• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Conflict with AnyDVD version 6184

bigbadj

I am having a software conflict with the new AnyDVD version 6184 and PC Tools-Spyware Doctor version 5.0.1.205. From what I can gather, running Spyware Doctor with AnyDVD version 6184 enabled creates the "blue screen of death" and forces a reboot.
I am running Windows XP fully updated. If I disable AnyDVD BEFORE running Spyware no conflict exsists.

In addition, I have loaded and run previous versions of AnyDVD with no software conflicts at all. I have uninstalled, reinstalled AnyDVD etc. as well as Spyware Doctor with no solution to the conflict.

I guess I can disable AnyDVD when I wish to run Spyware but obviously I would prefer a better solution to the conflict. Can SlySoft or anyone help?

Thank you, bigbadj

Last edited:
How about going into your spyware program and telling it that the anydvd exe is fine and allow it? I know of allot of people that had to do this with other spyware programs that were bought.

The problem is with Spyware DR. It is picking up false positives. AnyDVD contains no spyware.

Oldjoe,
I realize AnyDVD does not contain spyware. I believe the problem is a conflict in resident drivers It is this conflict in memory that cause the "blue screen" and automatic reboot. I can find no place in Spyware Doctor to "allow" anything. Thanks for your post.
bigbadj

Wht not remove that and install adaware or spybot search and destroy? They are just as good if not better?

Yes I know you paid for it and I did the same with Norton too when something is a headache take the loss and move to what works. oldjoe may agree as well as others.

@ bigbadj,

Welcome to the Forum.

Your problem lies in the PC Tools Software’s Spyware Doctor and not the SlySoft’s AnyDVD software program.

Suggest reviewing the Spyware Doctor’s “Settings” configuration page to allow AnyDVD.Exe to function correctly.

If configurating Spyware Doctor to allow AnyDVD.Exe to function unimpeded does not work suggest that you contact PC Tools Software’s Technical Support (http://www.pctools.com/contact/support/product/spyware-doctor) and inform them that there “is a conflict in resident drivers”.

Regards,
Coaster

You guys seem to be completely missing the point. Carefully re-read his posts. This is not a "false positive." Adding anydvd.exe to the ignore list in Spyware Doctor will not fix the problem. This is a BSOD... if AnyDVD 6.1.8.4 is running, starting Spyware Doctor blue screens the system and the only recovery from that point is to reboot.

I would say if older versions of AnyDVD do not cause this problem, but 6.1.8.4 does, then AnyDVD coders may want to look further into this, as it may cause other conflicts as well.

Otherwise, simply turn off AnyDVD when running Spyware Doctor.

Seriously, if he writes to PC Tool's tech support and says, "Slysoft just released a new version of their AnyDVD program which now makes the system BSOD when Spyware Doctor starts," what do you think they are going to say?

You guys seem to be completely missing the point. Carefully re-read his posts. This is not a "false positive." Adding anydvd.exe to the ignore list in Spyware Doctor will not fix the problem. This is a BSOD... if AnyDVD 6.1.8.4 is running, starting Spyware Doctor blue screens the system and the only recovery from that point is to reboot.

I would say if older versions of AnyDVD do not cause this problem, but 6.1.8.4 does, then AnyDVD coders may want to look further into this, as it may cause other conflicts as well.

Otherwise, simply turn off AnyDVD when running Spyware Doctor.

Seriously, if he writes to PC Tool's tech support and says, "Slysoft just released a new version of their AnyDVD program which now makes the system BSOD when Spyware Doctor starts," what do you think they are going to say?

good point, i'm with that :agree:

I bet if Spyware Doctor is removed completely then he reboots all will be well to I bet.

are any other users of spyware doctor and anydvd having the same problem?

i much rather use ad aware than sd. i always had an issue w/ it plus it made my computer take forever to boot. i would can the sd.

Dump SD

I bet if Spyware Doctor is removed completely then he reboots all will be well to I bet.

I agree, get rid of SPYWare Dr. why do you even need a spyware program? Quit using IE and all will be well and at the very least you could run SPYBOT and Ad-Aware when needed. Ever since I switched to FF no need for a spyware program. :agree: So get rid of IE and you won't need to worry about getting a BSOD with AnyDvd anymore because you can get rid of your SWD. Rock on!!

Maybe it was just luck with previous versions? Driver load order? Or just a coincidence? There were no dramatic changes made to the drivers which might cause a conflict.
It would be interesting to know what the BSOD actually said.

When Forum Member bigbadj has AnyDVD v6.1.8.4 is actively running in the background and runs PC Tools-Spyware Doctor the PC Tools Spyware Doctor software program trips, stubbles and triggers BSOD. This is a PC Tools Spyware Doctor problem and not an AnyDVD v6.1.8.4 problem.

Pelvis Popcan said:
…..Seriously, if (Forum Member bigbadj)writes to PC Tool's tech support and says, "Slysoft just released a new version of their AnyDVD program which now makes the system BSOD when Spyware Doctor starts," what do you think they are going to say?….

Forum Member bigbadj is running PC Tools Spyware Doctor version 5.0.1.205, which is an old out dated obsolete version. The most current up to date version of PC Tools Spyware Doctor is version 5.1.0.272. I would assume PC Tools Software’s Technical Support would suggest that Forum Member bigbadj use the most current up date version of PC Tools Spyware Doctor.

Regards,
Coaster

Last edited:
I am having a software conflict with the new AnyDVD version 6184 and PC Tools-Spyware Doctor version 5.0.1.205. From what I can gather, running Spyware Doctor with AnyDVD version 6184 enabled creates the "blue screen of death" and forces a reboot.
I am running Windows XP fully updated. If I disable AnyDVD BEFORE running Spyware no conflict exsists.

In addition, I have loaded and run previous versions of AnyDVD with no software conflicts at all. I have uninstalled, reinstalled AnyDVD etc. as well as Spyware Doctor with no solution to the conflict.

I guess I can disable AnyDVD when I wish to run Spyware but obviously I would prefer a better solution to the conflict. Can SlySoft or anyone help?

Thank you, bigbadj
This is not a problem with AnyDVD or Spyware Doctor. It a problem of you not going to the PC Tools update page and reading the install instuctions. You have to completely uninstall all other versions of Spyware Doctor. Then reininstall the new version. You cannot
install this version of Spyware Doctor over the previous version.

I am running Spyware Doctor, 5.0.5.259, with AndDvd 6.1.8.4 and do not have any conflicts. However it is a very powerful program and I have found that I cannot download most software updates without disabling it. I always get error notes. I have noticed this when I download AnyDvd updates as well.

Back