• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

weird problem with my backups

Tristyn

I have made several posts on CDFreaks regarding this latest update and the results I am now seeing. Should I post here as well or have you all seen them?

Thanks.

I have made several posts on CDFreaks regarding this latest update and the results I am now seeing. Should I post here as well or have you all seen them?

Thanks.

Hi Tristyn. Can you attach the entire zip file to a post in this forum so we can take a look? It contains more than just the log you posted on CDFreaks. Thanks!

Also, Tristyn, do the originals play on your machine with AnyDVD enabled? Or is this just a problem playing the backups?

Hi Tristyn. Can you attach the entire zip file to a post in this forum so we can take a look? It contains more than just the log you posted on CDFreaks. Thanks!

OK, here's what is going on. On 3 seperate occasions DVDs I just burned will not play using PowerDVD on my PC while AnyDVD is enabled. The movies were Jungle Book disks 1 and 2 and Daredevil. (Yes, new and old alike)

Here is how I burned these movies:
  1. Select/deselect items with CloneDVD and rip to HDD (with AnyDVD running, of course)
  2. Edit and process with VOB Blanker
  3. Tested HDD files for playability - checked OK
  4. Burn with Recode (Nero 7) at 12X max using Advanced Analysis and Slow Burn
  5. Re-insert DVD to test w/ PowerDVD - it starts then just stops
  6. Disable AnyDVD and the movie plays fine.
  7. Play in DVD deck and movie plays fine.

I use only Verbatim +R 16X media so that is probably not the problem.
Drive is Pioneer 111L. I have burned well over 600 DVDs on this sytem and over 300 on this drive and never seen this.

As you will see from the logs, this particular DVD causes the AI to error. On the others I do not get the error but still see the lines saying there are file system problems and bogus title sets even though AnyDVD and CloneDVD should have removed those originally?

I have already been through the exercise of attempting to remove filters but all I managed to do was break my drives. However, those filters have been on my system for months and/or years and never caused a problem until I updated AnyDVD.

OK, I think that's it. Thanks!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_JUNGLE BOOK 1.zip
    77.8 KB · Views: 4
Also, Tristyn, do the originals play on your machine with AnyDVD enabled? Or is this just a problem playing the backups?

Yes, the original plays fine. Attached is the .zip for the same DVD as above.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_JBS0NNW1.zip
    87.7 KB · Views: 5
Thanks, Tristyn. I believe you said you tried to disable the AI Scanner, as well, and it still had problems? Can you provide us with the status window output with the AI Scanner disabled on the Jungle Book backup? (Go into AnyDVD Settings, Video DVD, settings, at the bottom set the AI Scanner to disabled). I don't need the whole zip file for that, just post the contents of the AnyDVD status window. That'd be very helpful. Granted, I don't work for Slysoft so I can't fix this problem, but, I've got a pretty good idea of what's going on here and it's nothing on your system that's causing the problem. You said DareDevil has this problem, too? I have that one so I can do some of my own testing, as well. Thank you for posting this information. It'll help Slysoft fix this when they get a chance.

For those that are interested in what *I* believe is going on here, it seems that the AI Scanner believes there is still protection on the disc and tries to remove it. However, because the protection was already removed(and I guarantee it was if you ran it through VobBlanker before burning), the AI Scanner crashes (error 12 is indicative of an exception within the AI Scanner code). As a result of the half-measures taken by the AI Scanner up to the point where it crashes, the disc becomes unplayable. This is simply my THEORY as to what's going on here.

Tristyn said:
CDR4_XP (system32\drivers\CDR4_XP.sys), Version 8.0.0.212 (8.0.0.212)
Company: Sonic Solutions, Product: Drag-to-Disc

This packet writing drag to disc garbage from Sonic has got to go.

Uninstall it, and ensure it no longer appears in your filters.

Here's how you check:

a) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)

b) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Is CDR4_XP still there? If it is you need to

1)Backup your registry.

2) Select CDR4_XP and select "Remove Selected Filter". Reboot

It doesn't matter if you've had this junk on your system for years. It needs to go.

Use dvd-ram instead if you want drag-and-drop functionality. Packet writing software is less stable and simply causes problems.

This packet writing drag to disc garbage from Sonic has got to go.

Uninstall it, and ensure it no longer appears in your filters.

Here's how you check:

a) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)

b) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Is CDR4_XP still there? If it is you need to

1)Backup your registry.

2) Select CDR4_XP and select "Remove Selected Filter". Reboot

It doesn't matter if you've had this junk on your system for years. It needs to go.

I knew you were going to reply to this and meant to mention it. Tristyn tried to remove it already and it fried their drives. Since it's been on there this long and they've not had problems, I'd say leave it for now. It's NOT the issue in their problem. (Yes, this crap SHOULD get removed, but, not right now...there's enough problems going on.)

I knew you were going to reply to this and meant to mention it. Tristyn tried to remove it already and it fried their drives.

Yes, but how did he remove it? He needs to uninstall the program that installed it. And if that doesn't work he needs to remove the selected filter as opposed to simply deleting the driver off his system (which would account for the drive issue). The filter entry and the driver need to go.

It's NOT the issue in their problem.

I'm not so sure. I just ran into a similar issue on a friend's system yesterday. Her system was full of packet writing software (from two different programs), and Anydvd was acting very oddly as a result. I removed the junk, and she is no longer getting A.I. errors.

Last edited:
If that's the case the issue isn't the A.I. scanner

Possibly. That's why I was asking cause I'm not 100% sure on that point. The error 12 is definitely the problem I described above. If there is an issue with the AI Scanner disabled(again, not sure, but, I thought they mentioned that on CDF), then it's possibly yet ANOTHER problem going on in addition to the AI Scanner problem. :/

Thanks, Tristyn. I believe you said you tried to disable the AI Scanner, as well, and it still had problems? Can you provide us with the status window output with the AI Scanner disabled on the Jungle Book backup? (Go into AnyDVD Settings, Video DVD, settings, at the bottom set the AI Scanner to disabled). I don't need the whole zip file for that, just post the contents of the AnyDVD status window. That'd be very helpful. Granted, I don't work for Slysoft so I can't fix this problem, but, I've got a pretty good idea of what's going on here and it's nothing on your system that's causing the problem. You said DareDevil has this problem, too? I have that one so I can do some of my own testing, as well. Thank you for posting this information. It'll help Slysoft fix this when they get a chance.

Edited for length by Tristyn

Here is the status screen with AI disabled:

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.1.8.4)
PIONEER DVD-RWDVR-111L 8.29 06/08/10PIONEER
Drive (Hardware) Region: free

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 1
Total size: 2284032 sectors (4461 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: JUNGLE BOOK 1
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is region free.

RCE protection not found.
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 7 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

BTW, it still will not play unless AnyDVD is completely disabled. Changing the AI has no effect.

Yes, but how did he remove it? He needs to uninstall the program that installed it. And if that doesn't work he needs to remove the selected filter as opposed to simply deleting the driver off his system (which would account for the drive issue). The filter entry and the driver needs to go.

I'm not so sure. I just ran into a similar issue on a friend's system yesterday. Her system was full of packet writing software, and Anydvd was acting very oddly as a result. I removed the junk, and she is no longer getting A.I. errors.

I'm not entirely sure how they removed it, but, the drives disappeared when they did.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=229625&page=2#post1910495

That should shed some more light on this issue.

Here is the status screen with AI disabled:

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.1.8.4)
PIONEER DVD-RWDVR-111L 8.29 06/08/10PIONEER
Drive (Hardware) Region: free

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 1
Total size: 2284032 sectors (4461 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: JUNGLE BOOK 1
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is region free.

RCE protection not found.
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 7 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

BTW, it still will not play unless AnyDVD is completely disabled. Changing the AI has no effect.

That is exteremely ungood. These are the only 2 discs having this problem? I might have to retract my statement to Webslinger in that it's *POSSIBLE* the Sonic stuff is causing you problems. How did you attempt to remove them before? That stuff SHOULD be removed...I do agree with him on that. His instructions might be a good thing to try if you haven't already.

That is exteremely ungood. These are the only 2 discs having this problem? I might have to retract my statement to Webslinger in that it's *POSSIBLE* the Sonic stuff is causing you problems. How did you attempt to remove them before? That stuff SHOULD be removed...I do agree with him on that. His instructions might be a good thing to try if you haven't already.

It may even affect the creation of the backup. I'm not sure.

Yeah, I suspect the driver was removed--but not the filter, which would account for the optical drive issue. The filter and the driver need to be removed.

That makes sense. Given that the scanner being disabled still shows protection on the disc(WTF) I'm inclined to at least have them try and get rid of that Sonic crap and try it.

Back