• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

problem with 6.1.8.4 and 8 Below (Japan)

jinjin_jp

Hi, I'm first in this Forum.

Thanks very much for useful program.

It seems to remove(replace) playable cells about certain DVD, when enable AI Scaner.
Please see here.

"DVD title : 8 BELOW, Region-2(Japan)
Mis-recognized titles :
(1)VTS_05(title 6,7,8,9,10,11) : extras (unopened scenes), replayed from menu' button.
(2)VTS_07(title 13) : end roll, replayed after main movie when selested Japanese as audio.
(3)VTS_08(title 14) : end roll, replayed after main movie when selested Japanese as audio.
---(2) is replayed when sprm(14)=3072, (3) is replayed when sprm(14) is others.

AI Scaner : remove(replace) (2)
PathPlayer : remove(replace) (1),(2),(3)

When not used AI Scaner and PathPlayer, all remains."

Regards.

Last edited by a moderator:

It seems to remove(replace) playable cells about certain DVD, when enable AI Scaner.
Please see here.

Regards.

Hello and welcome!

Please do the following:

Post the Anydvd zip file to the forums

a)Click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
b) Navigate to "Program Settings".
c) Click "enable logging".
d) Click "ok".
e) Put the problematic disc in your optical drive/reader.
f) Go to your "My Documents" folder
g) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip"
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

i) if you don't see that icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) a small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"

Thank you

Please see here.

Regards.

Thanks for reporting that one on here. As you know I've been watching that thread with interest. If you post the information Webslinger asked for, it can help Slysoft determine where the problem may lie. Thanks!

@Webslinger
Thanks for you kind explamation.
I uploaded files.

Regards.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_K_8BELOW_JPN.zip
    80.8 KB · Views: 9
Can someone do me a favour please and check to see if 6.1.8.6 beta fixes this issue?

Thanks for new beta.
It seems not to be fixed yet.

Regards.

Attachments

80.9 KB · Views: 1
Well, I guess 8 Below (Japan) still has a problem.

jinjin_jp said:
AnyDVD is up to 6.1.8.9 and 6.1.9.0.
But the issue of 8 BELOW which replace playable cells seems not to be fixed.

AnyDVD seems to change the feature. It retuen to remove cells of BadSecter from replacing. It is little different from before.

Last edited:
Well, I guess 8 Below (Japan) still has a problem.
Yes, the problem is not fixed yet in ver.6.1.9.0.
(Sorry to post immediately, I thougut author recognizes not to fix yet, because not written in change log (several DVD were written to be fixed.))

Is this problem caused from SPRM(14) ?
Title 13 and 14 are similar contents which replayed after main movie when audio is selected Japanese.
Title 13 is replayed only when SPRM(14)=3072, Title 14 is when SPRM(14) is other values, this is decided in VMGM_PGC_9.
But AnyDVD seems to recognise Title 13 as unplayable, but Title 14 as playable.

By Virtual Player Setup of PgcEdit,
SPRM(14)=1, when 4:3 TV - Display as 16:9 as Letterboxed.
SPRM(14)=0, when 4:3 TV - Display as 16:9 as Pan & Scan.
SPRM(14)=3072, when 16:9 TV.

Regards.

Last edited:
(Sorry to post immediately, I thougut author recognizes not to fix yet, because not written in change log (several DVD were written to be fixed.))

Title 13 and 14 are similar contents which replayed after main movie when audio is selected Japanese.
Title 13 is replayed only when SPRM(14)=3072, Title 14 is when SPRM(14) is other values, this is decided in VMGM_PGC_9.

Regards.

SPRM(14) shouldn't be the problem, as AI scanner handles this situation, but I'll look into it. Thanks for the tip!

Regards.

It may help if you reupload another .zip with 6.1.9.0. Thank you

I'll upload zip of ver.6.1.9.0.

I confirmed by player.
With hard player, title 13 is replayed when set 16:9, title 14 is replayed when set 4:3.
With soft player, I can find setting in only JetAudioPlayer, but title 14 is always replayed when set 16:9 and 4:3.

Regards.

Attachments

81.8 KB · Views: 2

I confirmed by player.
With hard player, title 13 is replayed when set 16:9, title 14 is replayed when set 4:3.
With soft player, I can find setting in only JetAudioPlayer, but title 14 is always replayed when set 16:9 and 4:3.

Regards.

Thank you :agree:

Please see here.

"DVD title : 8 BELOW, Region-2(Japan)
Mis-recognized titles :
(1)VTS_05(title 6,7,8,9,10,11) : extras (unopened scenes), replayed from menu' button.
(2)VTS_07(title 13) : end roll, replayed after main movie when selested Japanese as audio.
(3)VTS_08(title 14) : end roll, replayed after main movie when selested Japanese as audio.
---(2) is replayed when sprm(14)=3072, (3) is replayed when sprm(14) is others.

AI Scaner : remove(replace) (2)
PathPlayer : remove(replace) (1),(2),(3)

When not used AI Scaner and PathPlayer, all remains."

Regards.

I am not really interested what PathPlayer does or does not.
If I understand you correctly, only point (2) is the problem, correct?
Out of curiosity, does the DVD play fine whith AnyDVD HD enabled, or does it "hang" when player tries to play VTS07? Can you copy the disc with CloneDVD2? (Little test for the "junk replacement" code ;) )

From what I see, AIScanner completely removes VTS07 (Title 13), but it also removes Title 2 (VTS01 PGC2) and Title 15 (VTS01 PGC3)

Can you check, that removing Title 2 & Title 15 is ok? Or is this anything important?

Thank you for your help!

I confirmed by player.

Regards.
Yes, I see it, you're right. I am puzzled why AIScanner doesn't probe both branches, it actually should try with different values (and I have seen it work on other discs). I have added more debug output in the next version, maybe I can see it then.

I am not really interested what PathPlayer does or does not.
If I understand you correctly, only point (2) is the problem, correct?
Yes. I think only (2) is related with AI Scanner.

Out of curiosity, does the DVD play fine whith AnyDVD HD enabled, or does it "hang" when player tries to play VTS07? Can you copy the disc with CloneDVD2? (Little test for the "junk replacement" code )
I think it will be assumed by reading command.
It will not "hang" because it jumps to VTSM root-menu by postcommand.
Do you need to test? If so, I'll do bacause it is easy.

From what I see, AIScanner completely removes VTS07 (Title 13), but it also removes Title 2 (VTS01 PGC2) and Title 15 (VTS01 PGC3)
Can you check, that removing Title 2 & Title 15 is ok? Or is this anything important?
Do you mean "remove" is to replace with dummy cell?
If so, I think there is no problem, because cells of both title is never replayed by precommand which jump to title 1 or VTS roor-menu.

Regards.

Out of curiosity, does the DVD play fine whith AnyDVD HD enabled, or does it "hang" when player tries to play VTS07? Can you copy the disc with CloneDVD2? (Little test for the "junk replacement" code )
I've tested, and the result was as same as what is assumed.
According to setting of DVD hard player,
(1)when setting 4:3 Letterboxed which is corresponding to SPRM(14)=1,
__replay main movie(title 1) => replay title 14 =>replay(return) root menu (main menu)
(2)when setting 16:9 which is corresponding to SPRM(14)=3072,
__replay main movie(title 1) => replay title 13(dummy cell) => replay(return) root menu (main menu)

edit(adding)
About softplayer on PC, title 13 is never replayed, title 14 is always replayed.
I suppose it is because PC doesn't have SPRM like DVD hardplayer.

Regards.

Last edited:
I've tested, and the result was as same as what is assumed.
According to setting of DVD hard player,
(1)when setting 4:3 Letterboxed which is corresponding to SPRM(14)=1,
__replay main movie(title 1) => replay title 14 =>replay(return) root menu (main menu)
(2)when setting 16:9 which is corresponding to SPRM(14)=3072,
__replay main movie(title 1) => replay title 13(dummy cell) => replay(return) root menu (main menu)

edit(adding)
About softplayer on PC, title 13 is never replayed, title 14 is always replayed.
I suppose it is because PC doesn't have SPRM like DVD hardplayer.

Regards.
Thank you! Can you please try AnyDVD 6.1.9.2 beta and resubmit AnyDVD_Info ?

Back