• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Flawless 1080p BD Playback with VLC Player??

The link for the latest version of libaacs is at contained within that page. For the sake of clarity, I'll add it here as well: Link

When you click on this link, you will be able to download a file named '2020-07-26_libaacs_libbdplus.7z' . You do not choose between 32 or 64 bit versions at this stage. Both 32 bit and 64 bit are contained within '2020-07-26_libaacs_libbdplus.7z'
View attachment 67401
After you have downloaded '2020-07-26_libaacs_libbdplus.7z', go to your downloads folder and right click on '2020-07-26_libaacs_libbdplus.7z'. You should have an option provided by 7-zip, WinRAR or another archive tool to extract the files contained in '2020-07-26_libaacs_libbdplus.7z'
View attachment 67402

After you have clicked 'Extract...',
I can't find any extracting app, not even when I click Open With.

Attachments

• Shot 6.png
    Shot 6.png
    104.9 KB · Views: 8
I can't find any extracting app, not even when I click Open With.
I mentioned that the option to extract the 7z file is provided by an archive tool such as 7-zip or WinRAR. You don't seem to have one of these archiving tools, so you'll need to install one. 7-zip is free and available here . The latest version (22.01) works well. You should get first option ('.exe' / '64-bit Windows x64')

Installed 7-zip. Must stop for now. Thanks.

7-zip is free and available here . The latest version (22.01) works well. You should get first option ('.exe' / '64-bit Windows x64')
7-zip gives the options Extract files, Extract here, Extract to '2020-07-26_libaacs_libbdplus' Which?

7-zip gives the options Extract files, Extract here, Extract to '2020-07-26_libaacs_libbdplus' Which?
Extract here Then you will see a folder named 2020-07-26_libaacs_libbdplus. Open that folder and open Win64 folder. Then copy the 4 dll files and paste them in the VLC directory.

Attachments

• Win 64.jpg
    Win 64.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 10
  • Win 64   1.jpg
    Win 64 1.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 10
Extract here Then you will see a folder named 2020-07-26_libaacs_libbdplus. Open that folder and open Win64 folder. Then copy the 4 dll files and paste them in the VLC directory.
When I clicked Extract Here, copied those four files and tried to paste them into the VLC directory Explorer asked if I wanted to replace libaacs.dll. I didn't do that. What to do?

However, I then skipped over that choice and to my surprise the next thing Explorer said was that I needed admin permission to install a program. Program? Wasn't I just trying to paste four files? But when I went back to the download folder I found what looked like an app called accsinfo. I see you have it too in your screenshot. Is that some hidden file that gets linked to those four .dll files? See my screenshot.

So what to do?

Attachments

• Shot7.png
    Shot7.png
    52.2 KB · Views: 7
... AnyDVD installed and no fumbling. This is one unique feature of AnyDVD and it works even with PowerDVD.

... AnyDVD installed and no fumbling. This is one unique feature of AnyDVD and it works even with PowerDVD.
Getting VLC to play BD movies is more like a science project than trying to save on software costs, though speaking of which after buying Office 2019 Pro Plus on ebay and getting no key code, it would feel good to get something for free for a change. I emailed that crook 3x asking for a refund or the 25 character code-which is no where to be found outside or inside of the DVD box-but never got a reply. And ebay gave me no Buyer Protection refund or did anything for me because I was a week beyond the 30 day return window. Then I wasted hours trying to get different parts of Microsoft to sell me a license, though I finally found a local authorized service company who will.

In any case, I may still need Any Stream because there's at least two movies on Amazon Prime that I want which I can't find on BD or DVD.

I didn't do that. What to do?
You should have replaced the existing libaacs.dll file. I did say copy all four DLL files.

Explorer said was that I needed admin permission to install a program
Are you sure it wasn't asking for administrator access to facilitate copying the new files to your 'Program Files' / 'Program Files (x86)' directory? Writing to these directories is usually limited by Windows, so the administrator prompt isn't unusual. A screenshot would be a great help to confirm the nature of the prompt from Windows.

But when I went back to the download folder I found what looked like an app called accsinfo. I see you have it too in your screenshot. Is that some hidden file that gets linked to those four .dll files? See my screenshot.
aacs_info is a utility program that is provided by the libaacs software package. aacs_info uses libaacs to show certain information about discs. It isn't a hidden file, as it is very much visible for all of us. VLC doesn't use aacs_info to play commercial Blu-ray discs, which is why I didn't tell you to copy it to the VLC folder.

You should have replaced the existing libaacs.dll file. I did say copy all four DLL files.

Are you sure it wasn't asking for administrator access to facilitate copying the new files to your 'Program Files' / 'Program Files (x86)' directory? Writing to these directories is usually limited by Windows, so the administrator prompt isn't unusual. A screenshot would be a great help to confirm the nature of the prompt from Windows.

aacs_info is a utility program that is provided by the libaacs software package. aacs_info uses libaacs to show certain information about discs. It isn't a hidden file, as it is very much visible for all of us. VLC doesn't use aacs_info to play commercial Blu-ray discs, which is why I didn't tell you to copy it to the VLC folder.
Okay, but:

1.) Should I replace the extant libaacs.dll with the new one?
2.) And just click Continue to enable Admin Rights to paste the rest?

Tried playing http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film6/blu-ray_reviews_77/duel_in_the_sun_blu-ray.htm which is the Kino Region A BD that I purchased here in New York. But VLC said "This disc is intended for playback in Region A only".
Ok, it sounds like you can now get past AACS.

It seems that VLC may currently be set to use either region B or C for Blu-ray discs. Here is how you can change it:

Open VLC
1.PNG

Click 'Tools' along the top menu, and go down to 'Preferences'
2.PNG

The default 'Simple' view doesn't seem to have the required Blu-ray options, so in the bottom left you'll need to change 'Simple' to 'All'
3.PNG
4.PNG

Within the section titled 'Input / Codecs' on the left-hand side open the 'Access Modules' section, and then click on 'Blu-ray'. You should now see the menu shown below. If you don't see this section, make sure you have expanded the 'Access Modules' section rather than just clicking on the 'Access Modules' section.

7.PNG

Change the 'Region code' entry to match your disc (so you'll change it to 'Region A') and click 'Save' in the bottom right corner

Getting VLC to play BD movies is more like a science project than trying to save on software costs, though speaking of which after buying Office 2019 Pro Plus on ebay and getting no key code, it would feel good to get something for free for a change. I emailed that crook 3x asking for a refund or the 25 character code-which is no where to be found outside or inside of the DVD box-but never got a reply. And ebay gave me no Buyer Protection refund or did anything for me because I was a week beyond the 30 day return window. Then I wasted hours trying to get different parts of Microsoft to sell me a license, though I finally found a local authorized service company who will.

In any case, I may still need Any Stream because there's at least two movies on Amazon Prime that I want which I can't find on BD or DVD.
How come you waited more then 30 days? As soon as you saw there was no key why didn't you ask for your money back? People sell games online where the keys are already activated so you can't use the game.

I have Power DVD 17 and 3 versions of Nero plus one version of Nero that came with a DVD burner. I still like some of the free software better.

Last edited:
So what did you pay? I mean, it wouldn't be much more than 5 bucks, right? That's what I pay for an Office key.
I'd classify it as "learning", remember to never buy from him again and move on to the next seller

So what did you pay? I mean, it wouldn't be much more than 5 bucks, right? That's what I pay for an Office key.
I'd classify it as "learning", remember to never buy from him again and move on to the next seller
Where do you buy your Office keys at? The Office I have is no longer supported.

Back