• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[ Resolved]Request CBR profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fogue

Hi, i'm here to ask for cbr profile, the "competitor" already have some months agora, will be awesome have this feature on anystream, i don't see this on Summary List, still have a "chance" do this feature some day?! Thanks guys, keep the good work, for me with cbr will be perfect, i love AS

This has been asked for many times which a forum search would have revealed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I created this topic to ask this, cause cbr don't show on Feature Requests, don't show approved, under consideration, or denied, so will be awesome to know if there is the possibility that feature show someday.

Use forum search to find your answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is not possible to use the search with cbr or vbr because they are too short.
However, you can use google:
Code:
https://www.google.com/search?q=cbr+vbr+site%3Aforum.redfox.bz

It is not possible to use the search with cbr or vbr because they are too short.
However, you can use google:
Code:
https://www.google.com/search?q=cbr+vbr+site%3Aforum.redfox.bz
That's 2 years ago almost, but as Deepspace said it was discussed, it's not happening soon, I have no idea what the future holds. As of this moment, there are no plans for it that I am aware of.

Hi, i'm here to ask for cbr profile, the "competitor" already have some months agora, will be awesome have this feature on anystream, i don't see this on Summary List, still have a "chance" do this feature some day?! Thanks guys, keep the good work, for me with cbr will be perfect, i love AS

Yes, I am using CBR in SF, they did a great job. The result is Scene standard. Unfortunately the audio is E-AC-3 (192 kb/s) or lower, but nothing that can't be fixed.

Yes, I am using CBR in SF, they did a great job. The result is Scene standard. Unfortunately the audio is E-AC-3 (192 kb/s) or lower, but nothing that can't be fixed.
yeah, AS it's a lotttt better in everything, for me the only thing to make perfect it's the CBR option, unfortunately the RedFox1 say above that it's not happening soon, it's very sad to read that :(

yeah, AS it's a lotttt better in everything, for me the only thing to make perfect it's the CBR option, unfortunately, the RedFox1 say above that it's not happening soon, it's very sad to read that :(
It's just not on our schedule, when we have time I promise you I will bring it up again, but honestly, I think Variable is better. Just my personal opinion. I do believe this is only an APV option.

I can't see any difference so couldn't care less :p, HEVC however on AP would be an nice option enabling us to save 1/3 of space or having about 33% more movies on our storage devices, I can't honestly see any differences on this format either so kinda prefer that, maybe I'm partially blind? :D

hevc for example has a different grain type on real life movies and series
on anime its most of the time just saving some space
cbr/vbr is i know not collectively rateable because sometimes vbr is better than cbr even sometimes from episode to episode differs.

i'm asking very brazenly in this context about a free choice about the combination of audio and video.
so you can choose and download every combination which is offered on the platform.

so for example:

you can choose between cbr/vbr/hevc video
with eac3 224 stereo or eac3 640 5.1 if available.
(or for those how wanted the he-aac audio that aswell)

so you dont have to waste traffic, time and download counts to get the combination of video and audio for what you want.

I can't see any difference so couldn't care less :p, HEVC however on AP would be an nice option enabling us to save 1/3 of space or having about 33% more movies on our storage devices, I can't honestly see any differences on this format either so kinda prefer that, maybe I'm partially blind? :D

That will be an option

It's just not on our schedule, when we have time I promise you I will bring it up again, but honestly, I think Variable is better. Just my personal opinion. I do believe this is only an APV option.
I can't swear to it either...but I believe it's also only an AP issue. Considering AP works as is...I don't see it as a high priority.
If the Dev's were forced to have to fix AP in the future to keep it running...I could see it being brought up as an option to be added then, but as for now...if it's not broke...don't fix it.

I would agree vbr is a better option although everyone wants the cbr for reasons that do not make sense I agree though it should be a option in AS but personally I will replace all cbr with vbr for my use as it is to me a better option and smaller size.

That will be an option

Sounds awesome, think many would like that, HEVC from AP actually one and only reason I've used other downloaders so been using explicit for just that, certainly not CBR.. guessing many are just like me having a medium sized NAS or a few storage devices and prefer not to have a massive server room at home.. 1/3, that's a massive chunk of more movies on any storage device and of course 1/3 less cost in storage, 1/3 less load on providers.. about 90% on my NAS is now HEVC, mainly taken from HM/AP and remaining 10% AVC from various providers.. in the beginning when starting out with AS I didn't care that much of formats but changed my mind and simply opted for HEVC as time passed

Tbh I absolutely don't care if I get CBR or VBR as long as it looks good, so I will always prefer Amz over NF because of the bitrate and higher filesize.
I even prefer the way it is because I just click download, no need to think if I should get CBR or VBR. Still, I can understand that others wish to get it.

What I know however is that HEVC/ h265 is smaller while having the same quality (or higher quality while having the same size). Personally I don't need it either atm, but I would see it as a higher priority that the CBR/VBR thing.
Sure, it is smaller, but it is a newer codec so if you have an older device it might struggle in playing it. I even have problems to play the audio codec on a 4k Smart-TV that should be up to date, and since it can even play 4k I don't understand why it has struggle with the audio. (It was E-AC3 I think, but I am not sure).

NF is a joke right now, one movie from AP or HM equals like five movies on NF, wish I had knew this from start before piling up, I've unsubbed NF for now until they sort their crap, it's really not a good provider for quality.. AP/HM I think these two are in par and what I mainly download from right now, also anyone new to AS they should try more subscribers out and not be stuck with NF just because they had it for long, big mistake

As for HEVC I think more would use if we're more uniform or to avail where possible within AS, particularly from AP that quite many uses right now, it's on the saucy file sizes HEVC really hits your eye, on a small sized NAS it could mean 5000 movies rather than 3000 and you couldn't tell the difference, at least I can't

Tbh I absolutely don't care if I get CBR or VBR as long as it looks good, so I will always prefer Amz over NF because of the bitrate and higher filesize.
I even prefer the way it is because I just click download, no need to think if I should get CBR or VBR. Still, I can understand that others wish to get it.

What I know however is that HEVC/ h265 is smaller while having the same quality (or higher quality while having the same size). Personally I don't need it either atm, but I would see it as a higher priority that the CBR/VBR thing.
Sure, it is smaller, but it is a newer codec so if you have an older device it might struggle in playing it. I even have problems to play the audio codec on a 4k Smart-TV that should be up to date, and since it can even play 4k I don't understand why it has struggle with the audio. (It was E-AC3 I think, but I am not sure).

h266 is coming to a video near you soon.

Sounds awesome, think many would like that, HEVC from AP actually one and only reason I've used other downloaders so been using explicit for just that, certainly not CBR.. guessing many are just like me having a medium sized NAS or a few storage devices and prefer not to have a massive server room at home.. 1/3, that's a massive chunk of more movies on any storage device and of course 1/3 less cost in storage, 1/3 less load on providers.. about 90% on my NAS is now HEVC, mainly taken from HM/AP and remaining 10% AVC from various providers.. in the beginning when starting out with AS I didn't care that much of formats but changed my mind and simply opted for HEVC as time passed

I'm certainly looking forward to more HEVC options. Glad it's going to be an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back