• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Tales of the NAS, how it ended up

VideoReDo was designed for the exact purpose I use it for. Cutting commercials and fixing broken streams. It has encoders built in as well. Kmttg is a Java program written to extract videos from a tivo and then use a set of tools to decrypt, fix the streams, scan commercials, cut and/or edit commercials, and reencode the output. VideoReDo has built in support for decrypting tivo files and can be integrated into kmttg. I use comskip for commercial scanning which outputs a VideoReDo project file with the commercial cut points. It sounds complicated but it takes about 3 minutes of manual work per show to verify the cut points and hit save. I will miss this process but I'm not paying xfinity 125 bucks a month for s*** quality.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Tivo is a TV recording box in the US:
Ok, thanks. We already record TV with our normal satellite tranciever, so (for the case it should work outsite the US) we will never use that anyway.

Ok, thanks. We already record TV with our normal satellite tranciever, so (for the case it should work outsite the US) we will never use that anyway.
Off-topic on.

Yeah, but Sam decrypts the shows that are recorded encrypted on his Tivo. I never looked into similar things the last few years here in EU but there are most likely also some tools / tricks if you have the appropriate Linux Satellite receiver.

Off-topic off

Right. The tivo was the most incredible TV watching experience ever created. It had amazing features. One of which was auto skip. After it recorded a show, it would download skip points for the commercials so when you play the show it would automagically skip commercials. The season passes were great to set up recordings. 30 second skip for shows that didn't have auto skip. The ability to record x minutes early and y minutes late, great for shows that didn't stick to their allotted time box. And finally tivo desktop. This allowed us to copy shows off the tivo and watch them anywhere. That capability was reverse engineered and kmttg was born. I have literally hundreds of recordings I've been able to put on my plex server as a result. I will surely miss this capability but I can't live with 720p 3kbps streams. My last show was recorded last night and I put in a request to cancel my xfinity service. I've already disconnected the tivos.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Sad to hear that it is bad now, but it sounds very interesting. I know that it is possible to record x early and y late, but our boxes have no posibillity to auto-skip. Anyway, that's all I wanted to know.

About Oled, QD-OLED seems to be the way to go, or even microled.

Yeah, not sure about the difference to QD-OLED, but I have read that Micro-LED is superior. However, simce it is pretty new, it is expensive. But that might settle in the future, just like 4k took some time to get to the masses.

Not if it's a Samsung it's not. I've yet to see the Sony QD OLED panels but Samsung is on my shit list and forever banned from even being considered by me. They wildly oversaturated the s95b and then implemented an algorithm to change the saturation when a calibration patch was being displayed. They got caught doing it and as a result can not be trusted. Sony should show what that tech is really capable of doing and it should be an improvement over WOLED for sure.

Back