• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Super weird experience downloading from Prime

Greg Alex

If you have US Prime account, check out show called Bones. You don't need a sub, it's available with Freevee. Now stream the very first episode, S1 E1 (Pilot), skip to 10:55 mark of the video, you'll hear the song playing in the background Collide by Howie Day (which was actually very popular back in the day)

Now download the same episode, and skip to the same 10:55 mark of the download, and the song is completely different. In fact, a woman is singing, completely different tune.

When I heard it, I thought maybe my memory failed me, so i went back to watch the episode and yep, the song is different.

How come AS is not downloading the original?

I already suspected the issue when seeing that there is both english and spanish audio available, and I was right:
When downloading the en audio, I can also hear a woman singin, by using Shazam I could see that it is Broken Bridge by Daughter Darling:
Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNo34VyBQSA
But when I downloaded the spanish audio, there was a guy singing with Shazam telling me it is Collide by Howie Day.

But I cannot tell how you can miss that. Yes, you might've missed it at the download configuration window, but when you watch the episode you will notice that it is spanish audio instead of english.

I downloaded Bones S1E1 on 8-22-2022....

Both the file and playing the episode via Firefox play Collide..... but..... On my Roku TV the AP app plays Broken Bridge by Daughter Darling...... verified using the Google song search....
And even funnier..... Pausing the show in the TV app shows Collide as the music playing....

"you are now entering the Twilight Zone...."

I already suspected the issue when seeing that there is both english and spanish audio available, and I was right:
When downloading the en audio, I can also hear a woman singin, by using Shazam I could see that it is Broken Bridge by Daughter Darling:
Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNo34VyBQSA
But when I downloaded the spanish audio, there was a guy singing with Shazam telling me it is Collide by Howie Day.

But I cannot tell how you can miss that. Yes, you might've missed it at the download configuration window, but when you watch the episode you will notice that it is spanish audio instead of english.
i can confirm that I downloaded with English audio instead of Spanish, i don't know if that would have made a difference. But i just streamed the same episode online again, switching between English and Spanish tracks, and BOTH feature the song Collide. I only hear the woman singing with the download.

i can confirm that I downloaded with English audio instead of Spanish, i don't know if that would have made a difference. But i just streamed the same episode online again, switching between English and Spanish tracks, and BOTH feature the song Collide. I only hear the woman singing with the download.
Then there are multiple version available, or it depends on the quality you download. I got 640 for en and 224 for spanish, both the highest option for each language. So if you download 128 etc for english, you might get another track with another song in it.

I downloaded Bones S1E1 on 8-22-2022....

Both the file and playing the episode via Firefox play Collide..... but..... On my Roku TV the AP app plays Broken Bridge by Daughter Darling...... verified using the Google song search....
And even funnier..... Pausing the show in the TV app shows Collide as the music playing....

"you are now entering the Twilight Zone...."
interesting....so back when you downloaded this on 8-22 you got the correct audio with Collide playing as it's supposed to?

Then there are multiple version available, or it depends on the quality you download. I got 640 for en and 224 for spanish, both the highest option for each language. So if you download 128 etc for english, you might get another track with another song in it.
maybe, but i'd rather not downgrade on the audio even though the song is incorrect, i just thought it was very odd, and it's the first time I noticed something like this

I don't say you should downgrade the audio, it's only to figure out if the other tracks maybe have another song in them.
yes, I know. I meant to say that even if that was the case, that solution would not work for me in the end anyway since it would mean that it's a step down on the audio quality.

For the record though, I always stream content at the "best" quality setting. I always assume that it also applies to the audio as well. Meaning that if it's streaming the correct song in the browser i don't think that it's feeding me a lower setting. I'm also able to verify that on my firestick as well.

AS does not change the .mp4 files, we download what is there, maybe they are having an issue with that one film.

I think they may have fixed it. I can't notice a change.:(

This. Same sort of thing happens in D+ from time to time; e.g. in the Canadian French version of Pocahontas II, the songs are in French in the 2.0 stereo version but in English in the 5.1 version; in the French version of The Black Cauldron, the 2.0 stereo version is the original French dub and the 5.1 version is the French redub...

yes, I know. I meant to say that even if that was the case, that solution would not work for me in the end anyway since it would mean that it's a step down on the audio quality.

For the record though, I always stream content at the "best" quality setting. I always assume that it also applies to the audio as well. Meaning that if it's streaming the correct song in the browser i don't think that it's feeding me a lower setting. I'm also able to verify that on my firestick as well.

BEST QUALITY doesn't mean they are going to stream you the best quality...it means it will try streaming you the BEST for the DEVICE you are using.
If you are on a 720p monitor with speakers...BEST is going to be 720p and stereo audio...if you have a 6 channel speaker system connected to your computer...you may get 6 channel audio.

So..I'm guessing you are getting the stereo track when playing but you downloaded the 6 channel track.

As for why the different track...MUSIC RIGHTS. It's completely possible they had rights to the original on SD (DVD) but not HD.....also, many countries don't have to abide by music rights and can use the original without extra payment...this was one of the reasons Malcolm in the Middle was released on DVD in the UK long before the US.

Last edited:
As for why the different track...MUSIC RIGHTS
Copyright and license ownership is good and all that, but not if it destroyes the fun of viewing it/ they then go and change stuff or don't even release it in our region just because of these stupid rights.
Fine, then I have to pay 10€ instead of 3€ for this title, or it is not included in Prime, so I have to pay extra. But to not release it at all? That is the problem. I wouldn't even consider in going to a suspicious site and downloading it there when they have it on Disc or on a proper, official provider.
But I think I already made a comment about this topic elsewhere.

Copyright and license ownership is good and all that, but not if it destroyes the fun of viewing it/ they then go and change stuff or don't even release it in our region just because of these stupid rights.
Fine, then I have to pay 10€ instead of 3€ for this title, or it is not included in Prime, so I have to pay extra. But to not release it at all? That is the problem. I wouldn't even consider in going to a suspicious site and downloading it there when they have it on Disc or on a proper, official provider.
But I think I already made a comment about this topic elsewhere.

I buy quite a few from Amazon UK. A lot of times they are region free and less expensive...of course, I have to wait longer to get it.
I still have the Malcolm in the Middle Complete set from Amazon UK...released by FOX with the original music. Not even opened.

Most contracts in the last probably decade or so now include provisions for discs and streaming so it's not really an issue. It's also made it easier to negotiate
older releases now. I think the latest one I saw was Dawson's Creek. It's now available with all of the original music.

I buy quite a few from Amazon UK. A lot of times they are region free and less expensive...of course, I have to wait longer to get it.
I still have the Malcolm in the Middle Complete set from Amazon UK...released by FOX with the original music. Not even opened.

Most contracts in the last probably decade or so now include provisions for discs and streaming so it's not really an issue. It's also made it easier to negotiate
older releases now. I think the latest one I saw was Dawson's Creek. It's now available with all of the original music.
Never watched Dawson's Creek or Malcolm in the Middle!!!(n)(n)

That is a great series.:)
It's amazing that actor Bryan Cranston went from that show to "Breaking Bad," very similar to what the late actor Larry Hagman did when he went from "I Dream Of Jeannie" to "Dallas."

2 examples of actors that are talented enough to go from playing a sympathetic character to playing a wicked and vile character.

It's amazing that actor Bryan Cranston went from that show to "Breaking Bad," very similar to what the late actor Larry Hagman did when he went from "I Dream Of Jeannie" to "Dallas."

2 examples of actors that are talented enough to go from playing a sympathetic character to playing a wicked and vile character.
I have seen a few episodes of Breaking Bad. I Dream of Jeanie is funny and Dallas was a very popular show all over the world . I remember an older comedy movie with Larry Hagman and some other stars in it called The Big Bus. I don't think you can stream it right now; I thought that movie was hilarious.

Last edited:
Back