• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blades of Glory & Anydvd 6.1.8.4

Just for the record, did someone try to copy BOG with AnyDVD 6184 and CloneDVD 2912, while the CSS archive _and_ the AI Scanner was disabled?

Just for the record, did someone try to copy BOG with AnyDVD 6184 and CloneDVD 2912, while the CSS archive _and_ the AI Scanner was disabled?

Yes, someone did that, and it still failed.

I wonder who this someone is, at least I haven't found a posting in this thread. The Ai Scanner seems to be the major difference between AnyDVD 6174 and 6184. At least it would be worth mentioning.

It's unfortunately not the only difference. The CSS cracking routines were changed which could be part of the problem, but, I honestly don't know. We're going to have to wait for Slysoft to look into this problem, but, there is definitely an issue here.

Why doesn't the AI scanner in 6.1.8.4 work for Blades of Glory?

Have you tried setting the AI scanner to "Deep Scan"?

It's not the AI Scanner that's causing problems. If you turn the AI Scanner off, you get the same problem. Going back to 6.1.7.4 allows you to rip it correctly from what I'm told. But if turning the scanner off and using the old heuristics engine (which wasn't updated afaik) doesn't work, then something else is going on. For that we need Slysoft to look into it.

It's not the AI Scanner that's causing problems. If you turn the AI Scanner off, you get the same problem. Going back to 6.1.7.4 allows you to rip it correctly from what I'm told. But if turning the scanner off and using the old heuristics engine (which wasn't updated afaik) doesn't work, then something else is going on. For that we need Slysoft to look into it.

Yes, for a full disc backup you'll need to go back to AnyDVD 6.1.7.4.

AnyDVD 6.1.8.4 will work for a movie-only backup by selecting only Title 1. Preserving the menus will work but is optional for the movie+menu backup. You can not have extras or trailers in the backup.

Note: At present the only known disc having this problem is Blades of Glory.

Last edited:
i thought the ai scanner was going to take care of these problems

Once again, I do NOT believe this is a problem with the AI Scanner. If you turn it off, you get the exact same problem. Considering an older version of AnyDVD has no problem with this disc, some kind of regression cropped up in this version. My gut instinct tells me it's in the new CSS cracking routines, but, that's just a guess. Slysoft will have to analyze this and fix it. But I really don't think it has anything at all to do with the AI Scanner.

Have you actually read the thread?

The problem is not believed to have anything to do with the A.I. Scanner therefore it is irrelevant to the problem.

this garbage movie seems to work with regular 1 click dvd for all that matters, just read the thread and thought i would experiment. oh i guess i do mean with 6.1.8.4 i had no problem.

this garbage movie seems to work with regular 1 click dvd for all that matters, just read the thread and thought i would experiment. oh i guess i do mean with 6.1.8.4 i had no problem.

Hmm . . .

Well, the bottom line is that this movie doesn't work with Anydvd ripper, and it should.

Sorry guys, i was really wrong i had cprx enabled and it worked, rechecked my logs and found my mistake. it seems that 1 click regular has the the same problem as clone. sorry for the bad info

Have you actually read the thread?

The problem is not believed to have anything to do with the A.I. Scanner therefore it is irrelevant to the problem.

You're completely misinterpreting the point. We're not saying that the AI scanner is causing the problem. The AI scanner is supposed to work like a DVD Player... it disregards anything that is not accessible via the menus and other standard DVD controls. That way, it can work on new protections without needing an update.

I'm wondering why the AI scanner is not doing its job with Blades of Glory R1.

You're completely misinterpreting the point.

No. I believe you are.

That way, it can work on new protections without needing an update.

The point here is the A.I. scanner is intended to help deal with structural protections, and I don't believe anyone from Slysoft wrote that the A.I. scanner would never require an update (just reduce the likelyhood of requiring one).

And I wonder why you believe it isn't with this disc. The error message from Clonedvd is with respect to CSS decryption. I have no proof the problem is related specifically to a structural protection issue.

I *suspect* the problem might be related to this:

"New (DVD): CSS brute force cracking (region code mismatch) works
now much better with Arccos/RipGuard/ProtectDVD/FluxDVD ...
protected discs"

This is an Arccos protected disc. There's a CSS error message . . . .

Unless I'm mistaken the A.I. scanner wasn't implemented to help deal with CSS. It was implemented to help deal with protected disc structures.

Last edited:
You're completely misinterpreting the point. We're not saying that the AI scanner is causing the problem. The AI scanner is supposed to work like a DVD Player... it disregards anything that is not accessible via the menus and other standard DVD controls. That way, it can work on new protections without needing an update.

I'm sorry but I do not believe I am misinterpreting the point. People, please re-read the release notes for AnyDVD 6.1.8.4.

6.1.8.4 2007 10 11
- New (DVD): New "AI Scanner(tm)" copy protection removal
- New (DVD): Added support for new copy protections
- New (DVD): CSS brute force cracking (region code mismatch) works
now much better with Arccos/RipGuard/ProtectDVD/FluxDVD ...
protected discs

<snip>

CSS still needs to be removed and the A.I. Scanner does not handle removal of CSS, AFAIK.

The apparent issue is that CloneDVD is having a problem with what AnyDVD is feeding it and saying, "Wait a second, this content is still encrypted! I am not allowed to handle this!!!"

Now, this leads me to wonder one of two things:

(1) Is CloneDVD falsely believing it is being fed data that is still encrypted when it is not?
(2) Did the changes recently made to the CSS brute force cracking cause portions of the disc to not be decrypted or decrypted improperly.

Since CloneDVD hasn't been updated I have to believe that the cause of the problem are recent changes to AnyDVD. I also do not know how much James changed in the AnyDVD ripper code but it is based off of code from CloneDVD so it would be understandable that both are suffering the exact same problem which is the PS 18 TCE error at the 5% complete mark when doing a full disc backup.

Last edited:
CSS still needs to be removed and the A.I. Scanner does not handle removal of CSS, AFAIK.

If it does, then that's news to me. I don't believe Anydvd required help in this area before the A.I. scanner was developed anyway.

If it does, then that's news to me. I don't believe Anydvd required help in this area before the A.I. scanner was developed anyway.

AFAIK, yes, the A.I. Scanner was added for reasons other than dealing with the removal of CSS. But, I could always be wrong. If I am wrong then why was the CSS removal updated? Logic says we are correct.

That said, this may be specific to the way Arccos was used on this particular disc and a problem with how the changes to the CSS removal impacted removing CSS from this disc. Until more people report a similar problem with other discs we are somewhat stuck.

I'm sure James will look into the problem as soon as he is able.

Last edited:
Back