• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Private link to Cyberlink PowerDVD Ultra 3319 Ptach

kissel01

Does anyone have a private link to this latest patch that will allow playback of Fantastic 4 and Day After Tomorrow? It seems like a lot of people are asking about this.

These can no longer be shared on this forum if I remember right.

Does anyone have a private link to this latest patch that will allow playback of Fantastic 4 and Day After Tomorrow? It seems like a lot of people are asking about this.
Cyberlink has asked that we not provide links to download their products. If this is on there Website, go there and download it, if it is not, e-mail them.

As of yesterday, all you have to do is try to play one of the new Blu-Ray titles that won't rip. The message that popped up before that said ""A critical component of the player requires periodic update.New movies could fail to play if the component is not updated promptly.Would you like to update now?"
Just click "YES" and you will be directed to download the new patch. Just be warned that it took like 45 minutes for it to download though.

installing the 3319 results in me not being able to play BD anymore, so I reverted back to the 3401a - which strangely enough seems to have a higher version number, but an older build date... Is 3319 an OEM patch? What is it supposed to fix? In any case: when I use that one I cannot use my blu ray discs anymore as the soft tells me to get the latest updates, when I did that - it just repeated that pop-up message over and over.

installing the 3319 results in me not being able to play BD anymore, so I reverted back to the 3401a - which strangely enough seems to have a higher version number, but an older build date... Is 3319 an OEM patch? What is it supposed to fix? In any case: when I use that one I cannot use my blu ray discs anymore as the soft tells me to get the latest updates, when I did that - it just repeated that pop-up message over and over.

I upgraded and I'm not happy with the results and I don't even watch HD/BD movies. I ended up finding multiple instances of CLDrvChk.exe [after I had exited PowerDVD] running and my system slowed to a freakin' crawl. I'm going to switch back to 7.3.3104a.1.

In any case: when I use that one I cannot use my blu ray discs anymore as the soft tells me to get the latest updates, when I did that - it just repeated that pop-up message over and over.

First time poster, but I had the same experience, so I thought I'd give my thoughts as well...

After upgrading, any bluray disk I try to play (that used to work) gives me the 'update needed, download now' which does nothing, and the disk still won't play. There is no problem with HD-DVDs, only Blurays.

BUT... If I disable AnyDVD (I have a full HDCP path) the Blurays that previously failed to play, now play just fine (in PowerDVD with latest patch). It almost seems as if the new patch is detecting AnyDVD & then not playing.

Time to switch to Nero Showtime? Buy the $40 HD plugin and everything works with and without SlySoft products running. It simply ignores lockouts and prohibitions and all the other junk. Nero pays some kind of fee per HD plugin purchase so you're discs will play fine.

Time to switch to Nero Showtime? Buy the $40 HD plugin and everything works with and without SlySoft products running. It simply ignores lockouts and prohibitions and all the other junk. Nero pays some kind of fee per HD plugin purchase so you're discs will play fine.

Except a lot of people are finding showtime unstable, and it doesn't always let you use the chapter commands properly.

If you own a legal copy of Powerdvd get in touch with support. They sent me a full installer rather than an updater, and once I'd followed their instructions on how to remove everything from the old install and installed the full version everything is working fine

Ok Adbear, Ozzlander.

I'm having the same issue with upgrade van 3104a (not 3401a, my mistake) to 3391.

HD DVD would play here aswell, only blu ray wouldn't - posting up the update message (these are older blu ray discs I tried with, so it should not be due to the newer MKB).

Ripping of the disc and playing back from the HDD will work though. (though time and spaceconsuming to do so, I definately do not plan to do so for every movie - it should work).

I think I will ask Cyberlink support, I do own my power dvd ultra copy...

James, you have any ideas? (6.1.8.4 running here) Maybe they ARE looking to see AnyDVD HD is loaded, but I think not - since HD DVD plays back just fine with Any DVD HD enabled. My guess is rather it has something to do with regioncode or HDCP.

The problem is I need AnyDVD HD to work since all of my discs are region 1/A and I live in region 2/B. I use two screens connected via DVI (instead of one digital which is allowed by HDCP). One of the screens has a resolution of 2560x1600 natively (which is higher than HDCP allows, since it is only single link) + one is a HD Ready plasma. I.o.w. I NEED Any DVD HD to work to be able to play my Blu Ray discs.

if you're using a PC Blu-ray drive then it makes no difference what region the disc is as you just change the region in powerdvd, and if you end up using all 5 changes then just search for the guide on here on how to reset powerdvd to 5 again. On Blu-ray it's not the drive that is locked after 5 changes but the playback software

I think I will ask Cyberlink support, I do own my power dvd ultra copy...

I own my copy as well.

James, you have any ideas? (6.1.8.4 running here) Maybe they ARE looking to see AnyDVD HD is loaded, but I think not - since HD DVD plays back just fine with Any DVD HD enabled. My guess is rather it has something to do with regioncode or HDCP.

I'm running 6.1.7.0. Perhaps Cyberlink have decided to not play unencrypted bluray content from disk? (though I seem to remember other people playing them just fine?).

For me it isn't a major issue, as I rarely watch blurays or HD DVDs on my PC, but I can understand your frustration if you need it to watch blurays from a different region :)

I own my copy as well.

I'm running 6.1.7.0. Perhaps Cyberlink have decided to not play unencrypted bluray content from disk? (though I seem to remember other people playing them just fine?).

For me it isn't a major issue, as I rarely watch blurays or HD DVDs on my PC, but I can understand your frustration if you need it to watch blurays from a different region :)
Why would you use such an old version?

Why would you use such an old version?

Mostly because it works with what I have - when it doesn't, I'll upgrade (and actually recently, I've been putting it off until the MKB v4 issue is sorted, since I'll have Transformers late next week or early the week after) :)

Mostly because it works with what I have - when it doesn't, I'll upgrade (and actually recently, I've been putting it off until the MKB v4 issue is sorted, since I'll have Transformers late next week or early the week after) :)
Sometimes AnyDVD might do something you can't necessarily see happening. I don't see the point in using an old version until it fails.

Sometimes AnyDVD might do something you can't necessarily see happening. I don't see the point in using an old version until it fails.

Well, I don't usually wait until it stops working, but I also don't install every version as it comes along. I thought about installing 6.1.8.4 since it was a major rewrite, but since they should have the MKB v4 issue sorted in a week or so, I figured I'd wait for that.

Except a lot of people are finding showtime unstable, and it doesn't always let you use the chapter commands properly.

If you own a legal copy of Powerdvd get in touch with support. They sent me a full installer rather than an updater, and once I'd followed their instructions on how to remove everything from the old install and installed the full version everything is working fine

By no means is it perfect yet. The difference with Nero and CyberLink is that Nero pays a licensing fee for the right to circumvent certain protections as part of its creation software (The HD Plugin). I have no idea what that entails fully, nor do I really care. What I, and others, do care about is the fact that 99% of the discs of all three HD formats play with AnyDVD running. CyberLink, if it hasn't already, will eventually blacklist AnyDVD.
Other products have already done so. When it comes to paying for media, we vote with our dollars. Nero, for all their negatives, has always stayed in the same camp with Sly on the backup side of the street. All other reasons pro and vice aside, that alone is enough for my support. CyberLink has made it clear that it is against such tools as Sly offers. Over time you will need to hack away at CL-PDVD to get it to work with your latest AnyDVD, where Nero has a tendency to fix compatibility problems with Sly software (covertly) fairly regularly.

This is not true, they pay a licensing fee to be able to burn discs of your own (BDAV) format, and to be able to play back BDMV (commercial discs) but this does not circumvent the AACS copy protection at all or the HDCP protocols. It would make absolutely no sense for the studios etc to pay huge amounts of money to have these protections and then allow someone to pay them to circumvent them. The authoring side of Nero doesn't even touch AACS or HDCP, it doesn't allow you to use AACS on your discs as you can only put that on by paying a hefty fee at an authoring house, And it doesn't use the HDCP flags either

Back