• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem with Heroes disc 2, Region 1

Vincenza

i there, Im having problems backing up Heroes disc 2 region 1 this time.

Here is the status window

Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD 6.1.8.4)
LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1633S BS0C 2004/08/27 17:53
Drive (Hardware) Region: 2

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2049104 sectors (4002 MBytes)
Total size: 4064730 sectors (7938 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: HEROES
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Analysing using dvdshrink, I get the following error message:

Data Error (Cyclic Redundancy Check).

I get the following error message whilst using AnyDVD and CloneDVD:

G:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_014.VOB:read error

Data error (cyclic redundancy check).

[File 1 G:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_4.VOB 23 Picture Reader]

I get the following error message when I use AnyDVD to backup to hard disk:

FileIO 3 VTS_01_4.VOB 581138432 348160

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_G_HEROES.zip
    94 KB · Views: 3
There's no special protection on this disc.

Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. With Anydvd running in the background, select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is (probably) bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

Having the same problem with Heroes Season 1 Disc 2

I have attempted to backup Season 1 Disc 2 using 3 different discs and all keep failing on 47% using AnyDVD and DVDShrink?? Any ideas gents. DVDfab has failed to backup the discs as well...

I have attempted to backup Season 1 Disc 2 using 3 different discs and all keep failing on 47% using AnyDVD and DVDShrink?? Any ideas gents. DVDfab has failed to backup the discs as well...

Well, you can try disabling the Anydvd scanner. However, it seems more likely to me that you both are encountering bad original discs (which is not uncommon).

I don't see any special protection here.

Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. Select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is (probably) bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

Hi there, I managed to back up the disc on a different drive.The original drive showed a little portion of the disc to be damaged. So i put it into a different drive and scanned it again, and the disc was completely clean and backed up.

So does this mean my original drive is failing on me?

I find it very unlikely that 3 different discs would all fail at the exact same point of analyzing the disc in DVDShrink. Maybe my DVD drive is just being a little particular. I have a spare drive, so I'll give that a shot and let you know how that goes.

Hi there, I managed to back up the disc on a different drive.The original drive showed a little portion of the disc to be damaged. So i put it into a different drive and scanned it again, and the disc was completely clean and backed up.

So does this mean my original drive is failing on me?

Yes, it does, especially if that drive is in the same computer as the drive that worked.

I find it very unlikely that 3 different discs would all fail at the exact same point of analyzing the disc in DVDShrink.

1. It's not unlikely at all. I know someone who exchanged 10 discs (of another movie) until he got a good working disc. Issues involving quality control are not uncommon.

2. Don't use Shrink to rip directly. Use Anydvd ripper first, and see if that makes a difference. Use this method: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3992

Maybe my DVD drive is just being a little particular.

It's possible. Until you start testing properly, you're never going to find out for sure.

Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. Select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is (probably) bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

Problem solved...it was my DVD drive. I used my wife's Imac and MactheRipper software with no problems.

Here is my drive information:

LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A 1L

No, your problem was still the software. I've had the same problem. On 2 different drives and I tried a new DVD drive, still get the error. You solved the problem using different software (on the Mac, too).

This problems popping up all over the place on the forums. I don't think that people's optical drives have suddenly begun failing this year.

Back