• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Remote Software Disabling

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Filsinger

Slyfox, Redfox, or whomever the thief is,

I bought lifetime licenses for AnyDVD, CloneCD, Clone DVD, and CloneDVD Mobile several years ago, but now I get an error code on CloneDVD and CloneDVD Mobile showing that my licenses have expired. I am still alive, so my licenses cannot be expired. You have NO RIGHT to disable software I purchased.

The thief's response: "SlySoft Inc. in Antigua got closed in February 2016 and SlySoft's management decided to just vanish without caring for customers or employees. Left without a job but with the backup of the forum community, former SlySoft developers and staff members decided to continue development and founded "The RedFox Project. You will need to purchase a RedFox license to continue to use AnyDVD HD. You can request a trial license in the new version to use it for 21 days before you order. John."

So not only does the original company abandon me with my lifetime licenses, but former employees also screw me over and disable all of my Slyfox software (via my internet connection) I already paid LIFETIME licenses for. If you are going to disable my software, I want my money refunded (approximately $320 US). Until that happens, I will trash your name and product to anyone who will listen.

What do you thieves have to say for yourselves?

I hope your company goes bankrupt, as your values and morals apparently are...

*Yawn*

The original company didn't "abandon" you, SlySoft was brutally murdered by the US government. Blame them, the true perpetrators.

Companies go out of business all the time, for various reasons. SlySoft's demise was rather sudden.

Everyone was affected by what happened, users and developers alike. There was nothing anyone could do to prevent it.

Most people, myself included, realized the devs weren't at fault for what happened.

A LIFETIME license is for the lifetime of the company. SlySoft is no more, it is pushing up daisies.

The devs didn't need to restart development, but a HUUUUGE demand/request from us users made it happen.

All the money you had paid for your SlySoft icense(s) went to the owner of the company, NOT the devs. Continuing active development of the software requires MONEY. Something the devs didn't have.

No one liked having to pay for new licenses, but there was no way to continue without the influx of money.

If you want to get continuing world-class video media decryption you can cease whinging and at least consider paying for a new license. After all that is what every continuing AnyDVD user had to do. You are not the only person who got screwed by what happened.

Pax, I'm done reading old news.

This may be old news to you, but it's news to me. BTW, nice job of missing the whole point.

I don't care if Slysoft went out of business. RedFox does not have the right to disable my Slysoft software from working. I don't want continuing Redfox's updates! I want my old Slysoft software to work.

If this company is allowed to do this, then YOU are creating the very environment for it to happen again by paying twice!

$320 may come easy to you, but not me.

I see you are a well-known member. I don't appreciate your dismissive rudeness in saying I am whining when it is a legitimate issue.

Ugh, this again. If you had actually read the "old news" you'd get your facts straight.

Slyfox, Redfox, or whomever the thief is,

I bought lifetime licenses for AnyDVD, CloneCD, Clone DVD, and CloneDVD Mobile several years ago, but now I get an error code on CloneDVD and CloneDVD Mobile showing that my licenses have expired. I am still alive, so my licenses cannot be expired. You have NO RIGHT to disable software I purchased.

Might wanna check your facts. CloneCD/CloneDVD and every other product EXCEPT AnyDVD can still be registered and used JUST FINE with Slysoft issued license keys. The only product affected by the forced shutdown is AnyDVD, its also the ONLY PRODUCT a new version was released for requiring new licenses issued by redfox.

The thief's response: "SlySoft Inc. in Antigua got closed in February 2016 and SlySoft's management decided to just vanish without caring for customers or employees. Left without a job but with the backup of the forum community, former SlySoft developers and staff members decided to continue development and founded "The RedFox Project. You will need to purchase a RedFox license to continue to use AnyDVD HD. You can request a trial license in the new version to use it for 21 days before you order. John."

That is a given fact. The only "thief" here if Giancarlo Bettini the owner of Slysoft that ran with any available funds, but only AFTER SLYSOFT WAS FORCIBLY SHUT DOWN BY THE ANTIGUAN AUTHORITIES under pressure of the US MPAA/AACS-LA.

So not only does the original company abandon me with my lifetime licenses, but former employees also screw me over and disable all of my Slyfox software (via my internet connection) I already paid LIFETIME licenses for. If you are going to disable my software, I want my money refunded (approximately $320 US). Until that happens, I will trash your name and product to anyone who will listen.

What do you thieves have to say for yourselves?

Slysoft didn't disable anything, the MPAA/AACS-LA did, when they forced the antiguan authorities to shut slysoft down, they took yours; mine; and everyone else's license with them when they did and shut any and all servers down. Since All products except AnyDVD remain unaffected your "loss" of 320$ goes down to around $110 tops for a lifetime. Now given the actual lifetime of slysoft of over 10 years, that means you paid $11 a year until it got forcibly shut down. Woohoo a whole wopping $11 a year, rent a few movies and you already paid more. Go to the cinema? Again paid more in 1 ticket.

Now as to the whole trashing, that would be slader and defamation, and actually potentially make YOU liable for a lawsuit. Not that its gonna happen.

I hope your company goes bankrupt, as your values and morals apparently are...

There is no company to go bankrupt. Just a project of independent developers working together on a revamped version of the original. And how do you pay for new staff, new servers,... Right you sell new licenses. You try living off the original $11 a year you paid a decade ago. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Did you really just register to rehash old news with half-baked conclusions without really reading and understanding the facts?

Now, now guys lets tone it down, we are in the Foxden now. :whistle:

RedFox does not have the right to disable my Slysoft software from working.

RedFox did NOT disable your licenses, they are still working.
AnyDVD working with SlySoft keys got a final update in March 2016, you can download (and use the software with your key) here:
https://www.redfox.bz/download/SetupAnyDVD7695.exe

All other products (CloneDVD, CloneDVDmobile, CloneCD) should still work with your license you purchased from SlySoft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back