• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Why can i watch Transformers But not Evan Almighty?

mickemus66

i have an home built htpc, with hdcp video card and hdcp display with cyberlink up to date, i can watch transformers with no problem but not evan almighty, they have different encoding?
WOW is the transformers in high def amazing or what???:)

does it just fail to play when it gets to the film, or not at all? eg no menu's etc.

i have an home built htpc, with hdcp video card and hdcp display with cyberlink up to date, i can watch transformers with no problem but not evan almighty, they have different encoding?

I would say the issue is with PowerDVD. Perhaps it is the same thing like with the spiderman movies theyy don't play either.
I contacted the support of Cyberlink and they say wait for the next update...

Yes its just for watching, i know for ripping it doesnt work just wanna watch the movie... and for the movie evan almighty i dont even get any menu or nothing at all,
as someone said it must be an cyberlink issue, i just have to wait to next patch or update, thanks everybody for ur help and info

Yes, yes it is. :) Just got my copy from Amazon last night and watched it on my 50" LCoS tv. Truly impressive. I took the kids to see it in our new all digital theater with stadium seating this summer and they loved it. Looks just as good on HD DVD.

As for your playback problem, this is another one with web enabled content, SOOO, try the following:

1) Close PowerDVD
2) Disable the network connection
3) Reopen PowerDVD

Give that a try and see if that works for you. No guarantees.

i will try that when i get home later today to try watching evan almighty.
when you started to watch transformers and and cyberlink started did it ask you to web enable or something? mine got stuck at that point and i just cancelled and the movie started....
im just curious???

I didn't watch it on PowerDVD, but, that's an issue I've seen before where the web content hangs in PowerDVD. Disabling the network sometimes gets past that problem and lets you to continue to the movie.

yes it works, i just disabled the network connection and it started, many thanks to everybody.

I can't find network connection?

I'm new at this anydvd/cyberlink thing. So, I have no idea what network connection I should turn off? Is it in the cyberlink? Can you tell me the exact location of the network connection that I should turn off/disable? Thank's

I'm new at this anydvd/cyberlink thing. So, I have no idea what network connection I should turn off? Is it in the cyberlink? Can you tell me the exact location of the network connection that I should turn off/disable? Thank's

The one on your computer. :)

I did disabled the Local Area Connection on my computer. It Still not working? Did I miss something else? The only thing left is my dial up connection. Should I delete as well?

So it is not possible to even watch transformers using the xbox 360 drive and my computer? I disable network, shut down anydvd and still can not get movie to even start using powerdvd.

Yes it is, i have the xbox360 to my htpc that i built and it works, your dial up connection or local area connection has to be disabled (dont delete it) then also disable the any hddvd too,then start your powerdvd.
But since you disabled any hddvd you must have an hdcp compliant video card and an compliant plasma or lcd.so maybe your video card or monitor isnt hdpc compliant???
i hope this will help you alittle

I am running a 7600GT hooked to tv via a HDMI cable. When I start powerdvd and click play it just locks up.

Does your videocard and plasma/lcd support hdcp???Thats very important now whe you just wanna watch the movie with any hddvd turned off. and as said in previous posts turn off your network connection.Normally when any hdvd is working and can decode the movies you dont need to have hdcp videocard or hdcp lcd/plasma to view becuse any hddvd takes care of that( if i understand it right)
also make sure you have the latest patch for cyberlink powerdvd.
Im using and dvi to hdmi cable from my 7900gtx video card to my 50"plasma with the xbox360 hddvd player and it works great with help from people here.
i hope this will you help you guys alittle

Back