• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD and AMD 22.3.1

DQ

Just posting this as a heads up but it APPEARS that CloneBD will not work at all with an AMD GPU and 22.3.1 drivers. Previously it worked fine but since I upgraded it fails immediately.

I already had decode acceleration turned off so this is just on the encode side that now it is failing.

I will test a bit more and post again. Maybe I am doing something silly, I will re-verify my process.

EDIT1- yes it is failing and I am doing just what I normally do.

This is Win11 if it makes a difference.

[00:10:03.229] - [ERROR ] [0x00000000006bff40] {AMD UVD/VCE-encoder}Encoder->SubmitInput() failed, 19

[00:10:03.229] - [ERROR ] [0x00000000006bff40] transcoder stop error: 0x80004005

[00:10:03.229] - [ERROR ] [0x00000000006bff40] last reported error: '{AMD UVD/VCE-encoder}Encoder->SubmitInput() failed, 19' (6)

[00:10:03.229] - Error in processStreams

Last edited:
I have nVidia cards, so this doesn't effect me directly.

Thanks for a heads-up, DQ, for the people who might be.

Reactions: DQ
Just posting this as a heads up but it APPEARS that CloneBD will not work at all with an AMD GPU and 22.3.1 drivers. Previously it worked fine but since I upgraded it fails immediately.

I already had decode acceleration turned off so this is just on the encode side that now it is failing.

I will test a bit more and post again. Maybe I am doing something silly, I will re-verify my process.

EDIT1- yes it is failing and I am doing just what I normally do.

This is Win11 if it makes a difference.

[00:10:03.229] - [ERROR ] [0x00000000006bff40] {AMD UVD/VCE-encoder}Encoder->SubmitInput() failed, 19

[00:10:03.229] - [ERROR ] [0x00000000006bff40] transcoder stop error: 0x80004005

[00:10:03.229] - [ERROR ] [0x00000000006bff40] last reported error: '{AMD UVD/VCE-encoder}Encoder->SubmitInput() failed, 19' (6)

[00:10:03.229] - Error in processStreams
Thanks for the report. Did you roll-back the driver? Does it work again?

The guys at Elby always complained in the past that AMD keeps changing the programming API in their drivers. Maybe this driver changed the API again.

Thanks for the report. Did you roll-back the driver? Does it work again?

The guys at Elby always complained in the past that AMD keeps changing the programming API in their drivers. Maybe this driver changed the API again.

I did not try a rollback unfortunately. I did not want to hose my system potentially. But this version I know DOES contain some big changes.

I did not try a rollback unfortunately. I did not want to hose my system potentially. But this version I know DOES contain some big changes.
Just create a restore point. Then do a clean install (not a quick install) of the older driver version. If it fails restore back to that created restore point.

Just create a restore point. Then do a clean install (not a quick install) of the older driver version. If it fails restore back to that created restore point.

I rather rebuild my whole system than rely on a restore point to be quite honest. That's not sarcasm, I can rebuild and restore data quickly and I hate that restore point system.

However, that said, I am willing to change drivers and change back. It's worth doing. Give me a little bit and I will report back.

So I can confirm that when I rollback the driver just 1 version (22.2.3) CloneBD works. When I am running 22.3.1 I get the errors I posted.

I never owned an AMD GPU, I own an AMD CPU, but I always buy Nvidia GPUs so I get the NVENC.dll which a better encoder than AMD puts out. I think this is the reason CloneBD always worked for me. Although I am really not sure anymore what works and what doesn't, I have not used the program for a few years.

I never owned an AMD GPU, I own an AMD CPU, but I always buy Nvidia GPUs so I get the NVENC.dll which a better encoder than AMD puts out. I think this is the reason CloneBD always worked for me. Although I am really not sure anymore what works and what doesn't, I have not used the program for a few years.

I have been using it, well until this. I guess it's back to Handbrake for regular Blu-Rays.

I have been using it, well until this. I guess it's back to Handbrake for regular Blu-Rays.
I have about 100 Bluray discs in my library, ones that I actually bought, not all new but I bought some new and others from thrift shops, they had them for 1USD a piece, and they were relatively good titles. Just not new.

I have about 100 Bluray discs in my library, ones that I actually bought, not all new but I bought some new and others from thrift shops, they had them for 1USD a piece, and they were relatively good titles. Just not new.

$1 ! That's a nice find. I buy them from Amazon from time to time when I can find a good title for less than $10. Sometimes I will get sets for under $30. Although I will do the same with DVD sets as well for older shows I like.

$1 ! That's a nice find. I buy them from Amazon from time to time when I can find a good title for less than $10. Sometimes I will get sets for under $30. Although I will do the same with DVD sets as well for older shows I like.
I got the whole Game of Thrones set at a wholesale ": Going out of business sale " for 25 dollars, I actually got it for my son, when I gave it to him, he was not interested, I sold it on eBay for 50. I think it still sells for more than that. not sure though.

Back