• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Hitachi LG 16NS55 shown as BH16NS40 Boot

Holler

Hello, i have the Problem that the LG ODD did flash my Optical Drive 16NS55 to a 16NS40 automaticly. Now the Drive dont come out when i press the Drivebutton to lay in a UHD Movie. I cannot downgrade the Firmware with alle the tools out there like Asus ODD M. or SDFtool Flasher all versions. What can i do? Recover my Drive did not work and flashing is impossible.

did flash my Optical Drive 16NS55 to a 16NS40 automaticly
Automatically? I didn't used the LG ODD, but normally you have to select a firmware.

Did you reboot your PC or at least disconnected and reconnected the drive?

Yes-The drive are flashed automaticly and now showed as NS40 but this is a 16NS55 (showed in MakeMKV beta as BH16NS40 Boot ).

Automatically? I don't think so. Most likely you had an old drive using the MT1939 chip and if flashed with the official LG flasher it is bricked now since that flasher just flashes assuming it's using a newer MT1959 chip. Most likely bricked or only can be saved via a Dosflash procdure.

Reboot and try it again. I have a "DE_LG_BH16NS55_1.02" and a "HL-DT-ST-BD-RE_BH16NS55-1.05-NM00400-212004211049" in my firmware folder. The DE is a downgrade enabled firmware, the second is a MK firmware inside the MK/HL-DT-ST folder.

Since you have MakeMKV installed, you don't neccessarily have to flash the MK firmware to test if AnyDVD can decrypt the disc. But I would say that you have to flash the DE firmware first. I had to fiddle as well to get back to my proper firmware when I once tried another, as nothing happend after I flashed it. It stayed the same. Eventually, it worked.

The Problem is that i have re-connectet the Drive from the Energy Supply to rescue it after the flashing and reboot but nothing happened. The Enclosure dont open when i press the open button/switch. That are 2 drives with the same problem. I dont have flashed something by myself. And now all the flashing tools are not working with this Problem. I figured out this : Guide for flashing UHD drives for AnyDVD | RedFox Forum but it didnt work for me. What can i do otherwise?

Attachments

• Wrong BH16NS40.JPG
    Wrong BH16NS40.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 5
Sorry but there a no more Information to see :)

Attachments

• ProblemDuale.jpg
    ProblemDuale.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 8
Please tell what you did -honestly. There is no automatic flashing of any kind. Start with the truth.

If- and if - the drives most likely can be saved with some DOS tools. You will have to be familiar with DOS and the command line.

Since the drives were most likely old ones and not UHD capable I suggest you invest in one that is. There are a couple of options. Pioneers are the best ones, a slim LG BU40 with an USB enclosure comes next and a full size LG as the cheapest choice. Let me know which route you want to take.

Sorry but i have posted the truth. The Drive is UHD capable and worked fine for a long time. I have installed toghether DVDFab and the LG ODD Firmware Software. Maybe there is perhaps the answer but i dont know. The Drive is round about 1 year old and worked fine before. DVDFab has a integrated Firmware downgrade tool and LG ODD was in autostart with Windows 10. Last Weekend all worked well and i have nothing changed since them but now the Drive are not reacting with the "Open" Button but is still in the "Device Manager" list with the wrong ID as NS40 and not NS55 what are the correct Model.

I have installed toghether DVDFab and the LG ODD Firmware Software.

Here is your problem. What LG ODD software?

Remove both softwares from the autostart and reboot. Maybe you have to use "Autoruns" from the Sysinternals Tools to see all entrys (run as admin).
Then try to use the flash tools again.

Here is your problem. What LG ODD software?

LGODDAutoFirmwareUpdate Software was installed. Now i have un-installed LG ODD and Windows has boot again but nothing changed. I dis- and re connected the SATA wire but nothing changed.

I have found the same Problem now in a German Forums. Can we rescue it or is it "brick" now with this Problem?
Source:
LG Blu-ray-Brenner noch zu retten? (nickles.de)
What is the DOS and the command line way?

Last edited:
Buddy- to have an auto updater installed was a very bad decision in the first place. NEVER do something like this ever again. Go searching in the Makemkv forum where you just posted. If you are not familiar with command line options, setting BIOS options other than ACPI etc. you will have a hard time and in the end there is no guarantee that you can save your drives. Otherwise - give it a try.

Back