• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PS3 profile takes 6+ hours to convert!?!

JAYSONE

I noticed the profile so I tried it out.
I used the 16:9 profile, 720x480 resolution and the quality set to max to make a compressed backup of Norbit the other evening b4 retiring for the evening...upon checking in the mornin it was done, but the approx. time to complete was around 6hrs!!!

I checked out the file, streaming it wirelessly to my ps3 and it looks pretty good from beginning to end and plays without issues. I would like to use this profile more but 6hrs is ridiculous!

Anyone other than me getting this same issue?

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

BTW- my comp specs: 2.4GHz, 2.5GB ram, lots of xtra memory via external hd's

Last edited:
I noticed the profile so I tried it out.
I used the 16:9 profile, 720x480 resolution and the quality set to max to make a compressed backup of Norbit the other evening b4 retiring for the evening...upon checking in the mornin it was done, but the approx. time to complete was around 6hrs!!!

I checked out the file, streaming it wirelessly to my ps3 and it looks pretty good from beginning to end and plays without issues. I would like to use this profile more but 6hrs is ridiculous!

Anyone other than me getting this same issue?

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

BTW- my comp specs: 2.4GHz, 2.5GB ram, lots of xtra memory via external hd's
Something is wrong I did that exact same movie to MPEG-4 in 26 mins. for my IPOD. Let me try what you did.;)

Something is wrong I did that exact same movie to MPEG-4 in 26 mins. for my IPOD. Let me try what you did.;)

Any results from your testing?

Is there any other profile I can use that would give me that 16:9 ratio? I like the fact that I don't have to always hit "wide zoom" on my tv to get a full screen view. Or maybe a setting I can change on one of the profiles?

Thanks for the help in advance! :agree:

Jaysone

Hey Jaysone,

Did you access the Video_TS folder of that DVD directly with CDVDm, or did you copy over the folder to the hard drive before transcoding it? What AnyDVD version do you use?

Cheers Chris

My current version of ANYDVD is 6.1.7.4
Although I don't know which version I used to make my backup copy initially.
Did you access the Video_TS folder of that DVD directly with CDVDm, or did you copy over the folder to the hard drive before transcoding it?
I accessed the video_ts folder using virtual clonedrive to access the stored .iso on my hardrive.

JAYSONE

I can confirm that it takes approx 6hrs to encode using the PS3 16:9 ratio profile (CloneDVDmobile 1.1.5.4). Using CloneDVD 2.9.1.2 and ANYDVD 6.1.8.4, I ripped the main movie of Transformers R1 to an ISO image file for later use. I mounted the image file using VirtualClone Drive 5.1.4.5 and encoded as Jaysone did (using 2 passes and no deinterlacing). My system specs are as follows:

Code:
CPU name: 	Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU          6400  @ 2.13GHz
CPU speed: 	2133MHz
Memory: 	2048MB

Last edited:
Is Slysoft going to work on a fix for this issue since it seems like it's not just my computer but rather an issue with the software? In the meantime...

Is there any other profile I can use that would give me that 16:9 ratio? I like the fact that I don't have to always hit "wide zoom" on my tv to get a full screen view. Or maybe a setting I can change on one of the profiles?

I'm running out of room on my harddrives and would like to make the backups a bit smaller rather than keep the .iso's since I have the actual discs put away...I just like the ease/convenience of streaming from my pc.

Anyone got any ideas?

Is Slysoft going to work on a fix for this issue since it seems like it's not just my computer but rather an issue with the software?
I doubt there is anything Slysoft can do about it. The PS3 profile encodes to H.264, which requires a lot of computing power to encode/decode. The amount of time required to encode depends greatly on the settings utilized and your computer specs.

I think the main problem is that CloneDVDmobile uses mencoder (its known to encode slowly and updates for it are releases somewhat sporadically). There are some custom builds of mencoder that are faster; however, they are unlikely to work with clonedvdmobile. I have found that Nero 8’s recode encodes much faster than CloneDVDmobile, but it is more expensive (I like to backup just the main movies to Nero's Standard AVC profile, which is similar to the PS3 profile).

Back