• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] US Amazon Prime account using VPN

Andrew Uborka

Hi,

I'm located in Australia. I've just set up a US amazon account and have subscribed to prime video on a 1 month trial. Using a VPN, I can watch movies via my browser. In Anystream, I am being redirected from primevideo.com to amazon.com. There is no way to download anything. The green download button at the top of the page is not there. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Is a VPN needed in addition or is it enough to change the region in AS and restart?
As RF1 said, it might depend on the region. The setting in AS only results in it to load the proper site (like .com instead of .de), but if the provider detects that your IP is from another country, it might block you. Amz does for example. In that case, you need a VPN, but some are not able to get around this stupid restriction. I use Surfshark and it works for both Amz US and Amz jp, although I haven't used it much in the past few month.
So it might be the best thing to use the free trial at first to see if your provider allows you to PAY for content/prime or not.
Pay written big because I think that it is stupid that they don't allow me to literally throw money at them for content I like, but is not available in my country for some stupid license reason.

Back