• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Tiger Woods 08 (PC)

razorcanes

hello,

I'm trying to make a backup copy of Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08 for my PC, but either

- the game recognizes that I'm using a backup copy, and instructs me to use the original game disc

or

- if I use the "Hide CD-R" function on CloneCD, I get a message stating that says "Confilct with Emulation Software dected"

I'm using a totally legit copy of TW08, that I bought from Target - I'd just like to preserve the original DVD. I searched the forums, and no posts directly related to TW08 appeared. So, is this a new form of copy-protection, or something I'm doing wrong? If it's the latter, what can I do to make the copy work?

Thank you,
RC

1. If you have virtual drives, disable them. This includes Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120%, Virtual Clonedrive, Clonecdtray, and possibly Anydvd.
2. Remove packet writing software from your system (including Roxio's Directcd, Nero's Incd, Roxio/Sonic's DragtoDisc, Drive Letter Access, CyberLink InstantBurn, etc.)
3. What protection does your game use? Don't know? Find out before posting about issues (and include that information)! Use Protection ID. It's a free program. Use ProtectionID and scan your HD directory where the game is installed (right click the icon on your toolbar, and select "scan files/folders"). Or just scan the main program .exe(s) that you find in the game directory on your hard drive. Provide the protection name and the version number.

4. You may need to enable "hide cd-r media" when running your backup from clonecd tray.

5. You should give Game Jackal a try.

I think that the games are using a different type of data protection now and to play your bought copy without the original disc it might be more advised to use game jackel now? Webslinger or someone else may comment if I am or not right on this.

1. If you have virtual drives, disable them. This includes Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120%, Virtual Clonedrive, Clonecdtray, and possibly Anydvd.
2. Remove packet writing software from your system (including Roxio's Directcd, Nero's Incd, Roxio/Sonic's DragtoDisc, Drive Letter Access, CyberLink InstantBurn, etc.)
3. What protection does your game use? Don't know? Find out before posting about issues (and include that information)! Use Protection ID. It's a free program. Use ProtectionID and scan your HD directory where the game is installed (right click the icon on your toolbar, and select "scan files/folders"). Or just scan the main program .exe(s) that you find in the game directory on your hard drive. Provide the protection name and the version number.

4. You may need to enable "hide cd-r media" when running your backup from clonecd tray.

5. You should give Game Jackal a try.

Thanks for the tips - but I'm having a problem with ProtectionID. My security suite identifies the protectionid.exe file as containing a trojan program and automatically quarantines it. I've also gotten rid of my Roxio Media Creator program and all of it's related programs. Lastly, I tried the "hide cd-r" function - as mentioned in my original post - and was told that there was a "conflict with the emulation software detected".

edited to say - I'd like to use a backup disc if at all possible, although I'm considering Game Jackal as a last resort option.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips - but I'm having a problem with ProtectionID. My security suite identifies the protectionid.exe file as containing a trojan program and automatically quarantines it.

That's a false positive. Ignore that message . . .

Provided you downloaded from http://pid.gamecopyworld.com/ there is nothing to worry about.

Frankly, until you can identify the protection on the disc, there's no point in having this conversation.

You don't need to uninstall all of Roxio--just the directcd or whatever packet writing software is included.

What you can also do is try 5.3.0.5 with hide cd-r media: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1710

But as I said before, pretty pointless to continue this conversation without knowing what protection is on the original disc. Frankly, there are a number that no program can handle without some form of emulation (including Clonecd). Odds are that is the case here.

Odds are you should be trying Game Jackal instead.

Last edited:
-> Suspicious MZ Header..
[!] SecuROM Detected - Version 7.xx
- Scan Took : 0.281 Seconds

that's what protectionID came up with

-> Suspicious MZ Header..
[!] SecuROM Detected - Version 7.xx
- Scan Took : 0.281 Seconds

that's what protectionID came up with

Yeah, forget it then. Clonecd can't handle it (nothing really can without emulation . . . possibly for cd-rs, only an older Plextor Premium burner, but even then I'm skeptical).

Try Game Jackal.

Last edited:
Off topic :
possibly for cd-rs, only an older Plextor Premium burner, but even then I'm skeptical).

With specials programs, you can make 1:1 of securom 4.8* to 5. For securom 7.*, i don't try, because i haven't seen it on cd yet.

Is there any development down the road to eventually be able to backup the disks with Securom protection?

I don't think so.

If you want to keep the original in a safe place, try gamejackal.

Is there any development down the road to eventually be able to backup the disks with Securom protection?

They would need to combine the emulation of GameJackal with the burning features of Clonecd. And I have no idea if Slysoft ever plans on doing that, but it would probably be a valid suggestion (and perhaps you might be interested in sending Slysoft an email making that recommendation).

I need to read the forum rules before posting.

I should have read this:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=6&postcount=1

"Posting of Cracks or illegal serial numbers for any program or application in this forum will not be tolerated, Slysoft reserves the right to ban you from posting on this forum for the first infraction."

"This topic along with that of CRACKS is NOT TO BE TOLERATED!
Posting on the above topics, In the future, will be treated with much more vigour."

And if I ever post something like that again, I will probably be banned.
:policeman:

Last edited by a moderator:
no-cd/fixed exe is getting off the point here totally.. and if i remember right its also frowned upon....

please accept my apologies i was just trying to help it wont happen again:eek::eek:

Back