• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Resolved Problems with Multiple Audio and forced subtitles

Nth2C4U

Hello,
I noticed a problem using the multiple audio feature when using the batch download. My primary language is German but most shows I also watch in English, so I download both languages.
Here’s my problem, if I download the first Season of „Once Upon a Time“ on Disney+ (with batch download) I noticed that on episode 5 the English forced subtitles are missing. The normal English, normal German and forced German subtitles are included but not the forced English. If I download only episode 5 the English forced subtitles will download.

I’m using the newest beta 1.4.6.4

Hello,
I noticed a problem using the multiple audio feature when using the batch download. My primary language is German but most shows I also watch in English, so I download both languages.
Here’s my problem, if I download the first Season of „Once Upon a Time“ on Disney+ (with batch download) I noticed that on episode 5 the English forced subtitles are missing. The normal English, normal German and forced German subtitles are included but not the forced English. If I download only episode 5 the English forced subtitles will download.

Have you watched episode 5 yet? Maybe there are no forced in that episode. You need to post a logfile with any issue. Please do not forget that.

There are subtitles. If you download episode 5 only you can select the English forced subtitles. The forced part is at the end of the episode. I’m currently not home but if you need a logfile I can create one later

If I download only episode 5 the English forced subtitles will download.
So you have the complete series now, I will mention it to the developer. Sometimes with a new update there are small issues that will be fixed, thank you for reporting.

Okay thank you. Do you still need the logfile or can you reproduce the issue?

When you start a batch, AS checks the first episode and shows it's subtitle options
If the first Episode contains a forced stream, AS tries to download checked options in all subsequent episodes.
Since in Ep 1 there is no english forced subtitle, it's not checked (for the rest of the batch) so AS won't download it.

Workaround ... start a batch for Ep 1 to 4, then add 5 to X (with checked english forced subtitle) to the batch

Okay thank you. Do you still need the logfile or can you reproduce the issue?
It's always good to leave a log file, but the most important thing is that you have what you need. I will make the developers aware of this, as I have said it's a new addition to our program, and it most probably needs a few tweaks, thank you for reporting.;)

as I have said it's a new addition to our program
Not really, as cartman said this issue is there for month now. I also noticed it on the D+ month I had and I already suggested a checkbox to either always download all subs or download all subs for this language. Since the configuration window is a bit bigger now due to the multi audio feature, the room might be suitable for these checkboxes.

Not really, as cartman said this issue is there for month now. I also noticed it on the D+ month I had and I already suggested a checkbox to either always download all subs or download all subs for this language. Since the configuration window is a bit bigger now due to the multi audio feature, the room might be suitable for these checkboxes.
Yes 1 month is relatively new.:rolleyes:

Yeah, we had that discussion a while back and if I remember, even one of the devs jumped in explaining the issues...

even one of the devs jumped in explaining the issues
One checkbox would solve all problems. Always also dowload forced subs/always download all subs for one language. In the thread we talked about it I even made a GUI suggestion using a picture.
However, it is not even neccessary to follow this suggestion, as it can be made a setting just like sourround audio. I just wrote something like that in my thread.

Workaround ... start a batch for Ep 1 to 4, then add 5 to X (with checked english forced subtitle) to the batch

Yes the problem is when you don't know what subtitles they will be embedded. I download 2 or 3 languages in subtitles (original, english and mother tongue) and sometimes there is only forced for one of the language or sometimes CC, so since months I donwload one by one, the thing that can be easier is to not close the season window, it will be much easier to add manually episode by episode.

Hello,

A log file really is required.
Disney has "once upon a time" and also "once upon a time in wonderland".
I assume, you mean the former.
The first one has 7 seasons. Which one are we talking about?

My initial tests with similar series didn't show any problems (forced subs down the line were picked up fine).

The logic, btw, is:
  1. if the first selected episode had forced subs, then select the same ones you had selected for all episodes further down, if available
  2. if the first selected episode had none (e.g. you had no way of selecting), automatically select all forced subs in further episodes matching selected audio languages
That should cover all typical situations.
If that doesn't work, then something is not working correctly. I'd need your log file to tell.

if the first selected episode had none (e.g. you had no way of selecting), automatically select all forced subs in further episodes matching selected audio languages
Really? Is that new? Because when I had the D+ month I had to use the workaround for two or three seasons, as the first episode didn't have forced subs.
However, why matchig selected audio languages (only)? When I only download the german audio, but also want to have english and japanese (forced) subs, then it will only select the german forced subs?

However, why matchig selected audio languages (only)? When I only download the german audio, but also want to have english and japanese (forced) subs, then it will only select the german forced subs?
That is how forced subs work and how they are intended to work.
They are for movies, that you watch in your language, then when someone speaks in a different language, you get the subtitle telling you what they said in your language.

That's exactly what, for example, Amazon will do, when you select English audio language for playback. It will automatically (without even asking you) activate English forced subtitles, if available. (Which is why they are called forced).

EDIT: let me put it this way: if you'd download the German forced subtitles, wouldn't you also have selected the German Audio? After all those subs will only show when someone is speaking not-German in the movie.

And yes, it's somewhat new, though not brand new (can't easily say exactly when the change was)

EDIT: let me put it this way: if you'd download the German forced subtitles, wouldn't you also have selected the German Audio? After all those subs will only show when someone is speaking not-German in the movie.
It is not for watching. I always also download english and japanese subs, just because I am interested in these languages (except I can't even understand japanese lol). And since I store them external, I always download them with the first audio (german) and then, if en and jp audio is available as well, I make a second and third download for them. But since I already have the subs, I don't select subs again at all.
This might now change with the multi-audio feature, because then I would already select the other languages in the first download, so AS would maybe also get the forced subs for them. But until now (without this feature), when I download german (as I might have mentioned a few minutes ago in the D+ retry download button thread), the forced subs haven't been selected when they were not in EP1. That's why I repeatedly mention the checkbox, so I can tell AS to always download all subs for the languages I want. Why shouldn't I download subs for a language different to the selected audio track?

Since I might've spread my requests for checkboxes and settings throughout various threads, I am happy to make a new one and explain and list them there at on place if you want.

Back