• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion Windows 11 22H2 Update released

Uhm ... the first article contains 4 subjects, all are available in W10 also with just some performance degradation...

That's nice. Did you read the part about the fact that almost no one bothers to turn them on and that they are not on by default? And the second article describes all the new features that windows 10 does NOT have.

That's nice. Did you read the part about the fact that almost no one bothers to turn them on and that they are not on by default? And the second article describes all the new features that windows 10 does NOT have.
Your points taken, Sam. However, most of the times the biggest problem is located between the keyboard and the screen. There is no 100% protection from users doing stupid things or opening attachments they shouldn't. This is clearly a subject for business computers where you have a lot of people that are not so much into these things and potential risks. I would switch immediately to Win 11 if I wouldn't have to deal with all these usability issues that I just hate. Therefore I will try to switch one PC to Win 11 first and have it work very similar to Win 10 for me. Taskbar starting on the left, Open shell and some more tweaks. It's just a hazzle and time consuming.

Did I make any suggestion of Windows 11 being flawless security and impenetrable? I did not. I said it's more secure than Windows 10 and backed up my claim with evidence. And I stand by it. I'm one of the few people who enabled all the security options in Windows 10 when I was running it. I still run it for work and have all of them enabled there, as well. But the simple fact is that Windows 10, even with all those options enabled, is not as secure as Windows 11. That's why MS decided to write it after saying Windows 10 was going to be the last Windows version, perpetually updated. It's not just about "business computers", however. There's a very real risk for home users of all kinds of very nasty stuff happening....a lot of it undetectable. In any case, my claim about Windows security isn't just an opinion. It's exactly what MS themselves have said about it as have others who've evaluated it.

Your points taken, Sam. However, most of the times the biggest problem is located between the keyboard and the screen. There is no 100% protection from users doing stupid things or opening attachments they shouldn't. This is clearly a subject for business computers where you have a lot of people that are not so much into these things and potential risks. I would switch immediately to Win 11 if I wouldn't have to deal with all these usability issues that I just hate. Therefore I will try to switch one PC to Win 11 first and have it work very similar to Win 10 for me. Taskbar starting on the left, Open shell and some more tweaks. It's just a hazzle and time consuming.
My biggest pet peeve with Windows 11 is that they REMOVED capabilities that have existed since Windows XP... like turning any Folder into a Toolbar. It's more productive to work off my Taskbar and not the Start Menu.

I haven't checked yet, but perhaps that feature was restored.

upload_2022-9-22_12-57-16.png

Right now, I just run it in a VM so I can fire it up for familiarization and to run comparison tests.

ThioJoe and Chris Titus Tech just released some videos on the 22H2 release for those incapable of testing it out on their own.
Code:
Windows 11 Major Update 2022 - Best New Features! (22H2)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTN_zfXss9g
Code:
Should you switch from Windows 10 to Windows 11
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBrh-9BdGVQ
Code:
Cutting Windows Processes in HALF
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U76ZRIzBhOA

You can have all the security you want ... on by default, whatever...
If a user decides to "accept all", none of the security measures will protect the system.
Only way around it is to install the OS, cut the internet and never go online again or put new data on it
If people like Windows 11, fine with me... I even support them if they have trouble. But for my own system I stick with 10.

That's why MS decided to write it after saying Windows 10 was going to be the last Windows version, perpetually updated.
I'm sorry but that's just gulping MS' marketing.
While it's true that Windows 11 is more secure by default than Windows 10, there was no need for a different OS version to enable that. Ever since the start of the Windows Hardware Compatibility programme, with each release Microsoft has added new requirements for OEMs to certify their hardware for Windows. This has happened even with different Windows 10 releases. MS could have just added the new Windows 11 requirements to another Windows 10 Feature Update and it would have had the exact same effect, as when people get a new computer they often get a new Windows version with it, and that Windows that comes fresh with a new computer can have the required features enabled by default if MS wants so.
For the other customers that would have updated their previous Windows 10, they (Edit: by 'they', I meant Microsoft here, sorry if that wasn't clear) could have just enabled the new security features with update blocks for software that wasn't compatible, like they've been doing with every new Windows 10 version (heck, they even did that with Windows 8.1 which was just released as an update for Windows 8, but added new hardware requirements that made some CPUs obsolete).
The "we absolutely needed a whole new number to enable those features" is rubbish, there's no technical basis that supports it. They just wanted a shiny new number for their marketing and to make those users with old, but still very capable, hardware feel that they needed to buy new stuff or they would be stuck on the old OS.

Last edited:
I am definitely amused at all the arguments. Honestly? I couldn't give a damn what any of you do with your machines. The fact remains Windows 11 is more secure, it's a FREE update, and if you choose to stay on an older version of Windows, have at it. There's still people running XP, 7, 8, etc. Anyway, to each their own. Enjoy.

Yeah. Some inside guy even posted that the software base for Win 10 and Win 11 is the same but they don't flip the switch, e.g. for thread director to take full advantage of Intel E and P cores on Alder lake CPUs.

You must be paranoid or just love Linux.
I am both, paranoid and I do love linux. If you are a beginner you can also use "Tails". also Linux. We have a saying " Better safe than sorry".

OK. Had never issues with Windows but I was always very precautious. And I'm still.

New Windows 11 version updates (22H2) once every 6 months. This has moved to once per year.
Instead, new features will be released when they are ready.
They are calling them Windows 11 Moments.

Edition Windows 11 Pro
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎9/‎20/‎2022
OS build 22621.674
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22634.1000.0

Windows 11 Fall update released via Windows update today

Edition Windows 11 Pro
Version 22H2
OS build 22621.675

Windows 11 Fall update released via Windows update today

Edition Windows 11 Pro
Version 22H2
OS build 22621.675

I read it was released today but the article was unclear whether it was a download or came via windows update. Did you happen to see?

I read it was released today but the article was unclear whether it was a download or came via windows update. Did you happen to see?
I just updated it via Windows update.

Back