• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AP: Your “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (Theatrical)” rental expires soon.

The Roadie

Maybe this is meaningless, but I rented this via a browser. then downloaded via AnyStream. It's as if AP failed to begin the rental 48 hour period triggered by the AS "viewing".

Don't remember this behavior before. Not sure a log would help, since the download was weeks in the past.

New behavior or old that I didn't notice? Thx.

This already changed many updates before, but I cannot tell the exact version. For that, I would need to check my list to figure out that point.
But it is valid. AS does not trigger (or Amz cannot recognize) the movie or episode being watched anymore.

But it knows I've paid the rental fee. Interesting. What I was worried about is if AP keep track of unviewed paid rentals and gets curious if there's an increase.

I doubt they care. Pretty sure they're more of the type "you paid for it but didn't watch it within your time period? Your loss, free money for us!"

What I was worried about is if AP keep track of unviewed paid rentals and gets curious if there's an increase.
I too already thought of that, but Ch3vr0n has a good point there. They will defenetly see it, should it increase, and my POV is that they also know of AS, but they are a company after all, looking for money.

I too already thought of that, but Ch3vr0n has a good point there. They will defenetly see it, should it increase, and my POV is that they also know of AS, but they are a company after all, looking for money.
Indeed. They lose no money from downstream rentals, since I'd be unlikely to rent it again.

I doubt they care. Pretty sure they're more of the type "you paid for it but didn't watch it within your time period? Your loss, free money for us!"
Disney has that movie for free but in 1280x720, DD+ audio though.

Back