• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Havoc 2

rictheyardi

Anydvd us having problem backing up Havoc 2. What is the problem and can it be fixed?

Havoc 2 initially wreaked havoc with my DVD drive - Windows Explorer and other apps including AnyDVD would not even see a DVD in the drive it says it's empty. Rebooted multiple times, nada.

After I upgraded to the latest, AnyDVD and Shrink worked OK.

Stay away from this malicious DVD it installs something on your hard drive !

Havoc 2 initially wreaked havoc with my DVD drive - Windows Explorer and other apps including AnyDVD would not even see a DVD in the drive it says it's empty. Rebooted multiple times, nada.

After I upgraded to the latest, AnyDVD and Shrink worked OK.

Stay away from this malicious DVD it installs something on your hard drive !

Always always disable autorun for your CD/DVD drives! Anyone who doesn't is just looking for trouble.

Yes, this movie has the X-Protect copy protection on it and also has the InterActual player on the disc along with all the other garbage they put on these discs.

The ******** still have the gall to put the DVD logo on this disc when it is not a disc that follows the DVD specifications.

Havoc 2 backed up fine with 6.1.8.4 but not with 6.1.7.4

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1931856 sectors (3773 MBytes)
Total size: 3504317 sectors (6844 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: NORMAL_ADOLESCENT_BEHAVIOR
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

Warning: .bup file location is wrong, .bup processing disabled!
RCE protection not found.
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Repaired invalid title search pointer table!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
UDF filesystem patched!
Found & removed Autorun from Video DVD!
Found & removed 5 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

All the more reason to update to AnyDVD 6.1.8.4. None of the newer X-Protect titles will work with the older versions nor will other updated protections (ie RipGuard, Arccos, etc) as they use them.

While some titles are not handled well, at the moment, I'm sure James will resolve the problems soon. Nonetheless, the amount of problematic discs is relatively minimal and many of the discs reported as problematic have turned out to actually not be a problem with AnyDVD 6.1.8.4 at all. Normal Adolescent Behavior: Havoc 2, The Hoax, The Invisible and Transformers are just a few examples of the supposedly problematic discs that turned out to be flawed discs or other non-AnyDVD related problems.

Last edited:
I'm running on 6.1.8.4 and I had an issue with Havoc 2 and with Full of it. Both movies backed up fine, but about halfway through the disk... the AUDIO starts to get off... badly... delayed by 5 or 10 seconds.

I thought it was a problem that was caused during the transfer... but watching the vid on my laptop... it squeezed like that.

I'm running on 6.1.8.4 and I had an issue with Havoc 2 and with Full of it. Both movies backed up fine, but about halfway through the disk... the AUDIO starts to get off... badly... delayed by 5 or 10 seconds.

I thought it was a problem that was caused during the transfer... but watching the vid on my laptop... it squeezed like that.

You need to use Anydvd ripper when you use Shrink (and possibly other third party programs).

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3992

Someone politely asked me to test this disc with DVD Shrink. Stuttering began in Chapter 4 and was also in Chapter 5. I stopped checking at that point because any further testing was pointless. Simply put the backup was a failure.

I'd say from here on out that any new releases with X-Protect should be considered off-limits when using DVD Shrink. Nero Recode simply won't import the disc, period. Unless the disc is first ripped with the AnyDVD ripper or CloneDVD stay away from using both programs on the original disc. Unless something is changed with AnyDVD this will remain to be true. Unfortunately, with how messed up the X-Protect protection is I don't know if DVD Shrink or Nero Recode will ever be useable when ripping straight from the disc. Only James can figure that one out and if it's possible I'm sure he'll be the one to accomplish it.

In short, if you are an AnyDVD user and you are dealing with a disc containing the X-Protect protection then only* use CloneDVD or the AnyDVD ripper to initially rip the disc to your HDD. You can do whatever editing you wish with the files on your HDD using whatever program you wish.

*There may be other programs that work alongside AnyDVD for ripping these discs w/o problems but I don't use them so I also don't know which ones do and do not work.

Edit: These results do not come as a shock.

turning off autorun WIN XP

Always always disable autorun for your CD/DVD drives! Anyone who doesn't is just looking for trouble.

Yes, this movie has the X-Protect copy protection on it and also has the InterActual player on the disc along with all the other garbage they put on these discs.

The ******** still have the gall to put the DVD logo on this disc when it is not a disc that follows the DVD specifications.

search for gpedit
it will be the bottom one found in system 32
double click on it
go to administrative templates
go to system
you will find it on the right
turn off auto play
click on it and set it up

Anydvd 6.1.8.4 handles this disc perfectly fine (provided Anydvd ripper or Clonedvd is used).

Webslinger is absolutely on the money, AnyDvd and CloneDvd made a perfect copy. AnyDvd and 1 Click Pro made a mess of the movie. Another decrypter (third party) and Nero Recode also did a good job, only problem I had to make an extact copy not "movie" only.

Stick with AnyDvd and CloneDvd :D

Back