me to be a bigger problem.

Hi there

Well I'm in the same case as you, I just started the software and it tells me your license has been deactivated. While I bought the lifetime license :(

why does the system tell me "License unknown" "Your license has been deactivated"?
Because it get's no answer from the server and the only message is that the license is unknown. Maybe it also thinks that this means it is deactivated, but maybe it is only an error because there is no other error message. Maybe it should be changed since it is already the second time that it happens.

No, only that you don't have to renew it. The DRM stuff itself happens on their server as far as I understand it.

If the DRM handling for media content would be done on a server you would not need to get updates for the software. Of course this is done locally on the PC - the old AnyDVD before it was moved to RedFox also worked that way. It's only the license check which is has to be verified by a server, even if you have a lifetime license.

If the DRM handling for media content would be done on a server you would not need to get updates for the software. Of course this is done locally on the PC - the old AnyDVD before it was moved to RedFox also worked that way. It's only the license check which is has to be verified by a server, even if you have a lifetime license.
Not entirely true. The UHD decryption and also some BD stuff is happening on their server or at least needs a connection to get the information. Also some issues for AS have been fixed with a server update and no new AS version.

Not entirely true. The UHD decryption and also some BD stuff is happening on their server or at least needs a connection to get the information. Also some issues for AS have been fixed with a server update and no new AS version.

Anyway... as I already also started using MakeMKV and Libre Drive (luckily my BD recorder could be patched for that), I think that will be my preferred solution for the future. Having local DRM free copies of BDs as backup is a good thing anway.

Back