• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Resolved Can't get to Prime Video within Amazon

testiles

UHD Guru
Maybe someone can tell me what may be the problem here...

Today when I go into the AnyStream Prime tab and click on "Prime Video", no movies are shown...

AS screen capture - no Prime movies.JPG

... I can navigate to other parts of Amazon but nothing's coming up under Prime Video.

No such issue in a normal browser.

Not sure if it's much help but attaching a log file.

Can't help thinking this is something obvious I'm doing or not doing, but can't see what it is.

No problem with other providers.

Using 1.4.6.4.

T

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.4.6.4.astlog
    83.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
The s-amz-adsystem gets errors. Do you have any network-wide adblocker like Pi-Hole?
But since it works in your browser, this is not the issue as it would then also not work there.
Code:
00:00:02.050 - [Debug] [CEFView::prime] Load started: https://s.amazon-adsystem.com/...
00:00:02.063 - [Error] [CEFView::Handler::prime] Load error: ERR_ABORTED

You have to navigate the Amazon page to the AVP page, you can use the back button or just click on Prime Video.

I had this issue not long back. I posted about it. My pi-hole was passing it but my firewall which filters for Ads was blocking it. But the AMZ page in a browser worked fine.

I had this issue not long back. I posted about it. My pi-hole was passing it but my firewall which filters for Ads was blocking it. But the AMZ page in a browser worked fine.
If this was an AS issue the forum would have at least 100 posts in it as Amazon is the Prime channel people use with AS. The thing that could do that is a VPN, Amazon recognizes that the request is not coming from the USA and block the APV page. It happens more and more everyday. Sure they let you see what you buy on Amazon but they will not let use the APV page with a VPN.

Last edited:
Do you have any network-wide adblocker like Pi-Hole?

No.

Nothing has changed since I last used AS with Prime 2 days ago.

You have to navigate the Amazon page to the AVP page, you can use the back button or just click on Prime Video.

Not sure what the AVP page is, but I can go anywhere in Amazon I click within AS, just not to Prime Video with any movies showing, no matter how I approach it...

... my firewall which filters for Ads was blocking it.

Haven't touched my firewall at all.

And there are a lot more ads on the pages I can click in Prime within AS! :=)

If this was an AS issue the forum would have at least 100 posts in it as Amazon is the Prime channel people use with AS.

Yeah, I figured.

So looks like this is just an issue for me then...

The thing that could do that is a VPN

No VPN or anything similar.

I'm not that advanced. :=)

Ok, well I'm stymied for now.

I'll do things like reboot the PC and try previous AS releases and see if it makes any difference....

T

Changes to your firewall are not what spurs this. I had not made any changes either. From what I saw I assume this is a new ad injection domain they are using they added. For whatever reason the webpage loads but it trips up AS. Disregard what I said if you wish but I had this EXACT issue and it was because I was filtering that domain out via my firewall which was set to block ad domains.

As soon as I let that domain pass through AS started loading again.

For the record I whitelisted it in pi-hole as well but I think it was passing at the time.

I had this EXACT issue and it was because I was filtering that domain out via my firewall which was set to block ad domains.

Thanks for the input.

I'm just using the basic Windows Firewall.

I turned off both the Network and Domain Firewall there but it didn't make a difference...

T

Thanks for the input.

I'm just using the basic Windows Firewall.

I turned off both the Network and Domain Firewall there but it didn't make a difference...

T

My bad for being vague. When I said "firewall" I meant what most people refer to as their router. So the device I use between me and my ISP modem. But I have it filtering a lot of stuff and for me personally it was blocking the amazon-adsystem domain. Which caused the page to show nothing in AS like yours.

My bad for being vague. When I said "firewall" I meant what most people refer to as their router. So the device I use between me and my ISP modem. But I have it filtering a lot of stuff and for me personally it was blocking the amazon-adsystem domain. Which caused the page to show nothing in AS like yours.

Ok.

Haven't touched any router setting since Verizon installed the thing last year.

I'll take a look and see if it's doing any domain filtering...

T

Ok.

Haven't touched any router setting since Verizon installed the thing last year.

I'll take a look and see if it's doing any domain filtering...

T

If you are just using what the ISP provides you I doubt that's what is doing it. I could be wrong but the ISP stuff usually blocks nothing. Somewhere along the way on your PC or whatever else you use for filtering is stopping that domain. Maybe just reboot your router? Maybe some silly 1 off is occurring. You can try to ping that domain and see if it answers at all, it does for me.
Code:
ping s.amazon-adsystem.com

If you are just using what the ISP provides you I doubt that's what is doing it. I could be wrong but the ISP stuff usually blocks nothing. Somewhere along the way on your PC or whatever else you use for filtering is stopping that domain. Maybe just reboot your router? Maybe some silly 1 off is occurring. You can try to ping that domain and see if it answers at all, it does for me.
Code:
ping s.amazon-adsystem.com

I'm in over my head, but I checked the Router and no special rules are set up.

I set it on Low Security which mean free-flowing traffic both inbound and outbound.

Still no change.

Results of the ping look good to me, but as I said, out of my league here so don't really know what to look for...

upload_2022-11-22_13-42-58.png

I'll try re-booting the Router and my PC as well...

T

No worries man. So you can ping it. That is good. That means its not a DNS thing. If something is actually filtering it would be based on the URL itself then.

Now I would not leave your router in that low security state. You really don't want unsolicited traffic coming in.

I would say reboot your stuff and see what happens.

Now I would not leave your router in that low security state. You really don't want unsolicited traffic coming in.

LOL.

No I set that back to normal immediately after testing!

I rebooted the Router but no change.

Rebooted the PC --- and am now back in business!!!!

:dance:

As you say, must have been one of those weird one-of situations, that just required clearing the slate on the PC.

All is back to normal and I am surely happy about that!!

I do more Prime downloading than from the other providers so was already jones-ing when not able to download from there today.

Thanks for the assist!

@RedFox 1 , you can mark this "Resolved" if you like.

T

Last edited:
LOL.

No I set that back to normal immediately after testing!

I rebooted the Router but no change.

Rebooted the PC --- and am now back in business!!!!

:dance:

As you say, must have been one of those weird one-of situations, that just required clearing the slate on the PC.

All is back to normal and I am surely happy about that!!

I do more Prime downloading than from the other providers so was already jones-ing when not able to download today.

Thanks for the assist!

@RedFox 1 , you can mark this "Resolved" if you like.

T
I had faith in you, especially since DQ was helping you, he is an expert in communications. I knew you would figure it out. I am very happy for you and a big thanks to DQ.

FYI --

Unfortunately, this issue has reared its ugly head again...

I used AS on the Tuesday we last talked to download from Prime once working, then "put it away".

Yesterday when I brought it back up, Prime Video had disappeared again. :=(

I re-booted the PC but this time it didn't make a difference.

Installed 1.4.8.0, still no go.

Shut AS down -- when I brought it up today, Prime Video was back again.

No changes on anything between the two days - in fact hadn't even been on the computer very much at all.

I'm still in Holiday-mode right now so not doing a deep-dive troubleshooting session just yet.

I'll keep my eye on this and try debugging further -- most likely after the weekend.

Will report what I find out, if anything.

T

Just log out of Amazon and log in again and it will be fixed. :) Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce this issue, but I have spoken to the developer and he told me what I told you.

Just log out of Amazon and log in again and it will be fixed. :) Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce this issue, but I have spoken to the developer and he told me what I told you.

Thanks Redfox 1, I went ahead and did that! :)

I logged out of Amazon within AS then back in.

I didn't do it on the browser of the computer because I'm sure you meant inside AS only.

Hopefully this will get Prime Video back to normal.

Fingers crossed - will let you know how things progress.

T

Back