• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Fox dissapeared

yahknow1

Hi, I downloaded the latest version of AnyDVD and after the install wizard finished, the Fox no longer appears on my tray? Is this a new feature, because I've ripped a couple DVD's, and they seem to be ok?

Hi, I downloaded the latest version of AnyDVD and after the install wizard finished, the Fox no longer appears on my tray? Is this a new feature, because I've ripped a couple DVD's, and they seem to be ok?

No. It means there's a problem.

Try ending Anydvd.exe from task manager. Then try running Anydvd again.

I'd recommend following these steps: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1559
(especially step 1)

It's not always a problem. Some updates to windows disable tray icons from view regardless of your settings. If AnyDVD is running in your task manager, do as the last user said. If it happens all the time, check if your settings have been changed. Right click the task tray and click properties. Then make sure the hide inactive icons box is NOT checked and click OK. If it keeps happening after that, or if it's not checked try downloading and reinstalling AnyDVD. If it still happens after that; and everything still works; just ignore the issue if you're not tech savy; it's a windows thing. The last few security and .net updates boinked a large number of setups on XP and Vista. Windows may have simply set your icon to hide.

If it still happens after that; and everything still works; just ignore the issue if you're not tech savy; it's a windows thing. The last few security and .net updates boinked a large number of setups on XP and Vista. Windows may have simply set your icon to hide.

I honestly have to say I've never ever had my systray icons vanish after an MS update. And, if they did vanish I would be extremely concerned and not ignore it. Then again I don't have it set to hide systray icons. Nonetheless, it should work correctly.

The person should check to see if somehow the Hide Icon setting got checked within the AnyDVD settings. If it is checked then they should uncheck it.

I’ve noticed the same behavior on my system, XP Home. Every so often my inactive icons disappear from the task bar, when I check the “hide inactive icons” box has been checked. I can’t be absolutely sure it is MS updates but I assume that it is. Like yahknow1, AnyDVD works fine icon or no. :agree:

I’ve noticed the same behavior on my system, XP Home. Every so often my inactive icons disappear from the task bar, when I check the “hide inactive icons” box has been checked. I can’t be absolutely sure it is MS updates but I assume that it is. Like yahknow1, AnyDVD works fine icon or no. :agree:

Inactive this is the norm. I always tell mine to show always.

Back