• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question Download Speed: UNLIMITED | Is there a real risk of getting banned?.

pitoloko

Hi. I would like to know if there is any real risk of getting banned from Amazon prime video service (or Amazon's account closure due to violate terms) if the user sets the download speed in AnyStream to 'Unlimited'. That's all what I would like to know.

x4 is very slow for me and I would appreciate if the developers adds a new "x8" option, because that is what I would like to use rather than 'Unlimited', but only in case of that "x8" will not have any risk of causing any red flags for the user.

Thanks in advance.

And in case that someone from this forum has been sanctioned/banned/deleted from Amazon due to setting 'Unlimited' download speed, can you share your testimony please?.

I, as many users, use unlimited since a long time and till now, neither I or anyone on this forum has noticed (or reported) anything strange to their account. Of course you should not buy 10 licenses and download the entirety of Amz on one day, but I have no issues after downloading several seasons and movies within a few days.

My take on this is for now it is fine because I feel certain they know anyway. So long as you pay your subscription and don't torrent, at this time, they don't care enough to do anything about it.

My take on this is for now it is fine because I feel certain they know anyway. So long as you pay your subscription and don't torrent, at this time, they don't care enough to do anything about it.
Exactly that is what I also think. There is no way they haven't noticed it by now.
And I would think they would hurt themselfes more than helping against piracy, because they would loose many customers if they would start banning. In fact, I only subscribed to Prime because of AS. I might've bought it to get the shipping benefits when I would order enough, but that does not apply for NF and so on. I would defenetly subscribed to NF and P+ to try if I can somehow get the stuff I want, but not for more than one month when it doesn't work. I only payed for many month now because of the existence of AS.

About not downloading the entirety of AMZ in one day... I must recognize that I'm that kind of frenzy leecher at downloading everything from AMZ and from channels (like MGM) in few days. But at 4x speed.

In fact I downloaded more than 100 movies in the last 3-4 days. (yes, at 4x speed, and also with non-plus AnyStream so without using a download queue).

It is a practice I repeat sometimes from two years ago until now. I can do a rally of 100-200 downloads in few days, and spend some months without downloading anything more.

...Always using 4x speed, I insist. But looking at the comments I don't think anything strange is going to happen for using unlimited instead of 4x.

If we thought anything strange would happen, we would't have those settings. ;)

Last edited:
About not downloading the entirety of AMZ in one day... I must recognize that I'm that kind of frenzy leecher at downloading everything from AMZ and from channels (like MGM) in few days.
I also do that sometimes and will continue with Star Trek as soon as P+ is finally available. It was more a phrase to not overdo it.

That would be :oops:
Are you sure?

If we thought anything strange would happen, we would have those settings. ;)

Could you please clarify whether that is or is not a sarcastic answer with which you will mean that the 1x, 2x and 4x settings exists because the dev-team thought (and still thinking) that "something strange" (harmful to the end user) could happen when downloading at unlimited speed?.

And what about my request of adding 8x speed setting?. Do you consider it reasonable to accept this request?. Would it be a problem for you / the dev-team to add 8x and maybe 10x?.

Could you please clarify whether that is or is not a sarcastic answer with which you will mean that the 1x, 2x and 4x settings exists because the dev-team thought (and still thinking) that "something strange" (harmful to the end user) could happen when downloading at unlimited speed?.

And what about my request of adding 8x speed setting?. Do you consider it reasonable to accept this request?. Would it be a problem for you / the dev-team to add 8x and maybe 10x?.
I meant to type " wouldn't" sorry about that.:(

If we thought anything strange would happen, we wouldn't have those settings

Not being the developer I really couldn't say if this is possible or it is not. But I would think 10X would be faster than the Unlimited so, if you do choose the Unlimited you are getting the top speed that either your computer or your ISP will handle.

If you feel unlimited is too much exposure and might get you kicked off that provider's service, what makes you think that 4x wouldn't? If they are monitoring how fast you "watch" a movie, you don't think 4x would raise suspicion?

I grabbed 500 or more prime downloads yesterday and has not been banned, will grab another 80 or so today
If it hasn't happened by now, personally I wouldn't worry too much. More important things in life to stress about.;)

I recently signed up through Amazon prime for Starz for $1.99 for 2 months to grab some of my favorite westerns. I been downloading almost 24 hours day for almost week now and have had no problems.
And I like to mix things up, after I get what I want from Starz, I go back to my regular routine of a couple of days with HBO downloads, then a day or so with Paramount+, then Hulu, you get the idea.

I recently signed up through Amazon prime for Starz for $1.99 for 2 months to grab some of my favorite westerns. I been downloading almost 24 hours day for almost week now and have had no problems.
And I like to mix things up, after I get what I want from Starz, I go back to my regular routine of a couple of days with HBO downloads, then a day or so with Paramount+, then Hulu, you get the idea.
That's what I like to hear, someone enjoying the program. It's actually fun, sometimes people say they are downloading so much they don't have time to watch. :):);)

Ok so then i have to ask this because its not a huge issue but its been bugging me, when i start a download it pauses for periods of time and then eventually finishes. It will say its going at lets say 25MB/s but take way longer then it should to finish. Is that normal behavior or do i have some settings wrong? Sorry if this is in the wrong spot!! Also redfox #1!

Ok so then i have to ask this because its not a huge issue but its been bugging me, when i start a download it pauses for periods of time and then eventually finishes. It will say its going at lets say 25MB/s but take way longer then it should to finish. Is that normal behavior or do i have some settings wrong? Sorry if this is in the wrong spot!! Also redfox #1!
Its closing the download, finalizing. You will notice that it goes faster with smaller downloads. A 4gb file will take a few seconds at the end.

Back