• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem with Lost season 2 & AnyDVD 6.1.8.4

ozi83

Hey
I am trying to backup my region 4 version of lost season 2 and i see this in the anydvd status window:
Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.1.8.4)
PIONEER DVD-RWDVR-212 1.22 07/06/29PIONEER
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1996944 sectors (3900 MBytes)
Total size: 3497820 sectors (6831 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: L210EUT1
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: PAL
Media is locked to region(s): 2 4!

Warning: .bup file location is wrong, .bup processing disabled!
RCE protection not found.
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
Found & removed invalid program from program chain!
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 11 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 4!

now when i open the dvd in clone dvd 2.9.1.2 i dont see the actual episodes, I have attached 2 jpg's of what i see.
I also tested the dvd with powerdvd and it played to the menu but i cant play an episode and i tried the anydvd ripper but it finished after ripping 900 megs or so.
Please let me know if you require more info.

Thanks

Attachments

• Clonedvd 1.jpg
    Clonedvd 1.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 26
  • Clonedvd 2.jpg
    Clonedvd 2.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 18
I tried the disk in 2 dvd drives the first is region set but did not fix the problem.
But i did turn off the AI scanner in anydvd and clone dvd now works fine with this dvd so there might be a bug in the scanner somewhere

Did you use the default setting (Ver Fast)? If not, try it with that setting.

1. Do step 10 from this link: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=321

2. i. Right click the fox on your toolbar. Exit Anydvd
ii. Click start. Right click on "My computer"--->select "properties".
iii.Click on the 'Hardware' tab--->click the 'device manager' button.
iv. Open the dvd/cdrom branch---> right click on your optical drive
v. Click "properties".
vi. You should have a region tab. From there you can select a region.
vii. Select the region that matches the region on the disc
viii. Start Anydvd
ix. click the fox icon on your toolbar. Go to Video dvd--->settings
x. Change the default to match the region on the disc
xi. Click Ok

I have set the region for my dvd drive and anydvd to be region 4 but it did not fix the issue when using the AI scanner, with AI disabled (old way) the disk works fine in clone dvd.
Logs attached for both settings (nifty setting I might add), AI finds 2 more sector errors than the old way.

Thanks

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_L210EUT1_AI_disabled.zip
    110.6 KB · Views: 13
  • AnyDVD_Info_D_L210EUT1_AI_Scanner_Default.zip
    112.4 KB · Views: 11
I have set the region for my dvd drive and anydvd to be region 4 but it did not fix the issue when using the AI scanner, with AI disabled (old way) the disk works fine in clone dvd.
Logs attached for both settings (nifty setting I might add), AI finds 2 more sector errors than the old way.

Thanks

Thank you. Hopefully James will take a look at this issue.

from previous posts about lost season 2 the protection of region 1 and 4 are similar i think and i think james said he had access to R1 lost season 2 so he may be able to test his own dvds.

thanks for the help, hope we have a solution soon

from previous posts about lost season 2 the protection of region 1 and 4 are similar i think and i think james said he had access to R1 lost season 2 so he may be able to test his own dvds.

thanks for the help, hope we have a solution soon

What country is that disc from, by the way?

I don't have a disable listed....WTF?

Disregard I am a Noob...LOL found it...thanks!

Does 6.1.8.6 beta fix the problem with this series? Can someome test please? Enable the A.I. scanner.

I just tested the 6.1.8.6 beta and it still has the same problem as i posted at the start of this thread, but works when AI is disabled

I also had this problem that i can't copy Lost season 2 R2
I tried the AnyDVD beta version and switched the option AI off.
The copy went well but the movie is a little jumpy...the scene's are with little skips and hick ups.

I hope that you can use my experience.

Renso

Hollanda :doh:

Last edited:
AI on vs off

Ok, so, I am having the same issue with my set of Lost 2. I hate taking the originals with me on trips after having had a cd folder with cd's and dvd's stolen out of my hotel room.

With AI on and using Any DVD and Clone DVD 2 (both registered copies), the dvd's would only show the opening cuts. I couldn't even play it in my laptop dvd drive. But with AI off, the correct files showed up in Clone DVD and I could begin the copy process. I haven't yet tried watching it in my laptop with AI off. But, I will try it after I do my burn.

Ok, so Clone DVD wouldn't burn it. Any DVD wouldn't burn it. DVD shrink 3.2 with Any DVD having AI off would rip it to hard drive. But I was unable to get Nero Burning tool to burn it. It always failed. Failed with Clone DVD, failed with Any DVD. Very stubborn.

ANY IDEAS??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????

Last edited:
The copy went well but the movie is a little jumpy...the scene's are with little skips and hick ups.

That sounds more like a bad burn/bad blank media issue. Please ensure you're using quality blank media such as Taiyo Yuden Premium or Verbatim (not made in India).

Back