• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem with Spiderman 3 Region 2

Vincenza

Hi there.Ive just got my copy of the new spidey film. I tried to back it up using Shrink and AnyDVD, but it was too big,(nearly 6gb)

I also tried using AnyDVD with Clone, and still no success.

I dont get any error messages, however the programme seems to hang for a very long time

With Clone, there was a total time of over 1000+ minutes until it had finished doing its job.

Here are the status screens:

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.1.8.4)
LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1633S BS0C 2004/08/27 17:53
Drive (Hardware) Region: 2

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2084832 sectors (4071 MBytes)
Total size: 4106176 sectors (8019 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: Spider-Man 3
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: PAL
Media is locked to region(s): 2!

RCE protection not found.
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 11 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 2!

Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD 6.1.8.4)

Media is a DVD.
Size of first Layer: 2051280 sectors (4006 MBytes)
Total size: 4034368 sectors (7879 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: Spider-Man 3 Bonus Disc
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 2 4 5!

Structural copy protection not found.
Bad sector protection not found.

Like I said early, I dont get any error messages, but there is also no progression.

I was thinking it could be a new method of copy protection because ive never seen the 'invalid cell pieces' in any other dvd status window.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, and if you require me to forward the .ifo files, please let me know

Thankyou

Hi there.Ive just got my copy of the new spidey film. I tried to back it up using Shrink and AnyDVD, but it was too big,(nearly 6gb)

I also tried using AnyDVD with Clone, and still no success.

I dont get any error messages, however the programme seems to hang for a very long time

With Clone, there was a total time of over 1000+ minutes until it had finished doing its job.

Here are the status screens:

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.1.8.4)

Media is a DVD.
Size of first Layer: 2084832 sectors (4071 MBytes)
Total size: 4106176 sectors (8019 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: Spider-Man 3
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 2!

Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
UDF filesystem patched!
Found & removed 11 potential bad sector protections!

Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD 6.1.8.4)

Media is a DVD.
Size of first Layer: 2051280 sectors (4006 MBytes)
Total size: 4034368 sectors (7879 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: Spider-Man 3 Bonus Disc
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 2 4 5!

Structural copy protection not found.
Bad sector protection not found.

Like I said early, I dont get any error messages, but there is also no progression.

I was thinking it could be a new method of copy protection because ive never seen the 'invalid cell pieces' in any other dvd status window.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, and if you require me to forward the .ifo files, please let me know

Thankyou

Open AnyDVD and go to programs and enable logging. Then when you insert the disc it creates a log zip file to post here along with the IFO's too.

Hi :)
I have Spiderman 3 R2 (UK).
No problems whatsoever.

Hi :)
Done film only, full disc.> DVD5, > DVD9. Plus split disc.

Ripped this title Region 2 today Main film only with CloneDvd, Menus were not preserved and burnt file with ImageBurn, finished disc would not play back just froze at o.oo on clock, until I found out that if I stepped the clock forward to 0.02 seconds and then pressed play it played OK.
Re-encoded again with CloneDvd Main Film Only option again and this time with the Menus preserved and burnt with CloneDvd, and it played back fine although once again the layer break had not been removed for a split second at 1hr 12min 18secs and picked upagain at 1hr 12min 21secs.
Picture playback is fine on both copies, this is the third disc in a row since the upgrade to 6.1.8.4 that niggly problems on rips have started.
Ripped to hardrive no problem with the AnyDvd Ripper and then would import into Shrink or Recode for encoding no problem, but first of all same error message as original op posted file size too large straight from disc for Recode and Shrink.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_Spider-Man 3.zip
    642 KB · Views: 14
Open AnyDVD and go to programs and enable logging. Then when you insert the disc it creates a log zip file to post here along with the IFO's too.

Here are the zip files from both discs.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_Spider-Man 3.zip
    642.1 KB · Views: 22
  • AnyDVD_Info_G_Spider-Man 3 Bonus Disc.zip
    128.9 KB · Views: 5
Ripped this title Region 2 today Main film only with CloneDvd, Menus were not preserved and burnt file with ImageBurn, finished disc would not play back just froze at o.oo on clock,

Still using that Ritek junk?

Picture playback is fine on both copies, this is the third disc in a row since the upgrade to 6.1.8.4 that niggly problems on rips have started.

Time to start using Taiyo Yuden Premium.

Ripped to hardrive no problem with the AnyDvd Ripper and then would import into Shrink or Recode for encoding no problem, but first of all same error message as original op posted file size too large straight from disc for Recode and Shrink.

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3992 and read fully

It's not. That's something new with Anydvd 6.1.8.4

Two other people backed this up with no issue. What country is your disc from?

1. What blank media are you using? Specify a) brand name b)type (-R, +R, -RW, +RW, RAM, DL, etc.) c)media code, d) capacity/size, e) batch codes/serial codes (often found printed on the inner plastic hub of the blank disc), and f)country (factory information would be great as well, if possible) where the media was made (look on the physical packaging; do not rely on programs to accurately give you this information).

If you don't know how to obtain media codes, you may find the following programs useful:

http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com and http://www.dvdinfopro.com/

2. At what speed are you burning your blank media?

3. i. For XP with ide burners
Click this

Do what it says to do if you have XP and an ide burner/optical drive.

ii. For Vista with ide burners

Go into device manager, and check to ensure you're using standard Microsoft ide busmaster drivers.

Right click on your PCI IDE Bus Master controller, and remove it. Ensure that it also removes the driver for your DVD/CD rom. Reboot. Your system should find hardware. After your system is finished installing hardware, reboot again.

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=48880&postcount=20 to get a better idea of what I'm asking for if you're using Vista.

It's not. That's something new with Anydvd 6.1.8.4

Two other people backed this up with no issue. What country is your disc from?

1. What blank media are you using? Specify a) brand name b)type (-R, +R, -RW, +RW, RAM, DL, etc.) c)media code, d) capacity/size, e) batch codes/serial codes (often found printed on the inner plastic hub of the blank disc), and f)country (factory information would be great as well, if possible) where the media was made (look on the physical packaging; do not rely on programs to accurately give you this information).

If you don't know how to obtain media codes, you may find the following programs useful:

http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com and http://www.dvdinfopro.com/

2. At what speed are you burning your blank media?

3. i. For XP with ide burners
Click this

Go into device manager, and check to ensure you're using standard Microsoft ide busmaster drivers.

Right click on your PCI IDE Bus Master controller, and remove it. Ensure that it also removes the driver for your DVD/CD rom. Reboot. Your system should find hardware. After your system is finished installing hardware, reboot again.

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=48880&postcount=20 to get a better idea of what I'm asking for if you're using Vista.

I havnt got that far yet, for burning. I cant backup the discs on hard drive.I am using AnyDVD and CloneDVD. I am backing up the files, so that i can use Shrink to convert it to iso image.

CloneDVD seems not to be progressing with the back up. It says it has like 1000+ minutes until it has finished doing whatever it needs to do

I havnt got that far yet, for burning. I cant backup the discs on hard drive.I am using AnyDVD and CloneDVD. I am backing up the files, so that i can use Shrink to convert it to iso image.

CloneDVD seems not to be progressing with the back up. It says it has like 1000+ minutes until it has finished doing whatever it needs to do

O.k.

1. i. For XP with ide burners
Click this

2. Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. With Anydvd running in the background, select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, let us know please.

Thank you

Still using that Ritek junk?
Yep, only got 16 left now Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden next, you are gonna get such a rocket if they don't work LOL. You can call my Ritec all you want, but four coasters on the last three discs ripped and only a handfull before in the last two years with the same media, na there's something not right here, I wish I was technically minded in this respect to argue the point with you, but alas I think you'd not be moved anyway, it's hard evidence you require and I can't supply that. Thanks for at least taking the time to answer my queries however mundane they may seem, I'll just sit back and watch things unfold in future.;)

Yep, only got 16 left now Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden next, you are gonna get such a rocket if they don't work LOL.

Go with Taiyo Yuden Premiums. If they don't work, I'd get new equipment that does work with quality blank media. Verbatim does have good blank media. The problem is that they are made by a number of different companies. I personally avoid Verbatim made in India (others feel Moser Baer made Verbatim is great though, but I can't say that I'm a fan). And if I buy Verbatim that's made in Taiwan, I prefer CMC Verbatim (instead of Prodisc), and I stay away from PAP6 serials: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=2589

You can call my Ritec all you want, but four coasters on the last three discs ripped and only a handfull before in the last two years with the same media, na there's something not right here

Another possibility is your burner is slowing dying.

The layer break problem you're having might be related to a Clonedvd issue, but I'm not sure (especially given that you notice a difference in relation to preserving the menus with respect to the layer break . . . really, what you're best describing to me is junk blank media that is sometimes working and sometimes failing or a burner that is getting flaky)

Last edited:
Another possibility is your burner is slowing dying.
I've always used Lite-On they seem to have good media compatability with most discs and yep I know they're Sony inards, they're not the fastest but seem reliable, which writers do you use with the Taiyo Yuden? I'll try and find a thread about reccomended drives and check media compatability with them before I begin to hijack this thread about writers, but never ever had a layer break issue before with CloneDvd and it's my primary burning tool, just finished watching Spider-Man3 flawless playback on my Ritecs eventually :clap:

I've always used Lite-On they seem to have good media compatability with most discs and yep I know they're Sony inards

Where are you getting that information from? Several of the 20x Lite-on burners are based on Mediatek chipsets. Sony sticks their label on other companies' burners. Some Sony burners are really Lite-on rebadges.

which writers do you use with the Taiyo Yuden?

Many burner companies use Taiyo Yuden as one of the standards for test burning. So many burners, before they are released support Taiyo Yuden by default (and if they don't something is wrong). The real question should be "will my standalone dvd player play Taiyo Yuden blank media?". If my standalone dvd player didn't, I would ditch it (same goes for the other blank media I use).

Last edited:
OK a hunting I will go :doh: Thanks for putting me right AGAIN :agree: Goodnight over and out!

Last edited:
O.k.

1. i. For XP with ide burners
Click this

2. Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. With Anydvd running in the background, select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, let us know please.

Thank you

Thankyou very much for the help Webslinger, it works a treat now.Backed up and burnt.

Yes... a real good SOP for those using Shrink or Recode is to try the AnyDVD ripper *as soon* as you detect a problem doing it the normal way. It saves time over even *trying* to figgure out "what's wrong". 9 times out of 10 you can then process the resulting AnyDVD rip just fine.
The exceptions usually mean you got a bad original DVD.

-W

Back