• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Twilight Zone Rippable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mick2006

Does anyone know if either the blu ray and/or HD DVD version of Twilight Zone The Movie is rippable? Thanks in advance.

Does anyone know if either the blu ray and/or HD DVD version of Twilight Zone The Movie is rippable? Thanks in advance.

I have a better idea. Why don't you try it out and report back to the forum?

mick2006,

the product is copyrighted - you can't just "do what you want with it"...
Same goes for any copyrighted product.

However, a number of countries (not all) copyright laws allow for making a backup for own use (i.e. not use the copy or original to lend or sell it to family, friends, or whomever)

mick2006,

the product is copyrighted - you can't just "do what you want with it"...
Same goes for any copyrighted product.

However, a number of countries (not all) copyright laws allow for making a backup for own use (i.e. not use the copy or original to lend or sell it to family, friends, or whomever)

I think you might be in the wrong forum stormland-most of us here are about fair rights usage-if I buy my copy and then want to put it on my PC or media streamer that should be my right as a customer. At least that is the way I see it and I think just about everyone else on these forums sees it that way too.

verified working:

Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD 6.1.7.4)
TOSHIBA DVD/HDX807616 MC08 10/03/06
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a HD DVD.
Booktype: hd-dvd (version 3), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 3818464 sectors (7457 MBytes)
Total size: 7636928 sectors (14915 MBytes)
Video HD DVD label: TWILIGHT_ZONE_HD_DVD
Media is AACS protected!
Removed AACS copy protection!

peace, chris

Mick2006,

my point is that you cannot just do whatever you want with it, even if you THINK it is your right - only IF it is your right to do so. Making a single fair use copy may be your right under your local law, BUT it doesn't mean you can do whatever you want do with it. You can't e.g. make a copy and sell it, which could be "whatever you want to do with it" aswell - but that's definately not the only thing you cannot just do with it...

If you are thinking that no people are using AnyDVD HD to make copies and sell or give them to other people you are either a hypocrite or very naïve...

That doesn't ofcourse mean that SlySoft condones that kind of use for their software or that all of us on this forum do exactly that.

verified working:

Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD 6.1.7.4)
TOSHIBA DVD/HDX807616 MC08 10/03/06
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a HD DVD.
Booktype: hd-dvd (version 3), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 3818464 sectors (7457 MBytes)
Total size: 7636928 sectors (14915 MBytes)
Video HD DVD label: TWILIGHT_ZONE_HD_DVD
Media is AACS protected!
Removed AACS copy protection!

peace, chris

Thanks for the info.

Mick2006,

my point is that you cannot just do whatever you want with it, even if you THINK it is your right - only IF it is your right to do so. Making a single fair use copy may be your right under your local law, BUT it doesn't mean you can do whatever you want do with it. You can't e.g. make a copy and sell it, which could be "whatever you want to do with it" aswell - but that's definately not the only thing you cannot just do with it...

If you are thinking that no people are using AnyDVD HD to make copies and sell or give them to other people you are either a hypocrite or very naïve...

That doesn't ofcourse mean that SlySoft condones that kind of use for their software or that all of us on this forum do exactly that.
We all know all this, why are you even bothering to bring it up here? He never said he wanted to sell copies of the movie or anything else.

We all know all this, why are you even bothering to bring it up here? He never said he wanted to sell copies of the movie or anything else.

Thanks for the support Adbear, I sent stormland a private message becuase this kind of stuff doesn't belong in the forums.

First of all,

I'm not called Stormland - and secondly, you insinuated piracy by stating "wanting to do whatever you want with it". It's copyrighted, so you cannot do whatever you want with it, and no: apparantly not everybody around knows - just a few weeks ago we had a guy called "trader" clearly inviting people to trade high def images of copyrighted works.

Just making insinuations like that can get slysoft into trouble, even if they are well intended. (which is probably something none of us want, or do we?)

Keep in mind MPAA and RIAA lawyers are most likely browsing through this forum on a regular basis too.

First of all,

I'm not called Stormland - and secondly, you insinuated piracy by stating "wanting to do whatever you want with it". It's copyrighted, so you cannot do whatever you want with it, and no: apparantly not everybody around knows - just a few weeks ago we had a guy called "trader" clearly inviting people to trade high def images of copyrighted works.

Just making insinuations like that can get slysoft into trouble, even if they are well intended. (which is probably something none of us want, or do we?)

Keep in mind MPAA and RIAA lawyers are most likely browsing through this forum on a regular basis too.
You just don't seem to be able to let it go, we don't need these kinds of comments here, His comments in the earlier post are in no way the same as someone inviting people to trade, so why do you keep bringing it up?

I'd just drop it before both of you end up in trouble and the thread just gets lock.

*sigh*

Stop bickering. :policeman:

Thank you.

Mick2006's meaning/diction may have been vague, but that does not imply he was promoting piracy.

Next time I write something in here this thread gets locked, and then I start considering who needs a week or so away from the forums.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back