• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion The Nvidia 4080 GPUs will be released in November 2022

Does the 4080 use that same silly connector?

I read an article that Nvidia stated it's basically your fault if your 4090 bursts info flames.

Code:
https://www.pcworld.com/article/1386084/nvidia-finally-responds-to-melting-rtx-4090-cable-controversy.html

The entire 4000 series use that connector. The 4070, and any other model will too.

Old news, it's the PSU, all of the ones that went on fire or burned were using subpar Power supplies cables, A GPU draws Power, but the PSU does not supply it. So you if have a GPU that draws 350v and you have a PSU that only has a 300V rail, it's going to overheat. It's not rocket science. Why do you think it's only happening to some of these? Not all of them. If you have an 850W PSU and it only has a cable that will only handle 275V from the 12V rail, and the GPU is drawing 350W what do you think is going to happen? Plus most of the ones that burned were using those cheapo pigtale connectors and they cannot handle that power. You need separate 8pin connectors direct to the PSU. ;)

Forgot about the one i linked most recently? That one was a 1000W ATX 3.0 verstuurd PSU with a native pci-e 5 cable to 12VHPWR. it's not the PSU, sorry. Going by your own logic, it's the PSU that should overheat and fry, not the 12VHPWR connector. It's an curious thing going on and the last hasn't been said about it I'm sure. But with my 1080 still working fine, i might end up skipping this gen too and maybe snap up a 3000 weird blow that they're actually in stock at decent prices, or wait for the 5000 series

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

With ATX 3.0 the power will be drawn only if the PSU can supply it. No chance of burning cables. ATX3 won't be available until next year, and as far as I'm aware is only a requirement for PCIe5 devices.
RTX 4000 is PCIe4.

The two main features of ATX3 is.
An ATX3 PSU must be able to provide twice its rated output specs for a sustained load.
It must also provide a data link to the device so it can be told what the device's hardware requirements are. No more burning cables.:)

No more burning cables.

Tell that to this guy

https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/ymq9x5/native_atx_30_connector_meltedburnt_msi_mpg_a1000g/. Used an MSI MPG A1000G https://www.msi.com/Power-Supply/MPG-A1000G-PCIE5 which is a ATX 3.0 PSU with native PCIE5 cables for 12VHPWR, guess what. It still melted, the PSU must indeed be able to carry a sustained higher load yes. But that doesn't mean the 12VHPWR connector can't still melt if it has crappy built-quality. Remember, all failures so far are at the GPU end of that cable, not the PSU end. All PSU's so far are perfectly capable ATX 2.0 and 3.0 alike, every failure is on the gpu side. The problem is with the connector so far, not the PSU

which is a ATX 3.0 PSU with native PCIE5 cables for 12VHPWR, guess what. It still melted, the PSU must indeed be able to carry a sustained higher load yes. But that doesn't mean the 12VHPWR connector can't still melt if it has crappy built-quality.
Yeah, I understand, it's like buying a crappy car and asking why it broke down and your friend's Audi runs fine.

Back