• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Not a RedFox Issue December 6th 2022 - new version of widewine

FannyTastic

On December 6th 2022 - a new version of widevine will be released. How will this affect anystream?

The new version of the DRM has been available since late September early November so not much time to figure out a workaround. Should we expect SD only content for a while?

FWIW, it looks like Amazon may have enforced early:
I am getting:
Digital Rights Error
Your web browser is missing a digital rights component. Go to chrome://components and under WidevineCdm, click Check for update.

FWIW, it looks like Amazon may have enforced early:
I am getting:
Digital Rights Error
Your web browser is missing a digital rights component. Go to chrome://components and under WidevineCdm, click Check for update.
So can you download it just fine? I am assuming you can. That posted pop-up from Amazon, I saw it once but it does not affect, downloading in any way for me. Whatever changes I am sure we will fix it, if it changes, and I have plenty of movies to watch in the meantime.;)

So can you download it just fine? I am assuming you can. That posted pop-up from Amazon, I saw it once but it does not affect, downloading in any way for me. Whatever changes I am sure we will fix it, if it changes, and I have plenty of movies to watch in the meantime.;)
Like you said, @RedFox 1, this is the 'cat and mouse' situation when it comes to AS and the providers, with the providers being the cat, and AS being the mouse.

Sometimes, the cat wins the day, but I have faith that the 'mouse' will get the cheese eventually.

:):D:dance:

I think you are right. I thought it was a complete block, but that item was closeable and then a download could commence without issue.

I guess that is just a warning page, then. About the forthcoming dooooommmm! Or not.

I really don't get the drama and consternation around DRM changes. I mean they seem to happen on a regular basis and most we don't appear to know about until they happen. So I don't get the reason for people flipping their lids for one we know about. If a change occurs and it actually effects us just let Redfox do their thing.

I really don't get the drama and consternation around DRM changes. I mean they seem to happen on a regular basis and most we don't appear to know about until they happen.
The drama is that this might be the time that they fail and a valued tool works no more. The chance may be slight, but it is real. Overwork may cause the Head Fox Cracker a brain aneurism, the other guys may have hired somebody smarter who can make a silk purse out of a sows ear 'cause it is extraordinarily difficult (if not impossible) to have a secure system on insecure hardware.
Think of it like a series cliffhanger. Yes the main character will almost certainly get out of it, but maybe he is being replaced by someone more diverse. or the series will be cancelled or ...
In any case, there is plenty of opportunity for fans to discuss it until the cats sing opera. Or the fat lady meows.

The drama is that this might be the time that they fail and a valued tool works no more. The chance may be slight, but it is real. Overwork may cause the Head Fox Cracker a brain aneurism, the other guys may have hired somebody smarter who can make a silk purse out of a sows ear 'cause it is extraordinarily difficult (if not impossible) to have a secure system on insecure hardware.
Think of it like a series cliffhanger. Yes the main character will almost certainly get out of it, but maybe he is being replaced by someone more diverse. or the series will be cancelled or ...
In any case, there is plenty of opportunity for fans to discuss it until the cats sing opera. Or the fat lady meows.

A meteor could fall on you while you sleep tonight but I would not stay up all night worried about it because 1) it is unlikely and 2) there is nothing you can do about it either way.

Just not worth getting wrapped up about in my mind.

I think you are right. I thought it was a complete block, but that item was closeable and then a download could commence without issue.

I guess that is just a warning page, then. About the forthcoming dooooommmm! Or not.
This has been happening every 6 months to a year, it is the normal CDM change for Google. Do I care ' Yes" Am I worried about it"? No. It's not as if the world was going to end. I am old and I have more entertainment than I could ever watch.

A meteor could fall on you while you sleep tonight but I would not stay up all night worried about it because 1) it is unlikely and 2) there is nothing you can do about it either way.

Just not worth getting wrapped up about in my mind.

well there is something you can do about it - download before 6 dec anything you think you might want in the next months

Back