• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

List of HD DVD's which Anydvd Can't Rip

Status
Not open for further replies.

mick2006

I would like to keep a running list of those titles which can't be ripped using Anydvd-that way we can decide if we want to purchase them or not (just as I would like to do with BD+ titles). If the mods would allow it we could make it a sticky and then update it as titles become rippable.

1) Evan Almighty (Universal)
2) Transformers (Dreamworks, subsidiary of Paramount I think)
3) A Mighty Heart (Paramount)
4) Eyes Wide Shut (Warner) Going to assume that none of the Kubrick films will rip

Last edited:
I had no problems with Evan Almighty, but I do "Movie Only" so I will check again using Full Disc.

He is talking about HD DVD, not DVD. AFAIK Even Almighty (US) is currently the only MKBv4 HD DVD. But we can unstick this thread in a 1-2 weeks or so anyway, as then there will be MKB v4 support in AnyDVD HD.

With a little luck we will be ready for the Transformers HD DVD release on October 16. :)

Just tried transformers and it doesn't work. Says key is revoked. PowerDVD can't seem to play it right either. I mean it plays, but it's in black and white with the color all weird and up higher than the rest of the image.

Can't rip

Rise:Blood hunter
No problem with Evan Almighty with new download of Any DVD HD

Last edited:
With a little luck we will be ready for the Transformers HD DVD release on October 16. :)

So how are things going? I'm not gonna order Transformers until i know that i can actually watch it without problems.

Just tried transformers and it doesn't work. Says key is revoked. PowerDVD can't seem to play it right either. I mean it plays, but it's in black and white with the color all weird and up higher than the rest of the image.

PowerDVD v3319 played Transformers just fine for me.

PowerDVD v3319 played Transformers just fine for me.

So, I have PowerDVD open, right click on the red splash screen, and select about, and SR# says DVD070813-02, but my friend has a version that says SR# DVD070813-01. I haven't tried playing the movie on his computer yet to see if it works. Which version does yours say?

Also, when I start the movie, I get this black screen that says "Loading... Web enabled update" but then nothing happens so I cancel it. Is that PowerDVD updating or Transformers downloading web content?

UPDATE: I just checked my nVidia control panel and I had the noise correction setting up which worked for all the other movies I've watched except this one. I turned it down all the way to 0% and it started playing correctly. Must be a driver issue? I have the newest though, 163.71.

Notice the colors are all goofed up. It's like they're all squeezed up to the top of the screen and the rest is black and white.

Notice at even 1% Noise reduction, the colors are still messed up.

At 0% now, it's perfectly fine. Weird!​

Any ideas?

Mine says DVD070813-02, also, but I think that doesn't make a difference. I am also using 3319. Transformers played fine. But others won't. :mad:

So I suspect that those that are able to successfully play Tranformers HD-DVD have HDCP connections from the PC all the way to the Monitor. You're just playing off disc right?

Unfortunately I have an early Fujitsu plasma that has DVI but no HDCP. My PC Video card (early 7600GS) isn't HDCP either. So I can't play a disc that I own until the MKBv4 fix comes out.

So damn frustrating that I can't play a disc I own, from a machine that I own to a monitor that I own...

Guys, thread title please. Yes, PowerDVD will play Transformers, big deal. Unless it's playing it because AnyDVD HD is working it's a$$ off in your tray, it's not relevant to this thread.

Is slysoft going to release a new version for the new hd-dvd encryption while they break BD+?

I would like to keep a running list of those titles which can't be ripped using Anydvd-that way we can decide if we want to purchase them or not (just as I would like to do with BD+ titles). If the mods would allow it we could make it a sticky and then update it as titles become rippable.

1) Evan Almighty (Universal)
2) Transformers (Dreamworks, subsidiary of Paramount I think)
3) A Mighty Heart (Paramount)
4) Eyes Wide Shut (Warner) Going to assume that none of the Kubrick films will rip
mick,
Evan Almighty, Transformers and A mighty Heart work with AnyDVD 6.1.9.0, so you can remove them from the list. :D
If you have "Eyes Wide Shut", please post AnyDVD_Info file using 6.1.9.0.
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back