• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion Avoiding being 'detected' by the stream provider?

Blurayorbust

I've been thinking of buying AnyStream to download some movies which I purchased a few years ago on Amazon - I've never liked the possibility of Amazon removing them even though I've paid for them and am now the owner as far as I'm concerned. I usually buy movies on Blu-ray but will occasionally make a digital purchase.

I understand that AnyStream presents itself to the streaming service as Chromium, is that right? Or does the streamer see it as Chrome?

If I was to do a 1:1 speed download (therefore at normal viewing speed) would that be a foolproof way to avoid detection, not just on Amazon but any of the streaming services?

As an aside I guess if a streamer like Amazon was suspicious they would also notice that all of a sudden I'm apparently using the Chromium browser instead of my usual (Firefox).

Naturally I don't want to risk being kicked off the service or perhaps even fined, etc.

Last edited:
This is all my opinion.

In all honestly, it's not that they don't know. They know. It's just that so long as you keep paying and don't torrent the stuff you pull down they don't care. For now.

This is all my opinion.

In all honestly, it's not that they don't know. They know. It's just that so long as you keep paying and don't torrent the stuff you pull down they don't care. For now.
I agree.

A simple rule to follow for anyone thinking of purchasing (or are currently using) AS: Don't even think about sharing (using torrents) any video that you get from AS. That's the fastest way to get the owners of the IP (Intellectual Property) to totally shut down RedFox.

So don't do it.

I've no intention of sharing anything, just wanted to be sure that if I downloaded anything I wouldn't get any hassle from the streaming service.

This is all my opinion.

Interesting, I'd assumed that if downloading 1:1 and doing it rarely would mean they wouldn't even have a clue. I'm also assuming that if the streaming service was looking at the downloading stream they wouldn't be able to tell if it was a download or just someone watching a movie normally.

I've been thinking of buying AnyStream to download some movies which I purchased a few years ago on Amazon - I've never liked the possibility of Amazon removing them even though I've paid for them and am now the owner as far as I'm concerned. I usually buy movies on Blu-ray but will occasionally make a digital purchase.

I understand that AnyStream presents itself to the streaming service as Chromium, is that right? Or does the streamer see it as Chrome?

If I was to do a 1:1 speed download (therefore at normal viewing speed) would that be a foolproof way to avoid detection, not just on Amazon but any of the streaming services?

As an aside I guess if a streamer like Amazon was suspicious they would also notice that all of a sudden I'm apparently using the Chromium browser instead of my usual (Firefox).

Naturally I don't want to risk being kicked off the service or perhaps even fined, etc.
We have been doing what we do with complete success in this area. How we do it is in our heads. If you would like to buy it please visit our purchase page we are having a 20% sale.

Reactions: DQ
Amazon removing them even though I've paid for them and am now the owner as far as I'm concerned.
You rented them to watch from Amazon, you did not buy them unless you have a physical copy. In comes AnytStream to save the day;)

Interesting, I'd assumed that if downloading 1:1 and doing it rarely would mean they wouldn't even have a clue. I'm also assuming that if the streaming service was looking at the downloading stream they wouldn't be able to tell if it was a download or just someone watching a movie normally.

Again, all my opinion here. I am a long time tech guy but I have no inside knowledge here. But based on my experience in IT and security if they don't know it's only because they don't care. At what point they really care they will know and can stop it if they really wanted.

But that goes to whatever_gong82's point. Just don't upload what you pull down. Because if they starts to happen they will indeed care.

At this time, in my opinion, they (providers) are happy to take your money in any case.

My normal streaming done with Amazon and Netflix is via an app embedded within the guts of my Xfinity cable boxes, I simply watch in real time what is streamed.

I trialed AnyStream recently, my 'net provider is Xfinity as well, and neither company said "boo."

I d/led content that I wanted to watch again, and didn't pig out on wanting to get either streamer's entire catalog in one session.

The idea of "sharing" with torrents what I'd pulled wasn't even a consideration, the content is already pirated and available.

Back