• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

New CloneBD version

This newest version sucks and doesn't work at all. As soon as it starts to transcode it crashes. Was using the old version just fine and decided to update before starting to copy another disc and hasn't worked since. Update all my drivers and tried every setting and still just crashes. I just wish I can download previous version somewhere and finish my backing up copies prodject. As it stands now I guess I just need to wait for a version to come out that actually works.

This newest version sucks and doesn't work at all. As soon as it starts to transcode it crashes. Was using the old version just fine and decided to update before starting to copy another disc and hasn't worked since. Update all my drivers and tried every setting and still just crashes. I just wish I can download previous version somewhere and finish my backing up copies prodject. As it stands now I guess I just need to wait for a version to come out that actually works.
Please go to Videohelp dot com/software/CloneBD/old-versions, and you can download clean, previous versions of CloneBD, if you wish.

Note: What I typed above is so that you don't accidentally go to a bad site. For example, I would put in
Code:
 The RedFox Project | Backup DVD, Blu-Ray, Netflix, Amazon

However, it was still good of you to supply the Dump file, so that elby can work on fixing the latest version of CloneBD.

:thankyou:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you very much whatever_gong82. Got last version installed and back up and running. Trying to do away with all my DVDs and Blu-Rays and just have everything on network storage and past the 400 movie mark and just have a few left then software stops working with the update. After spending every second of free time on this project in last few weeks and being just about done, the software update crash issue had me pretty frustrated.

Honestly, the fact that this new version has problems I take as a good thing. Why? Because if all that was done was some minor fixes this would not be the case. It would seem some parts of the internals have been heavily modified. Or so I assume. I look to future updates to solve the issues we have now and then we will ultimately have a much better product.

This assumes of course a more vibrant release schedule than what we have previously seen but I am personally sure that will be the case.

Thank you very much whatever_gong82. Got last version installed and back up and running. Trying to do away with all my DVDs and Blu-Rays and just have everything on network storage and past the 400 movie mark and just have a few left then software stops working with the update. After spending every second of free time on this project in last few weeks and being just about done, the software update crash issue had me pretty frustrated.
You're welcome, @Aaron Colby.

Good luck with getting your Blu-rays and DVDs backed up.

:)

This newest version sucks
The disc preview feature is seriously borked. I use it to check for Cinavia. Skip ahead and CloneBD crashes. Yes, it creates a dump file, I emailed it to Elby. 1.2.9.2 didn't have this problem.

Even playing back an ISO the app dies.

This is not good.

Rollback to 1.2.9.2 and the preview player again works as expected.

Please go to Videohelp dot com/software/CloneBD/old-versions, and you can download clean, previous versions of CloneBD, if you wish.
I keep a backup of EVERYTHING I download from the interwebs. Apps, pictures, movies, etc. Been doing it since before 1998. Makes it easy to "rollback" an app with a saved copy of a prior version. I just used my backup for CBD 1.2.9.2. Uninstalled 1.3.0.0, kept the registration info, and reinstalled 1.2.9.2. Now things are working again. :)

Not that is matters but for anyone curious I've got about 255+ DVDs of backed-up "stuff." Most are single layer, some are double-layer. I have a lot of duplicated downloads, but better to be safe than sorry. I even have the ISOs of each physical DVD backed up on two 3T hard-drives so if the physical media should go bad I can still retrieve what I'm looking for.

Last edited:
Oh, and I disabled the "check for new version", so CBD won't nag me that I am using a previous version.

As I wrote recently: No problems for me with Win 10 and a Geforce 1060 GTX 6GB. All useres with problems that I know in real are on Win 11 and have new hardware like the geforce 3070 or higher.
Maybe I´m wrong but this can´t be a concidence in my opnion. It would be good to see wich win version is in use and wich graphic card was utilized.
Would be very intresting to see what we find out.

Good point @DaveO88. Even though there might be a causal relation with this problem. If you remember on earlyer CBD versions, there was a problem with newer driver versions. Going back to an older driver version solved it in Win 10.
I think there will be a solution soon for all users with this special problem.

It's not a bug. Please don't try to classify it as that. It was an implementation decision. The idea being that because Dolby Vision is stored in an m2ts file as two separate video tracks, they would just put those tracks in the MKV container. Thus keeping the exact same data just moving it to a new container. BUT....that doesn't work for us at all. Because nothing out there can do anything with that track. So this was a decision, not a bug.
It was an implementation decision to make it not work. Sorry have to laugh at that even though I know what you mean ;-)

It was an implementation decision to make it not work. Sorry have to laugh at that even though I know what you mean ;-)

Yes, it actually was. Because CloneBD simply repackages streams and since Dolby Vision has 2 video streams, they just shoved those into an MKV container and called it good. It wasn't tested, clearly. MP4 is different in that the Dolby video decoders have a standard to follow there which indeed uses the 2 video streams. So yes, they made an implementation decision to make it not work.

Yes, it actually was. Because CloneBD simply repackages streams and since Dolby Vision has 2 video streams, they just shoved those into an MKV container and called it good. It wasn't tested, clearly. MP4 is different in that the Dolby video decoders have a standard to follow there which indeed uses the 2 video streams. So yes, they made an implementation decision to make it not work.
I clearly doubt that is was done intentionally. Whoever made that decision was unaware of the unofficial standard created by Mike from makemkv and the MKV guys.

It is definitely an issue with windows 11. I never had any issues before when on windows 10. Ever since I rebuilt my system with windows 11. I have had the transcoder issue everytime I try to back something up.

I have emailed the log files to Elby and they said that wasn't enough. So I replied back with the exact steps I took and have heard no response.

It is not an issue with my system because I was able to download makeMKV and it transcoded just fine.

I really hope they respond to me and resolve the issue soon. Because I like CBD but right now it is useless.

Not sure if this was intentional, but I just realized my newest copy is watermarked. I'm using the free version and had no issues 1.2.9.0. I do a straight copy to folder of the main title without compression, conversion to mp4 or mkv or anything which should be included in the free version. I just grab the one title and include the audio tracks and subtitles. With the new version, doing the same process the video is now watermarked. Sorry I don't have a log file, I had already deleted it and I've rolled back to 1.2.9.0.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 13
Was the compression control really all the way to the right? A screenshot of your settings and a log would be best.

Was the compression control really all the way to the right? A screenshot of your settings and a log would be best.
Not used this new version but at some point in the last few they changed that to be set at not full and I always had to remember to set it all the way to the right. It seems like that should be the default or just remember the last setting used.

Not used this new version but at some point in the last few they changed that to be set at not full and I always had to remember to set it all the way to the right. It seems like that should be the default or just remember the last setting used.

Interesting. Maybe I missed that and just assumed it would be at the last setting used.

I've been waiting for this for over a year and it's still not fixed in version 1.3.1.0
My patience is running out...
Did you open a support ticket?

Back