• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Windows Defender asking for AnyDVD files

Dr. Shane

I don't know if any of you out there have the Windows anti-virus/spam software called Windows Defender, but I've had it since its beta versions installed on my Windows XP system. Anyway, recently, it has asked for the files to AnyDVD to "better protect the system" from spam/viruses, etc. Anyone think this is Microsoft trying to undo all the great things AnyDVD does? Even if I "uncheck" to send Microsoft these files, someone will do so. I guess if Microsoft really wanted these files, they'd just pretend to be Joe Schmoe and buy them. Just my conspiracy thinking doing its thing.

Last edited:
I don't know if any of you out there have the Windows anti-virus/spam software called Windows Defender, but I've had it since its beta versions installed on my Windows XP system. Anyway, recently, it has asked for the files to AnyDVD to "better protect the system" from spam/viruses, etc. Anyone think this is Microsoft trying to undo all the great things AnyDVD does? Even if I "uncheck" to send Microsoft these files, someone will do so. I guess if Microsoft really wanted these files, they'd just pretend to be Joe Schmoe and buy them. Just my conspiracy thinking doing its thing.
I have Windows Defender. Run a scan every Sunday morning. Never experienced WD asking for anything.:)

Same here and I doubt very seriously whether anyone else has either.:disagree:

I too run this and it has never asked, so I wonder if something else is causing this?

Just wondering, did you join Microsoft Spynet when you installed WD?:)

You can check by selecting tools and then selecting Microsoft Spynet to see if one of the membership options is selected. If so, select the "no not at this time" option.:agree:

Very true enough to not want then to know what we do at home, that's invasion of privacy but then again they do ask if you want to join so that means the user that says yes they asked for it and invasion of privacy isn't the case when one says yes.

Very true enough to not want then to know what we do at home, that's invasion of privacy but then again they do ask if you want to join so that means the user that says yes they asked for it and invasion of privacy isn't the case when one says yes.

POINT WELL TAKEN!;)

I've been part of SpyNet for ages. Until a couple days ago I was never asked to send info about AnyDVD to Microsoft when Windows Defender detected a change.

I've been part of SpyNet for ages. Until a couple days ago I was never asked to send info about AnyDVD to Microsoft when Windows Defender detected a change.
Well, it sounds like it is more than likely that Microsoft Spynet is requesting the data. Hmmm, wonder why they started this after the latest update. That is, unless it is just a coincidence. But, still, why?:confused:

Well, it sounds like it is more than likely that Microsoft Spynet is requesting the data. Hmmm, wonder why they started this after the latest update. That is, unless it is just a coincidence. But, still, why?:confused:

I have no idea but for some reason for ages everytime I booted XP Pro SP2 I was getting Windows Defender informing me about PGP on my system. I told it to permit it but it kept happening. That one finally went away after months of annoyance. I'm assuming they are doing some updating of their database.

Back