• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Resolved Disney+ Elton John concert Success

bbbbb

Unable to get Elton John concert, first stage stream initialization failure

Attachments

• Disney Elton.astlog
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Hiya bbbbb,

Elton John concert from Dodger Stadium on Disney+ is currently a "live event" stream.

I believe AnyStream does not support live event recording and from a post by RedFox1 in the past does not plan on doing so.

Don't know if Disney+ will eventually have it as a regular on demand file, but there are news stories about some upcoming concerts and never seen before Elton John concert footage that they will be putting up in the near future due to a collaboration between Disney+/Elton & Furbish producing.

I did a screen capture (1280x720 12,000 kb/s video w/384 kb/s stereo) and used Topaz to enhance/upscale to 1080p with nice results.

There are some versions of it on YouTube, if you can grab those, but the ones I saw looked shaky and of lesser quality - but really didn't spend a lot of time looking.

Mike

I am checking it now. If it is live or an .mp4 that should be able to download, thank you Heracles.

He is correct, but it has nothing to do with it being live, it is an old concert. It is a DRM issue and I will pass it along to the developers. We are very sorry and apologize for this inconvenience .:(

He is correct, but it has nothing to do with it being live, it is an old concert. It is a DRM issue and I will pass it along to the developers. We are very sorry and apologize for this inconvenience .:(

Hi Redfox1,

I'm a tad confused - that happens occasionally :rolleyes:

But I *thought* this is a replay of yesterday's Elton John Concert from Dodger Stadium that only "Live Streamed" yesterday, so I wouldn't call it "old" since it's a replay of yesterdays event.

But it would be great news if your developer could get it going. :dance:

Mike

Attachments

• elton.jpg
    elton.jpg
    492 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Hi Redfox1,

I'm a tad confused - that happens occasionally :rolleyes:

But I *thought* this is a replay of yesterday's Elton John Concert from Dodger Stadium that only "Live Streamed" yesterday, so I wouldn't call it "old" since it's a replay of yesterdays event.

But it would be great news if your developer could get it going. :dance:

Mike
Thanks, Mike for that information, but if it happened yesterday there is a chance as you say that they have not converted it yet, so you may be right,, but it wouldn't hurt for our developers to take a look, when I said we cannot download Live, I meant that we cannot download a live stream, but if it's over they still call it live because it is a Live Concert. But it gets converted into .mp4 soon after it's over to be enjoyed by people not attending. You may be 100% correct and the conversion may not have happened yet.

Its looks like it was a special event and has to be bought to be viewed

The concert special is exclusive to Disney+, but if you purchased Hulu through the The Disney Bundle ($13.99.month or $19.99/month for the Hulu with no ads plan), you also have access to Disney+ and ESPN+.

RedFox1,

The confusion grows strong in this one! (me) :banghead:

I watched/captured this concert streaming live on Disney+ last night and only subscribe to Disney+ - I didn't buy it as a special event.

I can stream it right now on Disney+ in Chrome & Firefox by logging into Disney+ at:

Code:
https://www.disneyplus.com/event/details/elton-john-live-farewell-from-dodger-stadium/6aQA9fnjeVbZ

It can be screen captured in Firefox by me. Chrome gives a black screen when trying to capture & Edge gives and error message when I even try to play it.

Just fyi.

Mike

Last edited:
Thanks for that information. You can screen capture anything. What does that have to do with anything we said here? The developers are in bed now. Try coming back at a later time.

Redfox1,

I had a similar experience as Mike. I did not buy, Elton John Live at Dodger Stadium, as a special event. Last night I watched the Live Stream via Apple TV and Disney+ app. During the Live Stream I was not able to download via AnyStream (as mentioned earlier the MP4 was not yet created).

This morning I was able to watch the prior streamed (newly created MP4) concert on Edge browser by logging into Disney+. On the same laptop I am not able to download the concert via AnyStream which errors out (First Stage Initialization Fails) after 1-2 seconds. AnyStream created 0 bytes MP4 file. I have also attached a log file.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Dave

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.4.6.4.astlog
    41.6 KB · Views: 0
That's correct. Thanks for the log file. I looked it up on google, I guess I misunderstood what they said. Sorry. That still does solve this issue. Come back at a later time maybe I can find out what the issue is. Maybe I can't. I have no idea.;) Its a new file, maybe it's DRM, maybe it's not, we will try and find out, is that okay? I hope so.

Last edited:
Thank you!!! I just read through all this, and yes I agree: I pay for Disney+, the concert was streamed live last night for all who subscribe, and now it is there in Disney+, "looking" like all other movies and show content provided by Disney+. BUT.. when trying to get it, it throws the error as reported in this thread.
Again, THANK YOU.... I will keep checking back here for the resolution.

It's a new entry on Disney as of last night, which means its most probably under the Digital Rights Management (DRM) , I doubt you will be able to download this anywhere as of yet.

This seems to be the same situation as a few months ago when Disney streamed "Harmonious Live" from Epcot live on Disney+, then made the replay available to watch on Disney+ shortly after.

At first Anystream couldn't download the replay, there were posts and logs, then after some time (I forget how long, but I think it was only a few days), it was fixed and working that you could download with Anystream.

Elton John Live .mp4.jpg Elton John.jpg Its available now for Download on Disney+, it was released. We have it now.

Last edited:
This seems to be the same situation as a few months ago when Disney streamed "Harmonious Live" from Epcot live on Disney+, then made the replay available to watch on Disney+ shortly after.

At first Anystream couldn't download the replay, there were posts and logs, then after some time (I forget how long, but I think it was only a few days), it was fixed and working that you could download with Anystream.
This was lIvestreamed just a few days ago and now we have enabled the download. We also have enabled most all new content in 1080p on HBO Max and NF

This was lIvestreamed just a few days ago and now we have enabled the download. We also have enabled most all new content in 1080p on HBO Max and NF
I was reading from my phone and didn't see that it works now.

Although, I just got home and I'm trying it now, and getting "Couldn't retrieve playlist."

Code:
00:02:57.118 - [Notice] [browser:disney] Logging in...
00:03:08.159 - [Notice] [browser:disney] Provider logged in, getting profiles...
00:03:08.162 - [Notice] [browser:disney] Retrieve page content...
00:03:26.132 - [Error] [disney] Request timed out: https://vod-cmc-na-east-1.media.dssott.com/ps01/disney/e1a2312d-1872-47e8-8bcc-f358fd11d0ab/ctr-all-e6b321df-1ee5-482a-bbcb-3e9a52a4df28-fc12576c-92ff-451e-a0dd-16406f4fcb8c.m3u8?fr=30&v=1&hash=f110464f17017c41b9428ce072aa66f1dd78c87b

00:03:26.132 - [Error] [disney] Error retrieving playlist https://vod-cmc-na-east-1.media.dssott.com/ps01/disney/e1a2312d-1872-47e8-8bcc-f358fd11d0ab/ctr-all-e6b321df-1ee5-482a-bbcb-3e9a52a4df28-fc12576c-92ff-451e-a0dd-16406f4fcb8c.m3u8?fr=30&v=1&hash=f110464f17017c41b9428ce072aa66f1dd78c87b
So I'll wait a little longer.. many it needs time to hit this particular server?

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.4.7.0.astlog
    227.1 KB · Views: 3
Back