• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Please Help an Idiot

boyak

I'm sure the answer to my question is as simple as a few clicks, but I'm not as technologically as inclined as the rest of you. So here goes. All I want to do is save the movie to my hard drive so I can watch it there. I know space is an issue, so I am planning to buy a 750gb external hard drive to library my movies. I've tried using AnyDvd to "Copy to Hard Drive" but when I go to where the files were saved, its's there but in the form of a multitude of files, non of which are playable (as far as I can decifer). The same goes for the option of using CloneDvd2's "Dvd Files" and "ISO/UDF Image". So my question ultimately is, can anyone please tell me how to save a movie to my hard drive so I can watch it without having to burn it to DVD. Any response will be greatly appreciated. By the way, I'm running Windows Vista on a HP laptop with more than sufficient storage space, if that is of any importance.

I'm sure the answer to my question is as simple as a few clicks, but I'm not as technologically as inclined as the rest of you. So here goes. All I want to do is save the movie to my hard drive so I can watch it there. I know space is an issue, so I am planning to buy a 750gb external hard drive to library my movies. I've tried using AnyDvd to "Copy to Hard Drive" but when I go to where the files were saved, its's there but in the form of a multitude of files, non of which are playable (as far as I can decifer).

No. They are playable. You do need dvd playback software. Some popular choices include Powerdvd and Windvd. Either program will allow you to choose that folder as the source and play it.

I have Windows Media Player and Media center. Are either of these sufficient or do I need another program? If that is the case, do you have a suggestion as to where I could download a program or do I have to bite the bullet and fork over more cash? Thanks for responding.

I have Windows Media Player and Media center. Are either of these sufficient or do I need another program? If that is the case, do you have a suggestion as to where I could download a program or do I have to bite the bullet and fork over more cash? Thanks for responding.

It should work with Windows Media Player 11 (although I never use it . . . Try "File"-->"open" or something).

@ boyak,

Point your DVD playback/viewing software program of choice to the VIDEO_TS folder that you have directed either AnyDVD or CloneDVD to copy the Commercial DVD Movie to your Hard Drive. Do not attempt to play any single file but direct your DVD playback/viewing software program to play the VIDEO_TS folder. DVD playback/viewing software programs are designed to play the VIDEO_TS folder.

An excellent “Free” DVD playback/viewing software program is Media Player Classic ->

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Media_Player_Classic.htm

Regards,
Coaster

change the extension of one of the VOB files to MPG and try opening that into media player. it may or may not work. if it does and has no sound you will probably need to download the ac3 codec. just do a google search for ac3.

Back