• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Windows Media Center (Vista) to Disc

donewalking

I can record films/programs from TV. If i want to copy them to disc using CloneDVD how would i go about it ???? and how and what do i do ?? If i use Windows Media Player to burn it it takes me 4 hours
:bowdown: PLEASE HELP.
Donewalking

Last edited:
You can't directly. If a MOD moves this to 3rd party products I can tell you how to do it.

For Free:
Use VirtualDub to convert the file to MPEG2 with the audio codec set to AC3/ACM 320 (and the correct number of channels) and the video set to MPEG2 (Intel or Microsoft MPEG). On a system with atleast 1280Mb ram and a 2Ghz+ processor it should take an hour or less to do the convert. Then drop it into Windows Movie Maker the same way you've been doing. Should take about 15 minutes to half an hour.

For better quality (paid) try Nero Vision 5 (standalone or as part of Nero Ultra)
Chose Make A DVD -> DVD Video
Drag the file(s) into the first screen. You can add chapters if you want too, by using the options button. It can do it automatic or you can chose in that sub-menu. In options click Advanced Scan (or Pass) and then click through. You can add or remove a menu (I'd suggest disabled to give the full disc to the video for quality), and then burn it. The entire process should take an hour to an hour and a half.

Movie Maker takes forever on anything other than MPEG/MPEG2 and WMV because it will first convert from the original format (WSM for TV shows) to WMV. Then it converts from WMV to MPEG2. Don't ask:disagree:, it's microsoft, they do what they want. ;)

Last edited:
media centre to disc

:clap:Hi lostinlodos,
Thanks for the infomation, i will go and try that, it seems to be easy enough.
Do you know if you can copy PC DVD-ROM games straight to disc using AnyDVD and CloneDVD or will i need a seperate program ??
:bowdown: Again thanks for that.
Domewalking

Do you know if you can copy PC DVD-ROM games straight to disc using AnyDVD and CloneDVD or will i need a seperate program ??
Domewalking

No. You will need a combination of Clonecd and Game Jackal.

Domewalking

You will definitely need CCD. I would hold off on getting GJ until you're sure you need it. Game disc issues are over-reported. try your backup first before you purchase GJ. You may need it; you may not. IF you have an issue with using a backup then buy GJ.

You will definitely need CCD. I would hold off on getting GJ until you're sure you need it. Game disc issues are over-reported. try your backup first before you purchase GJ. You may need it; you may not. IF you have an issue with using a backup then buy GJ.

Most newer protections can not be handled by anything without emulation. Clonecd will not handle Securerom 7.x games. Game Jackal will.

copy PC DVD-ROM games

Hi,
8) I have copied it but did not use any slysoft programs im sorry to say, infact i used Cyberlink power to go and just used copy disc and had no problems all works perfect.
I e-mailed Slysoft last week and i was told AnyDVD and CloneDVD should do it but sadley no.
Thanks to :bowdown: lostinlodos for all your help with media centre to dvd & webslinger for your info.
Best regards to you both.
Donewalking

Back