• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Star Trek- The Next Generation, Paramount+ via Amazon Prime

Maverick_83

Star Trek- The Next Generation seasons 2 thru 7 have maximum download video resolution of 720/768 x 576. Season 1 has maximum resolution of 1920x1080 All seasons should be 1920x1080. This is only when accessing paramount+ content through Amazon Prime. On the paramount+ only tab, the resolution for all seasons is 1920x1080.

Star Trek- The Next Generation seasons 2 thru 7 have maximum download video resolution of 720/768 x 576. Season 1 has maximum resolution of 1920x1080 All seasons should be 1920x1080. This is only when accessing paramount+ content through Amazon Prime. On the paramount+ only tab, the resolution for all seasons is 1920x1080.
A log file from any episode could (might!) help the developers with your issue.

Here's a logfile from s3 ep 1 at maximum resolution that I can get downloading from the Paramount + channel. I confirm that 1080p is missing from at least season 3 based on the other episodes I checked.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.4.1.0.astlog
    700.6 KB · Views: 2
seasons 2 thru 7 have maximum download video resolution of 720/768 x 576
That is a very weird thing. When it was on NF, all seasons of TOS, TNG and TAS (Animated) where available at 1440x1080.
And since it is available in that resolution (they remastered it), there is no real reason why they should make only this resolution available.
Especially since it is on Amz. Usually Prime has the higher quality video. Maybe P+ wants to keep the good stuff for themselfs in that case. But when you only have the channel and no tool like AS, how should one supposed to know that it is available on P+ with better quality than Amz?

Maybe P+ wants to keep the good stuff for themselfs in that case. But when you only have the channel and no tool like AS, how should one supposed to know that it is available on P+ with better quality than Amz?
Good thought. Either way. I can't test it because I have the actual Paramount+ website, not from Amazon. I get 1080p from Paramount+ as it should. Cancel your Amazon subscription and get a real Paramount+ subscription and the issue is solved. We only download what is offered.

I can't test it because I have the actual Paramount+ website, not from Amazon.
Should we get the channel in germany as well, then I will of course get it and should I notice anything, I will report it.
Of course this then only counts for Amz germany, if OP is in another region then I might get completely different results.

I decided to ask a friend of mine who works in the Prime Video dept to look behind the scenes to see if it's a Any Stream issue or if what redfox said is true. His reply after looking behind the scenes is: "I see that 3 has some black bar cropping applied to the left and right. But the full resolution is 1920x1080. so after cropping it should still be like 1500x1080." This was asking about s1 ep 3 (title Code of Honor) so it's an Any Stream issue for the episodes not having 1080p.

Last edited:
has some black bar cropping applied to the left and right. But the full resolution is 1920x1080. so after cropping it should still be like 1500x1080
That is true, the full resolution for these titles (because they are 4:3) is 1440x1080.
On NF, all episodes had this resolution.

I decided to ask a friend of mine who works in the Prime Video dept to look behind the scenes to see if it's a Any Stream issue or if what redfox said is true. His reply after looking behind the scenes is: "I see that 3 has some black bar cropping applied to the left and right. But the full resolution is 1920x1080. so after cropping it should still be like 1500x1080." This was asking about s1 ep 3 (title Code of Honor) so it's an Any Stream issue for the episodes not having 1080p.
Nope.;)

There was only ONE remaster for the entire planet. The discs are region free and ONLY distributed by Paramount.
Paramount doesn't share ANYTHING Star Trek and will sue anyone that tampers or even comes close to violating its
copyright. The resolution is 1440x1080....side bars added to bring it to Blu-Ray disc standards of 1920x1080. If it's
wider than 1440...it's been stretched.

BBC America Broadcasts the episodes with a partial zoom resulting in the black bars on each side being about half the size
but you are losing picture on the top and bottom. If these were captured, you would have a wider picture, but not the true
Master. Aesthetically, they are more easy to watch but the cropping is noticeable in pretty much every episode.
It's also worth noting that the censors in the UK have also clipped scenes considered as not family friendly....

FWIW, I pulled the entire series down via AS before it left free-to-Prime and went P+ only. All were correctly 1440x1080 (note I converted to HEVC for space reasons but did not mess with the video dimensions).

Attachments

• sttng.jpg
    sttng.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 15
Star Trek TNG.jpg
Possible, but not significant. They just haven't cropped the black bars (or added them if the source material comes without them), that's all.
It is in 16:9 but it has black bars on the sides like 4:3 Star Trek TNG 2.jpg

Last edited:
Back