• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Any News ON AACS MKB4?

mick2006

Any of you slysoft guys know approximately how long it will be until the next update includes AACS MKB4 for HD DVD?

Will that update for the AACS MKBv4 work for the new BLU-RAY titles too or just the new HD-DVDs?

Will that update for the AACS MKBv4 work for the new BLU-RAY titles too or just the new HD-DVDs?

It will work for Blu-ray titles without BD+. So define "the new" titles. :)
BD+ will take a little longer.

Considering how much money and effort they put into these protections, a little longer would be funny. Spend millions in development and get a few weeks of protection out of it. Sony and Fox would really deserve that.

thats exactly what happens every time they release a new form of copy protection. :D:D

BD+ - can it kill my drive ?

It will work for Blu-ray titles without BD+. So define "the new" titles. :)

I heard BD+ can access the FW of your drive and change it. Making your drive a brick if you attempt to rip a disc that has BD+.
I think we should avoid trying BD discs that have BD+ until this is cleared up.

I am a bit Worried !!!

I heard BD+ can access the FW of your drive and change it. Making your drive a brick if you attempt to rip a disc that has BD+.
I think we should avoid trying BD discs that have BD+ until this is cleared up.

I am a bit Worried !!!
Please don't worry. Just watch the regular discs until this is sorted.:agree:

I doubt that very much, imagine the headlines "Blu-Rays can destroy your computer" and the lawsuits coming with it.

Define "ripping". It's not useful to become paranoid because of something you may have heard. Now, if you were to try and play back a ripped disc that didn't have the protection fully removed, sure, I could see BD+ doing something bad. But, simply reading the disc? Yea, um, no. The definition of ripping is to read the contents of the disc. There's no way they would fry your drive for doing that. They can't distinguish between a ripping program and a player. So, relax, enjoy your movies, and wait patiently like the rest of us for Slysoft to work their magic on this stuff. If they come out with a version of AnyDVD HD that says it copies Blu-ray titles, you can be rest assured it'll do so without frying your drive. :)

Back