• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD 22 Ultra released

https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=26690

They also warn against updating the os and/or Intel drivers without first ensuring sgx isn't broken or removed.

My only point here is that while it works right now, I'd personally not be buying it on the premise that it'll always remain working. Cyberlink has made it clear that once Intel or windows removes the deprecated support the party is over for official playback.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

The driver is being installed by windows update. It's still a driver whether you install it manually or whether it's installed by windows. And it's a driver that will not get any further updates. If it continues to work, great that's wonderful. My point is that it's not guaranteed and if it breaks, there won't be an updated driver to fix it. In case you think that's an impossible scenario consider the driver that's installed is certainly not version 1.0.0.0 and windows updates break drivers all the time. It's not their intention to do so but windows is not a static environment. But hey, you can always get lucky and the driver will continue to work until the hardware fails and has to be replaced. It's possible.

The hype would lead to the conclusion that SGX is no longer being developed, but has actually only been “deprecated from the 11th and 12th generation Intel Core Processors, but development continues”.

https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=26690

They also warn against updating the os and/or Intel drivers without first ensuring sgx isn't broken or removed.

My only point here is that while it works right now, I'd personally not be buying it on the premise that it'll always remain working. Cyberlink has made it clear that once Intel or windows removes the deprecated support the party is over for official playback.

Cyberlink is faster in removing features than adding them.
HD-DVD discontinued? Remove HD DVD support ASAP! People who own drives & discs? Don't care! (PowerDVD 7 beeing the last HD-DVD capable version)
Nvidia drops 3D support? Remove 3D support ASAP! People who own working graphic cards & discs? Don't care! (PowerDVD 19 beeing the last 3D capable version)

On PCs I switched to VLC and MPC long time ago. In a nutshelI I would say PowerDVD - regardless which version - is quite crippled if you don't have AnyDVD on that PC.

On PCs I switched to VLC and MPC long time ago. In a nutshelI I would say PowerDVD - regardless which version - is quite crippled if you don't have AnyDVD on that PC.

I’ve been able to play 4kUHD blu-Ray media, initially with PowerDVD 17 Ultra, since first setting up an SGX compliant Kaby Lake/Pioneer 4K UHD internal player platform in 2017. Recently upgraded to a Coffee Lake platform running Windows 11, still working OK.

I’ve been able to play 4kUHD blu-Ray media, initially with PowerDVD 17 Ultra, since first setting up an SGX compliant Kaby Lake/Pioneer 4K UHD internal player platform in 2017. Recently upgraded to a Coffee Lake platform running Windows 11, still working OK.
You are ignoring all AMD systems or the newer Alder Lake Intel generation. Do you think that is OK for everyone besides you?

You are ignoring all AMD systems or the newer Alder Lake Intel generation. Do you think that is OK for everyone besides you?

No strong feelings one way or the other, I built a platform to meet the PowerDVD Ultra playback requirements for playing UHD blu-ray media back in 2017, but I also use AnyDVD HD and have been a loyal user of Anydvd since the days of slysoft (2007).
Use the solution that works for you. It's always useful to have alternatives.

No strong feelings one way or the other, I built a platform to meet the PowerDVD Ultra playback requirements for playing UHD blu-ray media back in 2017, but I also use AnyDVD HD and have been a loyal user of Anydvd since the days of slysoft (2007).
Use the solution that works for you. It's always useful to have alternatives.
That's OK. I understand. Others are most likely owning AnyDVD anyway and then it's a non-issue in this forum. For the general public it's a hazzle.

Cyberlink is faster in removing features than adding them.
HD-DVD discontinued? Remove HD DVD support ASAP! People who own drives & discs? Don't care! (PowerDVD 7 beeing the last HD-DVD capable version)
Nvidia drops 3D support? Remove 3D support ASAP! People who own working graphic cards & discs? Don't care! (PowerDVD 19 beeing the last 3D capable version)
And, as a reminder to anyone that reads this Forum, Cyberlink has said in the past that if ever there is any post April 2020 update for any version of PowerDVD from 19 on down (12-18,) that the update will remove support for 3D:

Code:
Customer Support - The 3D media playback feature is no longer supported in new versions of PowerDVD released after April 2020. | CyberLink

There hasn't been a reason to upgrade in many years. I grabbed 21 because it had the ability to play discs with the protection removed without the stupidity of SGX requirements. But I've never ACTUALLY used it to watch a movie. Third party software has far surpassed whatever Cyberlink claims to provide at this point. In all my UHD's I've tried, I've yet to find one that doesn't work with full menus with JRiver MC. Yet I keep reading people saying things "well if you want the FULL UHD experience with no compromises you NEED an official player." Oh yea? While I'm sure there's a disc here and there that might not work with menus on JRiver or other libbluray supporting players, they are the exception not the rule. Yet to read all the "OMGZ PONIES you MUST have an official player" nonsense out there you'd think menus NEVER work in anything BUT an official player EVER. lol Being able to extract a disc is their "new feature for the year". Um, JRiver has been able to do that for many, MANY years now, as well. I'm not going to continue wasting money on the overpriced under-featured Cyberlink software at this point. And without SGX support, they aren't even an official player anymore ANYWAY. So what, exactly, is the advantage now?
What third party software do you mean?

PowerDVD 22 Ultra on sale (30% Off) for $79.99 through July 4th:

Code:
https://www.cyberlink.com/index_en_US.html

I guess that the sales for PowerDVD 22 are kind of flat, so they're pulling all the stops out to increase sales.

The only use I have for it, is its ability to properly play the admittedly unusual (and BD-J) Dragon's Lair / Space Ace BDs. Couldn't do so with JRiver and others.

Last edited:
I wish to upgrade to pd 22 from my version 20.

How low does the upgrade prices generally go?

if i remember correctly, 30% is on the high side. I believe normally 20% off max.

Is HDR to SDR a new feature in v22 or was it also in previous versions? Did anyone try it, is the conversion good?
I don't know the answer to that, I was only posting what Cyberlink was touting as a new feature about PowerDVD.

Back