• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Game Jackal to 2.9.18.590 problem

computerlove

I have upgraded my Game Jackal to 2.9.18.590 today. When I started the programme it alerted me that not all files could be loaded. I have reinstalled the programme from scratch but the same problem still happens.

Any ideas on what is happening?

I had the same problem. I had to manually delete the old .exe file in Program Files.

Now, when I try to start the program I just get an icon in the system tray and when I click on it nothing happens. If I right click on it the only option available is to exit the program.

By the way, the old version number is still being shown on the new .exe installation file.

Yes, check the version number of the GameJackal.exe, it should be v2.9.18.590
If not reinstall, but before doing so make sure GJ is shutdown first.

Yes, check the version number of the GameJackal.exe, it should be v2.9.18.590
If not reinstall, but before doing so make sure GJ is shutdown first.

Yes, it is already v2.9.18.590. As I said before, I have already reinstalled the software once. But will try it again and see if it can solve the problem.

Yes, it is already v2.9.18.590. As I said before, I have already reinstalled the software once. But will try it again and see if it can solve the problem.

I know you installed v2.9.18.590, but I need you to check the specific version of the GameJackal.exe file. I suspect that during the installation, GJ was still running and as a result the main .exe file did not get upgraded.

Also, can you confirm that "MaplomH.dll" exists also.

I have the same problem here.

I never installed GJ before, my first GJ installation is v2.9.18.590. My GameJackal.exe file version is also v2.9.18.590, confirmed. There is also a file named MaplomH.dll, file version v2.9.18.590, in my GJ installation location, confirmed. And I still get an error, "Usable to load all Game Jackal files, some games profiles may not work. Please contact support. (H-M)"

Hope you can figure out what's happened.

Best,
/Jedi/

I have the same problem here.

I never installed GJ before, my first GJ installation is v2.9.18.590. My GameJackal.exe file version is also v2.9.18.590, confirmed. There is also a file named MaplomH.dll, file version v2.9.18.590, in my GJ installation location, confirmed. And I still get an error, "Usable to load all Game Jackal files, some games profiles may not work. Please contact support. (H-M)"

Hope you can figure out what's happened.

Best,
/Jedi/

Other than the message, does GJ operate correctly?

Currently I have not added any profile yet. That error message make me stop here. I'll try later and report. :)

Best,
/Jedi/

I know you installed v2.9.18.590, but I need you to check the specific version of the GameJackal.exe file. I suspect that during the installation, GJ was still running and as a result the main .exe file did not get upgraded.

Also, can you confirm that "MaplomH.dll" exists also.

The problem once solved when I uninstalled gamejackal entirely before reinstalling the software (and error message '...unable to ... dllserver...' pop-up trice when I unistalled the software). Unluckily, when I uninstall it again and install the latest v2.9.18.595 today, the problem reoccurs. Message '....existing profile found (and repaired)' pop-up when the first time wizard run.

What is the problem??? :mad::mad:

None of these messages should have any effect on GJ's operation.

Is GJ working... besides the messages, what is the problem?

Not sure whether there is any problem as I have deleted all my previous profiles when uninstall the program.

By the way, where is the profile key stored? I wish to try to delete it to see if the problem can be fixed.

Not sure whether there is any problem as I have deleted all my previous profiles when uninstall the program.

By the way, where is the profile key stored? I wish to try to delete it to see if the problem can be fixed.

You cannot delete the profile key :confused:

You cannot delete the profile key :confused:

I recall in previous version, user is given an option to re-enter an old profile key in case you wish to reinstall the software but using the existing profile generated. So the function has been removed?

:doh:

I recall in previous version, user is given an option to re-enter an old profile key in case you wish to reinstall the software but using the existing profile generated. So the function has been removed?

:doh:

This only happens when installing GJ on a fresh windows installation.

Just uninstalled 2.9.18.590 and installed 2.9.18.600 to see whether the error message will be fixed. Unluckily, the error message now pop-up twice when loading the program.

I tried to reinstall the software once again but when I chose the standard option 'load automatically when system starts', the following error occured -

'Error creating registry key : RegCreateKeyEx failed; code 1021

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SLYSOFT\GAMEJACKAL\KEY'

I then chose to install using my standard option 'Do not load when system starts'

The error messages listed in my previous email still pop-up when I ran the software. Nevertheless, I tried to create a new profile for my new game 'World in Conflict' the first time. However, after choosing 'World in Conflict' from profile list, chose standard option and inserted the DVD, the software ended normally without running the intro. The profile created of course don't work.

I then changed the autoplay setting to 'insert and play automatically. Despite the profile wizard sucessfully run this time, the profile created just started and ended shortly. What is the problem? I am using Vista Home Preminum 32 bit version.

The problem don't exists on the same machine when running Window XP.

:mad::mad:

Last edited:
There is something strange going on here... It would appear GJ is unable to read/write to the registry. Are you running as admin?

Back