• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Computer Restarts Halfway Through Shrink 3.2 Encoding

DucktheHoward

Hello All,

I recently purchased AnyDVD 6.1.8.4 and installed the free Shrink 3.2 software.

I am running an eMachine T3414, fully-registered copy of Windows XP Home SP2, an Intel Celeron (R) 3.06Ghz processor with 2GB of DDR RAM.

My DVD burner was a Sony DRU-800W.

I ripped four movies with AnyDVD and burned those images to DVD using Shrink 3.2 with no issues. However, after I successfully ripped "Private School (1983)" using AnyDVD, I proceeded to backup the files to DVD using Shrink 3.2.

When I attempted to watch Private School, the DVD kept skipping, and I noticed an inserted "scratch" from the DVD protection.

I then upgraded the firmware on my Sony DVD Burner and tried to backup the same Private School DVD using AnyDVD 6.1.8.4.

Around the 47% mark of encoding, my computer restarted :mad:

After replicating this situation twice more, it was affirmative... 47% each time.

I obviously had only one culprit: the FIRMWARE UPGRADE! :confused:

I went to purchase another DVD burner (LG LightScribe GSA-H54L 18x), and installed the drive.

To my surprise, I was able to burn Private School successfully and about four other movies. However, when attempting to burn Killer Klowns from Outer Space ( 1988 )...

My computer restarted around the 47% mark of encoding AGAIN! :mad:

What gives? My computer is in excellent condition, and it appears to be the DVD Shrink program.

If I want to burn video files to DVD, should I just purchase CloneDVD and let that be that?

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance,

- DucktheHoward (quack quack)

Sounds like you need a good can of air to blow the dust all out of the PC, also another thing could be the heatsink fan or other fans are going bad and need replacing thus causing over heating on the PC.

I am running an eMachine T3414

How unfortunate. :( I hope you never buy another.

I noticed an inserted "scratch" from the DVD protection.

There's no such thing as an "inserted" scratch. There are bad burns and junk blank media. click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3635 and read fully.

Also, since you're using Shrink, click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3992 and read fully.

Around the 47% mark of encoding, my computer restarted

Overheating . . . possible bad power supply as well (emachines are known for using junky power supplies).

Thanks I keep forgetting about bad PSU's on this stuff and I am majoring in the computer tech field. :confused:

The quality of the PSU's in E-Machines (now made by Gateway) is usually pretty good but they use the "minimum" size requirement. Adding any hardware, or even upgrading hardware, to them can over task the PSU's very easily.

The quality of the PSU's in E-Machines (now made by Gateway) is usually pretty good but they use the "minimum" size requirement. Adding any hardware, or even upgrading hardware, to them can over task the PSU's very easily.

I thought Acer bought Gateway and Emachines out?

It might not be the case here but I have seen before where a ripping program could lead to a reboot like this. After a great deal of searching the culprit turned out to be the person's ATA controller. They switched the drivers and the problem was resolved.

It might not be the case here but I have seen before where a ripping program could lead to a reboot like this. After a great deal of searching the culprit turned out to be the person's ATA controller. They switched the drivers and the problem was resolved.

/shrug

i. For XP with ide burners
Click this

Do what it says to do if you have XP and an ide burner/optical drive.

ii. For Vista with ide burners

Go into device manager, and check to ensure you're using standard Microsoft ide busmaster drivers.

Right click on your PCI IDE Bus Master controller, and remove it. Ensure that it also removes the driver for your DVD/CD rom. Reboot. Your system should find hardware. After your system is finished installing hardware, reboot again.

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=48880&postcount=20 to get a better idea of what I'm asking for if you're using Vista.

Back