• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

general question: Does HBOMax play Spanish-only with no subtitles?

filmgal

I'm wondering. I've been trying to get "Mano de Obra (Workforce)" and there are no English subtitle options. Figured I'd download anyway to see if they were embedded but they were not.

Just wondering if that's a thing, or if anystream somehow isn't accessing the subtitle files.

Technically, depends on the company that produces it...but for that particular show...it has an option to display Spanish or English Subs on the website.
You might want to upload a log file.

Here's the log. I've tried mutliple times to download that film in the last few days it always errors out. HBOMax has been wonky - half the time it doesn't load properly, but that's a different issue. One thing is for certain - no srt file gets downloaded because I'm not selecting subtitles as the only option is "Spanish (Latin America, descriptive).

Attachments

• Mano de Obra (Workforce).astlog
    4.3 MB · Views: 2
  • 20220922_214743.jpg
    20220922_214743.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 74
I had no issues with Mano de Obre in full 1080p. It downloaded fine and also downloaded the descriptive audio. If a sub title is not available to us you cannot select it, you are correct. As for HBOMax being " Wonky" please give me a better description so we can fix it for you. No one else has mentioned it and I have no issues at all with HBO Max. We cant fix Wonky unless you can give us a better explanation. ( with log files):)

Obre.gif

Last edited:
I had no issues with Mano de Obre in full 1080p. It downloaded fine and also downloaded the descriptive audio. If a sub title is not available to us you cannot select it, you are correct. As for HBOMax being " Wonky" please give me a better description so we can fix it for you. No one else has mentioned it and I have no issues at all with HBO Max. We cant fix Wonky unless you can give us a better explanation. ( with log files):)

View attachment 67528

Just to confirm, because I am a little confused. I went to the HBOMax site directly and the film is indeed available with English subtitles (see attached), as Jimc115 has stated above. Initially the word Spanish appears but when you click on it it turns to English. I played some of the file it to confirm and the English subtitles do indeed appear on the original website.

But within Anystream, there is no option for English subtitles, only Spanish Descriptive, and when you download the film it is not the case where the English subtitles are embedded.

That leads me to believe that there are indeed English subtitles, but that Anystream is not displaying them as an option.

upload_2022-9-23_10-33-46.png
20220922_214743-jpg.67515

That's exactly what I said, there are no English subtitles, I'll see what we can do to make them appear. Now lets go back to Wonky. You said it errored out, with Mano de Obre? I didn't get any errors at all. Yes, AnyStream is not accessing the English subtitle. Is that the whole issue here?

Last edited:
Thats exactly what I said, there are no English subtitles, I'll see what we can do to make them appear. Now lets go back to Wonky.
Sorry. I misunderstood. I thought you were saying that the film didn't have English subtitles at all so there was nothing anystream could do.
As for wonky, I'll wait and see. I just updated to the latest version yesterday and it isn't wonky anymore ;-)

As for wonky, I'll wait and see. I just updated to the latest version yesterday and it isn't wonky anymore ;-)
Thank you for clarifying that.;) I have spoken to the developers and we will see what we can do to add the English subtitles.(y)

Last edited:
Thank you for clarifying that.;) I have spoken to the developers and we will see what we can do to add the English subtitles.(y)
Oh that would be great. It expires in a few days (no pressure haha). It's not a huge deal. I saw it at the Toronto Film Fest and wanted to show a friend who had not seen it - it's one of those films that never plays anywhere. No biggie though. There are a gazillion other films to watch!

there is no english translation for this movie
00:00:40,014 --> 00:00:43,101
{\an1}-(upbeat music playing)
-(hammering)
00:00:52,485 --> 00:00:54,946
{\an8}(music continues)
00:01:02,996 --> 00:01:05,331
{\an8}(vacuum whirring)
00:01:17,385 --> 00:01:20,013
(hammering)
00:01:34,527 --> 00:01:35,862
{\an8}-(grunts)
-(heavy thud)

this was played from the browser and the translation of what I showed is playing the whole time of the film, but there is nothing they are saying

Well that is strange because when I went straight to HBOMax on the browser and logged in, I selected "English" subtitles, played the film and it was fine. Weird.

I could send you a translation, but there is nothing where they are talking, only what I posted

00:00:40,014 --> 00:00:43,101
{\an1}-(upbeat music playing)
-(hammering)
00:00:52,485 --> 00:00:54,946
{\an8}(music continues)
00:01:02,996 --> 00:01:05,331
{\an8}(vacuum whirring)
00:01:17,385 --> 00:01:20,013
(hammering)
00:01:34,527 --> 00:01:35,862
{\an8}-(grunts)
-(heavy thud)

this was played from the browser and the translation of what I showed is playing the whole time of the film, but there is nothing they are saying
I can’t help you without a logfile

Thank you redfox I don't need help because this is a translation like English, I think this movie doesn't have an English translation

Back