• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

v8 much slower ripping than v7

sjtaylor84

Hi,
I've just moved to v8 from v7 and now getting about half to a third of the ripping speed from blurays. Is there anything I can try to fix this? Thanks!

You need to be more specific.
Which versions do you mean? Which titles? And what drive do you use?
How much MB is it slower? Did you try one disc with both versions, to ensure it is not the disc?
Is the drive connected to an USB 3.0 Port, do you rip to Harddrive or SSD?

Apologies, I was on v7.6.9.5 now on 8.6.2.0
Drive is an internal LG WH16NS60 - Depending on the title I was getting between 20-30 MB/s on v7, now getting around 8 MB/s
I've tried ripping to a USB 3 extenal hard drive as well as an internal HDD (both not SSD) and the rip speed difference affects both.

Titles are latest Back to the future trilogy and Avengers Infinity War, both 1080p blurays

Thanks for clarifying.
Try if 8.6.2.3 does anything.

20-30 MB/s on v7, now getting around 8 MB/s
That is defenetly a big difference. Is any of the speed control settings active inside AnyDVD?
I can get up to 35 MB/s, but it is not a fixed value. For example, my current disc is now at 20 MB and was at 19 a few seconds ago. It is getting faster bit by bit (literally lol).

Can you downgrade to 7.6.9.5 and see if it works as before? It is the last SlySoft version, if you don't have it anymore you can download it here:
https://www.redfox.bz/download/SetupAnyDVD7695.exe
And when did you install the new version? Today? Because if yes, and you did not restart in the meantime, please to so. There are many updates in between that could cause issues.

Thanks, unfortunately no improvement with 8.6.2.3. - yes I installed today but have restarted. If it's any clue on v7 it would be slow for about 10 seconds and the sudden rev up to faster speed but nothing like that happens now.

Thanks, unfortunately no improvement with 8.6.2.3. - yes I installed today but have restarted. If it's any clue on v7 it would be slow for about 10 seconds and the sudden rev up to faster speed but nothing like that happens now.
Ok, that was my only idea there. I always use the most current version and never noticed something like this, unless it is an old DVD, that is slow because of it's design (writespeed, bitrate whatever I want to say).
So you have to wait if another user has another idea.

You could try to flash a different firmware, but I am not sure if that applys here as it happend after updating AnyDVD, not the drive.

Does the log tell you anything about the ripping speed? It should not, since it only analyses the protection or am I wrong?
No, but it contains system information, like drive connection & drivers used.

I hope I've uploaded this correctly, I tried another Bluray, this time No Time To Die, which again ripped at slow speed. Thanks :)

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.6.2.3_Info_D_NO_TIME_TO_DIE_3D64CEE1_C2AE858E.ziplog
    377.5 KB · Views: 5
I hope I've uploaded this correctly, I tried another Bluray, this time No Time To Die, which again ripped at slow speed. Thanks :)
Can you try to to uninstall MakeMKV, Power off & on the PC (!!!), try again with AnyDVD? Any speed difference?

Can you try to to uninstall MakeMKV, Power off & on the PC (!!!), try again with AnyDVD? Any speed difference?
Hi, unfortunately uninstalling makemkv and restarting hasn't made any difference.

Hi, unfortunately uninstalling makemkv and restarting hasn't made any difference.
I am clueless.
You could try to update your Intel Rapidstore driver, it is quite old. Or even better, remove it completely, if you don't need it for RAID. Same for PxHlpa64, do you need this filter for anything?

Last edited:
Just as a test...

Can you try to make an image with imgburn with anydvd disabled? The image won't likely be usable depending on the disc you choose to test with but that's not the point of the test. Just want to see if the ripping speed is slow or not.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Just as a test...

Can you try to make an image with imgburn with anydvd disabled? The image won't likely be usable depending on the disc you choose to test with but that's not the point of the test. Just want to see if the ripping speed is slow or not.
Good idea! And repeat the test *with* AnyDVD enabled. Any difference?

Good idea! And repeat the test *with* AnyDVD enabled. Any difference?
Hi there, I've tried imgburn and it rips around twice as fast as AnyDVD, with or without it being enabled. Oh and I'm always ripping to ISO. Thanks

I am clueless.
You could try to update your Intel Rapidstore driver, it is quite old. Or even better, remove it completely, if you don't need it for RAID. Same for PxHlpa64, do you need this filter for anything?
Hi, I'm afraid I don't know what PxHlpa64 is. I can't find PxHlpa64 or rapidstore under "remove programs" though, how would I remove them please?

Back