• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

28 weeks later & Wrong turn 2

antisabre

cant back-up either of these. heres some screenies.
warning.jpg

setting.jpg

status.jpg

28weeksstatus.jpg

i noticed that in the status it says that the AI scanner failed, i've tried using all the settings with no luck. I've tried in both Shrink 3.2 and clonedvd 2.9.1.2. I was able to back-up another newer movie 'Unholy' without a problem. Just seems like its these 2 movies.

i used latest anydvd and clonedvd region 1 and had no problem

@ antisabre,

Welcome to the Forum.

Under AnyDVD “AI Scanner” there are 5 different options (Disable/Default/Fast/Thorough/Deep Scan). Under “AI Scanner” option settings have you tried “Disable” and if so did this have any effect in correcting your “problem”?

Regards,
Coaster

1. There's no protection on 28 Weeks Later R1 other than RCE and CSS. Your original disc is likely defective.

Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. With Anydvd running in the background, select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is (probably) bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

2. Do step 10 from here: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=321

i've tried ripping them through anydvd. I tried again to get the logs and 28 weeks later now ripped fine. but wrong turn still doesnt.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_log.txt
    11 KB · Views: 6
i've tried all the settings for the AI scanner.
i'm running the nero cd-dvd speed program on the disc now.

here, sorry.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_WRONGTURN2_UNRATED_REDUX.zip
    51.5 KB · Views: 5
here, sorry.

Thank you.

For Wrong Turn 2

1. Disable the A.I. Scanner.

2. With the scanner disabled, click the red fox icon in your system tray. Select "status" on the left hand side of your screen. With the original Wrong Turn 2 disc inserted in your computer, click the appropriate drive tab letter (the drive containing the disc) in Anydvd. In the window below the drive letter (just right click in the window and choose "select all" and then "copy"), copy and paste (right click, select "paste") the information into your next reply on these forums.

Last edited:
Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.1.8.4)
LITE-ON DVD+RW LDW-401S ES0M 2004/06/29 15:51
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1965792 sectors (3839 MBytes)
Total size: 3590366 sectors (7012 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: WRONGTURN2_UNRATED_REDUX
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

Found & removed RCE protection!
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Based on your experience with 28 Days later, Anydvd isn't working properly on your system (possibly a third party program is interfering). It seems as though after you reboot, it works properly.

Last edited:
Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.1.8.4)
LITE-ON DVD+RW LDW-401S ES0M 2004/06/29 15:51
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1965792 sectors (3839 MBytes)
Total size: 3590366 sectors (7012 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: WRONGTURN2_UNRATED_REDUX
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

Found & removed RCE protection!
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

O.k., the problem has nothing to do with the scanner. There's no protection on this disc other than CSS. Put the scanner back to default. Anydvd simply isn't working properly on your system for some reason.

Do you had an ide burner?

i. For XP with ide burners
Click this

Do what it says to do if you have XP and an ide burner/optical drive.

ii. For Vista with ide burners

Go into device manager, and check to ensure you're using standard Microsoft ide busmaster drivers.

Right click on your PCI IDE Bus Master controller, and remove it. Ensure that it also removes the driver for your DVD/CD rom. Reboot. Your system should find hardware. After your system is finished installing hardware, reboot again.

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=48880&postcount=20 to get a better idea of what I'm asking for if you're using Vista.

i've tried ripping them through anydvd. I tried again to get the logs and 28 weeks later now ripped fine.

You rebooted? Or just turned on your computer? And then it worked?

Does the problem go away after you reboot?

StarWind iSCSI Service appears to be running on your system (installed by Alcohol 120%). Have you tried disabling it?

Do you require virtual drive network sharing?

You can do this now if you want with Wrong Turn 2:

Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. Disable Anydvd. In cd-dvd select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is (probably) bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

It's possible that you have a bad original disc, but I'm leaning towards either a bad ide busmaster controller or sata controller--or you have a third party program on your system that's interfering with Anydvd (and I'd start by disabling (StarWindServiceAE).

i did whats said for the 'For XP with ide burners'

28 weeks later just ripped. i've rebooted my system many times while installing and uninstalling things and rebooting never helped. i dont know why it ripped when it did. it wasnt after a reboot.

i uninstalled Alcohol 120%. so StarWindServiceAE is no longer a possible issue.

"Do you require virtual drive network sharing?" no

i'll try running nero cd-dvd speed now.

as far as a third party program interfering, i've never had a problem until these 2 movies. I have not recently installed anything new, and even backed up a different movie during the time when i was having problems with these 2. At this point i'll see what nero speed comes up with, but i'll probably return the movie and get a different copy. thanks for your help

Back