• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

nothing capped resolutions (360p)

Preston Robinson

I've noticed that some of the services will lower their resolution from 1080 to 360 randomly. What can you do to get higher resolutions when this happens?

Nothing. I've only ever seen that on Apple TV....what service is doing it?

Sometimes you get a lower resolution if the encryption for 1080p is currently not supported, but not down to 360p. Also, some content is only available in a specific resolution, even if AS could download 4k on that provider.

But without telling us the content you mean or even the provider(s) you are talking about, there is nothing we can do.

Sometimes you get a lower resolution if the encryption for 1080p is currently not supported, but not down to 360p. Also, some content is only available in a specific resolution, even if AS could download 4k on that provider.

But without telling us the content you mean or even the provider(s) you are talking about, there is nothing we can do.

Thanks! I’m In US. I noticed that on HULU, the Mike series only shows 360 where some other shows will show 1080. Also, there are a few shows on HBOMax and Netflix that used to show 1080 for previous shows I downloaded but now only show 360. Girlfriends, the industry, and sister sister are a few that I’m referring to.

Thanks! I’m In US. I noticed that on HULU, the Mike series only shows 360 where some other shows will show 1080. Also, there are a few shows on HBOMax and Netflix that used to show 1080 for previous shows I downloaded but now only show 360. Girlfriends, the industry, and sister sister are a few that I’m referring to.
I don't have Hulu or HBO, so there you have to wait for others to try it.
But I never got only 360p on NF or any other provider, Voyager and DS9 aside. And even when a provider had decryption errors, it still was SD (480p or 540p, not sure).
So the best thing would be if you upload a logfile from these things, then the devs can look if there are any issues with AS or not.

Open the episode or movie and go till the screen where you can select the resolution. Then close it and create a log.

I've noticed that some of the services will lower their resolution from 1080 to 360 randomly. What can you do to get higher resolutions when this happens?
Use the dropdown box and choose a higher resolution, welcome to our forum, I see you are new to us. It would be prudent to read some posts and learn how to use the program before posting that the resolution is capped at 360p, There is no resolution in the providers that we offer that are capped at 360p. None.

Use the dropdown box and choose a higher resolution, welcome to our forum, I see you are new to us. It would be prudent to read some posts and learn how to use the program before posting that the resolution is capped at 360p, There is no resolution in the providers that we offer that are capped at 360p. None.
Well, I looked at the Sister Sister and Girlfriends in Netflix. They are not 360, but they aren't 720 either. Look like a backward PAL Screen Shot 22-09-23 at 11.15 AM.PNG Screen Shot 22-09-23 at 11.16 AM.PNG

Yep, thats one out of a thousand, we will look into that. I said there are no files at 360p. If you find any other please feel free to post them with a logfile.;) If you watch Sister Sister on the Netflix website it is in 480p with Black bars on the side. It was later after it was canceled in 1998 reproduced in Bluray. I never said they were all in 720p I said nothing is capped at 360p.;)

Last edited:
Yep, thats one out of a thousand, we will look into that. I said there are no files at 360p. If you find any other please feel free to post them with a logfile.;) If you watch Sister Sister on the Netflix website it is in 480p with Black bars on the side. It was later after it was canceled in 1998 reproduced in Bluray. I never said they were all in 720p I said nothing is capped at 360p.;)

Several older series are available only at lower resolutions and for good reason -- their available video quality makes it wasteful to offer higher resolutions that frankly add nothing to picture quality. Some of Amazon's third-party channel providers are offering TV series that were digitized from videotapes (or worse -- film bicycled between TV stations decades ago) stored in network or studio libraries, often used for syndication. Many are not restored at all and give the viewer a lot of video artifacts and quality that resembles a VHS videotape. Heck, Amazon even sells made-on-demand DVDs of older series that come from very poor second or third-generation master tapes that look and sound horrible. No sense in offering Bluray versions of that either.

I also notice Hulu delivers some pretty stunning small file sizes for cartoon series that evidently compress well. They look great, but are much smaller than one might expect.

Unlike CSI where one can say "Enhance!" and clear up fuzzy faces and license plates, in the real world, garbage in = garbage out, and you can't get additional video or audio material that was not a part of the original.

My point was actually that there is nothing capped at 360p, there are however many at 720P and some a bit lower. I would say that over 99% of our providers are available at 720p and most at 1080p, there are however a few others that are not. Disney is capped at 720p.

Back