• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Nero 8.1.1.0b released

DrinkLyeAndDie

Retired Moderator
An update was released for Nero 8. I haven't run across any release notes for it.

Webslinger might be please to also note that if you go here you will find that you can download the full CHM help files individually or they now offer an all-in-one SFX installer for them (here).

An update was released for Nero 8. I haven't run across any release notes for it.

Webslinger might be please to also note that if you go here you will find that you can download the full CHM help files individually or they now offer an all-in-one SFX installer for them (here).

Thanks for the heads up. :D

That was the first thing I noticed, actually. Thank you. :agree:

Thank you very much! :agree:

Not a problem. They take customer service seriously. When he gets an email directly from a customer, he makes sure it's handled. He's a great guy. I really do believe he passed your suggestion on to his team and they put together this single file download. Now if only they could get MY issue(s) resolved. :( I haven't had time to test this version, but, they haven't responded to tell me it's fixed, so, I'm guessing it's probably not.

Is anyone else getting the error in the screenshot below when uninstalling Nero 8 on a Vista 32bit machine?

nero8errorst4.jpg

Last edited:
Same here, haven't got a clue what it's all about, i guess it's just another blunder by the Nero team.

No surprises there. :) With more bloat comes more problems. I was a big fan of the 6.x Nero versions, but, unfortunately they don't support Vista so I was forced to upgrade. Nero 8 has serious potential, but, as usual, I think it's going to be a few versions before the bugs are worked out. The BSOD bug I have open with them REALLY sucks. I can't use Nero Media Home as it BSODs my machine. :(

That error seems to appear on updates, but not fresh installs.

It would be nice if the Nero Clean Tool worked as expected, but, it doesn't, it leaves loads of stuff on your machine, if it did work as expected then we probably would't be seeing this error.

OLE errors are most commonly associated with errors installing .NET Framework 2.0. Running a good Registry cleaner might help but if it is not causing any problems I wouldn't worry about it.

OLE errors are most commonly associated with errors installing .NET Framework 2.0.

While that may be true, .net Framework 2.0. and 3.0 are installed with the latest updates on my laptop, and that error message popped up during the Nero update.

The thing is, i have never seen this error with Nero 7, what i did was uninstall Nero 8.0.1.0 (this is when i got the error), then i used the Nero Clean Tool and installed Nero 8.1.1.0b, just for testing i then uninstalled Nero 8.1.1.0b and i got the very same error.

The thing is, i have never seen this error with Nero 7, what i did was uninstall Nero 8.0.1.0 (this is when i got the error), then i used the Nero Clean Tool and installed Nero 8.1.1.0b, just for testing i then uninstalled Nero 8.1.1.0b and i got the very same error.

That is weird. I thought the error message was with respect to updates only.

Back