• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The Hoax and Havoc 2 Region 1 cannot be backed up w/ AnyDVD 6.1.8.4 - use 6.1.7.4

Squaredog

The Hoax R1 and Havoc 2 R1 cannot be backed up with the latest AnyDVD 6.1.8.4. 6.1.7.4 works fine, tried on three computers all the same.

The Hoax R1 and Havoc 2 R1 cannot be backed up with the latest AnyDVD 6.1.8.4. 6.1.7.4 works fine, tried on three computers all the same.

Would you care to elaborate? Post the ZIP file containing the AnyDVD logs for these discs? What type of error are you receiving?

I wouldn't recommend to anyone to downgrade w/o first confirming a problem exists.

Third post now on Havoc 2, and at third on The Hoax (counting Slysoft 1's post... he misspelled the topic as "The Host").

I told the guy on CDFreaks to come here and post the log files (answer questions 8, 9, and 10), but their admin told him not to. :confused:

Third post now on Havoc 2, and at third on The Hoax (counting Slysoft 1's post... he misspelled the topic as "The Host").

I told the guy on CDFreaks to come here and post the log files (answer questions 8, 9, and 10), but their admin told him not to. :confused:

They need to post all the info because this is confusing. I just completed a full disc backup of The Hoax w/o any issues. I scanned through and found no problems.

I only used AnyDVD 6.1.8.4 & CloneDVD 2.9.1.2.

Summary for drive Y: (AnyDVD 6.1.8.4)
PLEXTOR DVDRPX-760A 1.07 08/18/0715:10
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2015520 sectors (3936 MBytes)
Total size: 4031032 sectors (7873 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: THEHOAX_US
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

Warning: .bup file location is wrong, .bup processing disabled!
RCE protection not found.
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 5 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Well, if Drinklyeanddie says there isn't a problem with 6.1.8.4 and the Hoax, then there isn't a problem.

People having problems need to start answering some questions.

DrinkLyeAndDie's info window doesn't match the one Slysoft 1 posted ("sabine's" over at CDFreaks).

Differences are in bold:

DrinkLyeAndDie's window:

Media is a DVD.

Media is CSS protected!

UDF filesystem patched!

Slysoft 1's ("sabine's") window:
Summary for drive H: (AnyDVD 6.1.8.4)
_NEC DVD_RW ND-3550A 1.07 06101900BT-LIGGY
Drive (Hardware) Region: free

Media is a DVD.

Media is CSS protected!

ERROR: AI Scanner has failed, error -1!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
UDF filesystem patched!
Found & removed 3 potential bad sector protections!

Last edited:
DrinkLyeAndDie's info window doesn't match the one Slysoft 1 posted ("sabine's" over at CDFreaks).

Differences are in bold:

DrinkLyeAndDie's window:

Slysoft1's window:

Now that is definitely odd. The version I have was bought at a local store when it was released.

What setting was the A.I. Scanner set to. This can have an impact on what shows up in the status window. I have mine set to the the default setting (very fast).

Last edited:
I doubt there's a difference between the discs. The disc size and layer break position are exactly the same.

What I do note is one drive is using a region-free firmware; I don't know if there's an issue with that unofficial firmware that would affect the A.I. scanner.

I also don't know if sabine has a bad original disc (which may trigger different information in the status window . . . this happened before with a badly damaged original disc)--nor do I know if sabine has a bunch of packet writing junk on his or her computer (bad ide busmaster driver . . . or other programs that conflict with Slysoft products).

And the default setting on the A.I. scanner should be used.

Last edited:
Now that is definitely odd. The version I have was bought at a local store when it was released.

What setting was the A.I. Scanner set to. This can have an impact on what shows up in the status window. I have mine set to the the default setting (very fast).

Even on deep scan it shows up as 5 potential bad sector protections.

I'm going to run a scan on my disc with Nero CD-DVD Speed. I suggest people having a problem try this on their discs. I would ask they answer the questions Webslinger has asked and I would also like to ask the people to disable AnyDVD and scan the disc and see if there are bad sectors. Then enable AnyDVD and scan the disc and see if there are bad sectors. It's a possibility that a bad disc could cause this error with the A.I. Scanner if it cannot fully read the disc

Last edited:
I just replied in the CDF post that they need to run Nero CD/DVD speed and check the disc for errors. I'm guessing there are bad discs floating out there but we need to know for sure.

I just replied in the CDF post that they need to run Nero CD/DVD speed and check the disc for errors. I'm guessing there are bad discs floating out there but we need to know for sure.

One thing I will note is that the speed at which this disc is read can fluctuate greatly. The beginning was up and down and the middle third of the disc seemed pretty slow but then it shot up to 13x at about 70% and then gradually slowed back to the 6x area from 90% on.

My disc is 100%.

One thing I will note is that the speed at which this disc is read can fluctuate greatly. The beginning was up and down and the middle third of the disc seemed pretty slow but then it shot up to 13x at about 70% and then gradually slowed back to the 6x area from 90% on.

My disc is 100%.

Freaky. Well, let's see what the scans of the disc come back as.

James should code a button into AnyDVD that automatically posts the info window and zip file to the forum or something. Then at least we could ask users to just push a button, although even getting people to do that will probably still be like pulling teeth. And it won't post the error message from whatever program the user was using to back up the disc.

I used to work in support, and I still can't get over how many people think saying, "It don't work" is enough to get a problem solved.

Anyone have information window for Havoc 2?
I believe the same people that put out Full of it and the Blade House of Chthon all put out by New Line Home Video. I would think this is the Protect DVD protection which AnyDvd should be able to handle. I would also like to note I was able to back up Hoax R1 no problems with AnyDvd 6.1.8.4 and Dvd Shrink.

James should code a button into AnyDVD that automatically posts the info window and zip file to the forum or something. Then at least we could ask users to just push a button, although even getting people to do that will probably still be like pulling teeth. And it won't post the error message from whatever program the user was using to back up the disc.

I used to work in support, and I still can't get over how many people think saying, "It don't work" is enough to get a problem solved.

It's been asked for. He's looking into something like that for a future version. I begged for it, believe me. :)

Anyone have information window for Havoc 2?
I believe the same people that put out Full of it and the Blade House of Chthon all put out by New Line Home Video. I would think this is the Protect DVD protection which AnyDvd should be able to handle. I would also like to note I was able to back up Hoax R1 no problems with AnyDvd 6.1.8.4 and Dvd Shrink.

Havoc 2 is a New Line release and as such has X-Protect copy protection meaning the UDF file system is a mess. And, yes, AnyDVD 6.1.8.4 can handle the movie when the AnyDVD ripper is used or CloneDVD. It's possible this movie will have the same problems that Blade - House of Chthon has with DVD Shrink where it appears to back up fine but when you play the backup you'll find stuttering. Nero Recode likely won't be able to even import the movie at all.

Media is a DVD.
Size of first Layer: 1931856 sectors (3773 MBytes)
Total size: 3504317 sectors (6844 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: NORMAL_ADOLESCENT_BEHAVIOR
Media is CSS protected!

Repaired invalid title search pointer table!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
UDF filesystem patched!
Found & removed Autorun from Video DVD!

Havoc 2 is a New Line release and as such has X-Protect copy protection meaning the UDF file system is a mess. And, yes, AnyDVD 6.1.8.4 can handle the movie when the AnyDVD ripper is used or CloneDVD. It's possible this movie will have the same problems that Blade - House of Chthon has with DVD Shrink where it appears to back up fine but when you play the backup you'll find stuttering. Nero Recode likely won't be able to even import the movie at all.

In this case, use Anydvd ripper and then import that rip using Shrink or Recode.

Okay, well, thanks to Drinklyeanddie, we know that Anydvd 6.1.8.4 handles both of these discs perfectly fine. Moving on . . .

In this case, use Anydvd ripper and then import that rip using Shrink or Recode.

Yes, as I suspected Nero Recode just refuses to import from the start. I have no desire to test DVD Shrink but I'd be willing to bet it will end up being problematic as was Blade - HoC. If people don't own CloneDVD then use the AnyDVD ripper initially and then do whatever they want with Nero Recode or DVD Shrink.

Okay, well, thanks to Drinklyeanddie, we know that Anydvd 6.1.8.4 handles both of these discs perfectly fine. Moving on . . .

Glad to help. :) I'm definitely done doing any testing on these discs.

People will need to do some testing of their own now. Some people probably have bad discs since at least one person on CDF reported they got a bad copy of The Hoax and returned it for a replacement and then it worked fine. Other people probably have some problematic garbage on their systems such as DirectCD, InCD, DLA, etc.

In the end, we cannot read minds and I'm not willing to even try.

Last edited:
Back