• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD 1:1 Disc Copy

sinister6

I am curious as to some recommendations of what people were using to make true 1:1 (sector?) copies with AnyDVD.

In the past I used Clone CD, but is this still a viable option with new versions of AnyDVD. I have also used DVD Decryptor in combination with AnyDVD. Suggestions and comments appreciated.

Last edited:
If you have Nero, "Copy DVD" does a 1:1 backup. That's the method I use.

This will get us put into the third party forum most likely and will likely drive Webbie insane, but, hey, what good would I be if I didn't annoy him daily?! :D (hehehehe) However, I tend to use ImgBurn read and write mode when I do my DL backups. CloneCD works fine and I don't really have an issue with it, but, ImgBurn has worked for all my burning needs and there's no way to PERSISTENTLY CHANGE CLONECD TO USE AN ISO WITH LAYER BREAK INFORMATION IN TACT(cough cough feature request). So, ImgBurn works very well for this.

However, I tend to use ImgBurn read and write mode when I do my DL backups. CloneCD works fine and I don't really have an issue with it, but, ImgBurn has worked for all my burning needs and there's no way to PERSISTENTLY CHANGE CLONECD TO USE AN ISO WITH LAYER BREAK INFORMATION IN TACT(cough cough feature request). So, ImgBurn works very well for this.

Here, Here! I second that motion. I sent Lightning UK! a $100 donation because I use ImgBurn (and his previous program) almost exclusively for burning. It is the ONLY single program that gives you FULL CONTROL over the placement of the layer break flag. I used to use PGCEdit with it's shell to the MKISOFS command line program to do this, but once these copy protected titles came out, MKISOFS started choking on them. Sonic RecordNow Deluxe used to do a decent job of producing a valid layer break point, but it picked it and didn't allow you to choose. Also, if the cell where the break was located was also in another title, RecordNow would not put the flag in that title also, so it was not as thorough as ImgBurn.

I've encountered ISO images that were created with CloneDVD, and those were TOTALLY uncompliant for DL burning - there is no valid break point in CloneDVD created ISOs to use as a layer break.

That said, I backed up Surf's Up! with AnyDVD in the background and ImgBurn's read mode. The only issue with doing it this way versus re-authoring is that the Copy appears to AnyDVD and DVDFab as still having the structural copy protection on it. I suppose that's the price of sector based burning...

Back