• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Russia and India Order VPNs

RedFox 1

Forum Admin
Code:
https://nordvpn.com/blog/indian-servers-removal/

Be careful when you use torrents people, especially if you are in Russia or India.

Last edited:
Mullvad is about as safe and anonymous as it can get when talking VPNs.
Code:
https://mullvad.net/en/

Last edited by a moderator:
forget the torrents
But what about the content that you only can get when using a VPN, because either the provider (like Star Trek and P+ until recently) is not available in your region or it is, but they don't offer it (some things are on Amz jp and US, but not in germany...).

But what about the content that you only can get when using a VPN, because either the provider (like Star Trek and P+ until recently) is not available in your region or it is, but they don't offer it (some things are on Amz jp and US, but not in germany...).
I would think you could find out where those servers are. I doubt they are in India or Russia. But you never know, thats why we do not support VPNs.

Torrents are you just begging for trouble in my summation.

Plus, I personally believe the providers have VERY different feelings about things like AS vs. distributing via torrents.

I would think you could find out where those servers are.
Of course you can, but that is not the goal. It is the goal to hide the location of the user itself, and to make the service think that he is in another location in order to access stuff that would be locked otherwise.
Edit: So it does not matter if they know where the servers are. Sure they could block them as Rakuten seems to do, but as long as they can't access them and see their data the user should be safe. Of course I am no expert in how it works, it is only how I think about it.

AnyStream

Well, if Russia or India want to track my torrents all they'll see is getting and serving back DVD and BR ISO copies of "Star Trek Continues."
I just looked it up, never heard of it. Seems to be interesting.

I just looked it up, never heard of it. Seems to be interesting.
I had heard about it vaguely when it was first being produced, but since it was "fan based" I dismissed it originally. I was wrong! It is definitely worth the time to watch, IMO. 11 episodes that have the look and "feel" of the 4th and 5 season of the original Star Trek.

Several of the guest actors are TOS and NextGen "retreads" as well. One reprising the same role, Apollo.

Being available as DVD/BD ISOs the creators took the time and effort to package the episodes in a menu-based setup, 2 or 3 episodes per disc. 4 discs for the set.

All are single-layer discs, if that matters. :)

There are some extras with the disc sets, but not as much as can be found online.

Last edited:
VPN is for security and privacy reasons, as well as an AV and a firewall.
As an alternative to Cloud Services, torrents are an excellent complement.
Just beacuse VPN, CS and torrents can be used for shady things it doesn't mean its bad.
It's a cat & mouse game, as it always have been since the Internet was available to the common man.

Just beacuse VPN, CS and torrents can be used for shady things it doesn't mean its bad.
If VPNs are tracking and logging your torrents, you may have an issue, if you want to take that chance go ahead, but anyone with any amount of brains would stay away from torrents.

Back